Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

United Fans of Merlin (Join the Magic!)

legend-dreamer

[2381]Jul 27, 2012
    • level: 13

Scop wrote:
    Found this video of Puzzlewood. I'm going to have to go there now! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqX7Bp5ORtk

Puzzlewood has been used for more than just the Valley of the Fallen Kings. It has become one of Merlin's most frequently used locations.

Puzzlewood has appeared several times: 1x11(forest scenes), 2x03(forest scenes), 3x01/02(forest scenes), 3x05(forest scenes), 3x08(Grettir at the bridge), 3x12(Druid's cave), 3x13(forest scenes), 4x01(Morgana's exterior of her hut), 4x02(Merlin and Lancelot riding through woods), 4x04(Borden's ambush of Arthur & Co.), 4x05(Arthur's ambush of Caerleon), 4x06(forest scenes), 4x10(Druid camp, forest scenes), 4x12(Elyan's fight with Southron's), 4x13(Sword in the stone scene).

Merlin Locations has a very informative guide to the filming locations the show uses.

Edited on 07/27/2012 7:38pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2382]Jul 28, 2012
    • level: 75
    Another Bradley sighting here.

"Knight & Magic... A Game of Thrones and Merlin Convention in Paris!" How cool is that? Details to be confirmed yet Source.
    Some details have been confirmed already: 6 April 2013 at 13:00 until 28 April 2013 at 18:00 Source and Source.
    The exact dates are to be defined soon according to the availability of the guests. Photoshoots, autographs, talks and many other Medieval activities are to be proposed by the event organizers.

"Fast Girls" BTS picture feat Bradley here.

"Merlin, the game" King Arthur here.

Beta tests site here.

Chat with Bossa studios, the creators of the game here.

Tom Hopper's "Good Cop" trailer here.

A lucky fan met Bradley and Colin today.

Interview with Katie about Labyrith here.

Eoin on "The Inside" his feature film directorial debut picture here.

Dolbadarn Horses, used in previous seasons of Merlin and also in series 5, can be seen at Greenfield Valley on August 26th Source.

Another Bradley sighting (August 3rd) here: "I also really didn't want to perpetuate the American stereotype or accidentally tell him that I wanted his babies"

Tom Hopper at the Olympic games (August 3rd) with siblings Jack, Ben and Emily here.

Adetomiwa attended a wedding in Nigeria on August 4th Source.

Adetomiwa has been the first Merlin guest announced by DreamyEventsFrance to attend their MagicLand convention on Dec 8th-9th in Paris Source and Source.

A fan met Angel and got her picture taken with her Source.

So far, no Merlin at BFI this September due to schedule clash Source and Source.

Yet another Bradley (and Tom) sighting here and here (Captain of the Olympic hopscotch team? Lmao!)

Bradley and Angel photoshoot has been given the go-ahead for August although publication date is not known yet Source.

The Merlin Nintendo DS game is available for preorder already and will be released on September 7th at L14.95.

_________

Tom Hopper's "Good Cop" premiere on Thursday August 30th at 9pm on BBC One and BBC HD Source.

_________

Eoin might attend Supanova Expo to be held in Brisbane Brisbane (9-11 November) and Adelaide (16-18 November) Source.

_________

Colin interview here (translation here).

_________

Bradley at the Olympic Games on August Sat 11th here.

_________

Rupert Young on hols here.

_________

Article about Pierrefonds here.

________

New SDCC picture here.

_______

From its BFI screening, the most likely air date for Doctor Who is September 1st, with its 5th episode airing on September 29th before it goes on break. Merlin then could still premiere on September 29th if they air on the same night the as they did last year if Merlin is to finish as it usually does before Christmas.

_______

The BBC has released a clip of Good Cop (premiering on August 30th on BBC1) starring Tom Hopper: “John Paul 'Sav' Rocksavage [Warren Brown] and his partner Andy Stockwell [Tom Hopper] are on a break. Sav is distracted by a group of thugs at the bar. One in particular; Noel Finch [Stephen Graham] catches his attention as he intimidates the waitress”. ***warning for adult language*** Vid here.

_______

Actor and writer State Cousins-Roe is working on a new project called This Way Out and Rupert Young is mentioned as one of the potential cast members Source.

_______

Bradley spotted at the OG again here.

_______

Apparently Adetomiwa can be seen briefly (at about 00:42) in the trailer for the second series of The Hour here.

______

Rupert with a fan here.

______

Eoin will attend the world premiere of his movie The Inside (which he wrote and directed), this coming Sunday, August 26th at the 13th Frightfest, Empire Cinema, Leicester Square at 12.45 Source.
    Trailer and the official poster can be seen here.

Edited on 08/21/2012 10:19am
    Edited 29 total times.

legend-dreamer

[2383]Aug 23, 2012

I mentioned in the Series 5 Spoilers Thread about Colin mentioning in an interview (SDCC 2011) that they film episodes 12/13 before they film episodes 10/11. The interview video is here and it starts at 9:07 (ends at 10:13, approx.) where he explains why they film them in this order.

As Colin says it's because the last 2 episodes usually have more CGI than any other episode, they are still filming when the show starts in the fall and so it allows the special effects team more time to help create the last episodes.

Edited on 08/23/2012 9:13am
    Edited 5 total times.

boom-moo

[2384]Aug 23, 2012
    Jai Dattani will be on the set of Merlin tomorrow Source. "Cardiff bound for a day on-set of #Merlin + some interviews with #ColinMorgan #KatieMcGrath #BradleyJames #AngelCoulby + maybe @eoincmacken" Source.

I was hoping for some Children in Need but hey, whatever we get

All press will be out in october to coincide (give or take) with the launch of s5! Source.

boom-moo wrote:
    Rupert will be part of The Stephen Sondheim Society's "Brush Up Your Sondheim" at the Royal Academy of Music in London on July 22th Source and Source.
    Report and pictures here.

boom-moo wrote:
    Pierrefonds filming dates (subject to variation) have been released:

-14/06/2012 to 27/06/2012
    and
    -06/09/2012 to 14/09/2012
    Source.

-September filming at Pierrefonds will be a very short stint Source.

Season 6 going ahead? : "For example, let's say a character appears in one episodes and then appears again in a couple of episodes later. What happened with the guy between those two stories? That's the connection we would like to explore. And then, of course, in the future this relationship is gonna get hopefully closer and closer. So, we can tell stories together with the TV show by season six." Source.

Merlin Nintendo DS game is called "A Servant of Two Masters" and will be released on Oct 28th, 2012. Artwork and screenshots via Amazon UK here.

Bradley James' (Bradley Gregory back then) picture from elementary school Source.

Edited on 09/28/2012 12:47pm
    Edited 14 total times.

boom-moo

[2385]Aug 28, 2012
    Double posting to make an announcement on behalf of tv.com staff:

Tv.com has launched the re-cast game starting with 10 very popular shows and movies. You can read about it here.

They’ve also been as kind as to contacting me and launching the re-cast game for an 11th show which they didn't announce... Merlin! Tv.com's suggested replacement actors have been chosen randomly. Every time the game is recasted the most popular actors will auto-populate as the suggested actors.

I'd appreciate if you could give it a go and return the kindness that tv.com has shown to this show that way. You can play here.

Have fun
    Edited on 08/28/2012 6:07pm
    Edited 4 total times.

boom-moo

[2386]Aug 29, 2012
    ***Warning, the quoted link contains slight spoilers***
    boom-moo wrote:
    The horses that some of the cast ride in series 5 are for sale. Pics of Merlin and Arthur on horseback here and here.

"Lots of #Merlin fans here last Sunday to see Colin Morgan's horse Diablo.Merlin series in Autumn will be the last." Source.

_________

Trailer and stills of Trid an Stoirn (Through the Storm) for which Katie has provided the voices of both Alice and the Banshee here.

_________

Eoin at Fright Fest (where his horror movie The Inside premiered) interviews here and here.

_________

Angel at Dancing On The Edge here, here and here. More pictures here.

_________

To make Sarah happy... Bradley spotted at a cricket game Source.

_________

Syfy is running a series 4 marathon on September 13th starting at 8am. More details here.

Series 5 will premiere on Syfy on January 4th, 2013.

_________

Hmmm Eoin on a dress.

_________

Labyrinth official trailer here.

_________

The Merlin crew to attend a festival in China Source.

________

boom-moo wrote:
    Some dates (subject to variation) have been released:

and
    Source.

Original dates for Pierrefonds block 3 filming may now be reduced to Sept 11th to Sept 13th Source which matches this recent information.

Season 5 the last one? "A bit gutted, final ever block in France will be without me....." Source.

Bradly sighting (and funny picture) here.

boom-moo wrote:
    Season 5 the last one? "A bit gutted, final ever block in France will be without me....." Source.
    From the same source: "we have been told that series 5 is the last but who knows.....!?" Source.

Crew members twittering and hinting about series 5 being the last (or at least twittering messages that could be interpreted like that) have removed their previous posts and replaced them like so:

”Let me clarify.....i am moving on to another show, this would have been my last time in france” Source.

”Last ever visit for Me with the crew to the castle. I'm off travelling around the world for a year or two” Source.

Lol at Cultbox writing an article based on one of those tweets (here). Wasn't Cultfix who also reported the (possible) Alvar hoax?

Anyway, crew member also posted over at Cultbox to 'clarify' his twitters: "Sorry guys....but my tweet was about me, not the show....I am moving on to another show, because of work commitments it would have been MY last ever block in France. Andy" Source.

Bradley catching the Eurostar and heading for France here and here.

Tom Hopper has become the first actor cast in Black Sails, Starz’s eight-episode series executive produced by Michael Bay. Set 20 years before the events in Robert Louis Stevenson’s Treasure Island, the series chronicles the adventures of fabled buccaneer Captain Flint and his men aboard the Walrus. Hopper will play Billy Bones, the first mate of The Walrus who is caught in the middle of the power struggle between Flint and his main dissenter Singleton. Hopper, repped by Paradigm, Station 3′s Peter McGrath and UK’s Waring and McKenna, played Sir Percival on the BBC series Merlin for the past two seasons Source.

_________

”My friend is in Pierrefonds (...) she was talking to the props master, and some castle staff and they said it was going be really sad when they left this time cause they wouldn't be coming back And apparently the producer said that it all depends on the ratings, but they've always been high, haven't they?” Source.

”One guy of the Merlin-crew (I think a producer) said, that there has been absolutely NO decision about whether Merlin goes on or not.” Source.

_________

***Warning: costume spoilers***
    Series 5 promo pictures Source.

_________

Pictures of Rupert and Angel spotted around Pierrefonds here, here and here.

_________

Richard and Rupert with a fan here.

_________

Eoin's "Cold" featurette (featuring himself and Tom Hopper and appealing to fans to donate and contribute for the movie to be finished) here.

Edited on 09/22/2012 4:13pm
    Edited 26 total times.

kenny64

[2387]Sep 15, 2012
    • level: 1
    Don't you think Merlin's hidden identity has been dragging on for way too long already? I certainly hope Merlin reveals his magic powers to Arthur this season. I know much of the charm will be gone or perhaps Arthur will continue treating Merlin as shitty as he's always done, who knows? I just know after 4 season enough is enough when it comes to the reveling teasing.

boom-moo

[2388]Sep 17, 2012
    I for one can do without a revealing unless it is done properly and early on in the series (season) so the others characters' reactions (Arthur's in particular) can be explored and dealt with in detail.

I can also do without a reveal at all (it seems to be the show concept/formula anyway).

(spoiler free) September filming at Pierrefonds video (Bradley and Tom’s arrival in street clothes) here thanks to ayearofDarkness.

Eoin and Tom Hopper to attend Supanova Expo in Australia ) Source.

Eoin to attend the Australian Monsterfest in Melbourne (Nov 1st, Cinema Nova at 21’15) to present his movide “The Inside” and take part at a Q&A Source.

Piece of news on French tv about the filming of Merlin in Pierrefonds and the future of the show (*** video contains spoilers***) here.

Crew and French extras say no more Merlin (at least no more Merlin in France) but at the same time someone involved in the production team says that BBC and Shine want more Merlin but that contracts (originally signed for 5 years) need renegotiating.

Radiotimes doesn't include Merlin either in the Sept 29th schedule so Oct 6th sounds more and more like the most likely premiere date.

4x12 promotional pictures here. And more to come!

boom-moo wrote:
    ***Warning: costume spoilers***
    Series 5 promo pictures Source.
    Sadly they had to be taken down temporarily: ""Last Friday, Merlin’s Keep removed hi resolution images from Season 5 of “Merlin”. This was done per
    an order from BBC Publicity who noted those images were under a strict embargo, which means they
    cannot be posted on any type of internet site or appear in a print publication until a certain date.
    Embargo dates vary, however for BBC television programs, the normal embargo date is the Tuesday
    before the episode airs, which for the removed photos would be October 2 should Episode 5001 air
    on October 6 as rumored. We apologize to our visitors for having to remove the hi resolution
    Season 5 images, however we had no choice in the matter."

New trailer for Dancing on the Edge here.

The Sept 26th SciFiNow magazine reveals: “We’re doing a movie trilogy” Source.

TPTB on how the show has evolved here.

The Merlin 2013 calendar is now available on Amazon UK (currently on special for 4.00 pounds)

Merlin has four nominations in three categories in the initial round of voting for the 2013 National Television Awards, which will take place in London on January 23rd, 2013.

Merlin - 'Best Drama'
    Angel - 'Drama Performance - Female'
    Bradley - 'Drama Performance - Male'
    Colin - 'Drama Performance - Male'

You can vote here (voting closes at 11.59pm on October 11th 2012).

_________

Bradley and Rupert at Pierrefonds in September here and here.

________

[QUOTE="boom-moo"]***Warning, the quoted link contains slight spoilers***

boom-moo wrote:
    The horses that some of the cast ride in series 5 are for sale. Pics of Merlin and Arthur on horseback here and here.

"Lots of #Merlin fans here last Sunday to see Colin Morgan's horse Diablo.Merlin series in Autumn will be the last." Source.

_________

Trailer and stills of Trid an Stoirn (Through the Storm) for which Katie has provided the voices of both Alice and the Banshee here.

_________

Eoin at Fright Fest (where his horror movie The Inside premiered) interviews here and here.

_________

Angel at Dancing On The Edge here, here and here. More pictures here.

_________

To make Sarah happy... Bradley spotted at a cricket game Source.

_________

Syfy is running a series 4 marathon on September 13th starting at 8am. More details here.

Series 5 will premiere on Syfy on January 4th, 2013.

_________

Hmmm Eoin on a dress.

_________

Labyrinth official trailer here.

_________

The Merlin crew to attend a festival in China Source.

________

boom-moo wrote:
    Some dates (subject to variation) have been released:

and
    Source.

Original dates for Pierrefonds block 3 filming may now be reduced to Sept 11th to Sept 13th Source which matches this recent information.

Bradly sighting (and funny picture) here.

boom-moo wrote:
    Eoin's "Cold" featurette (featuring himself and Tom Hopper and appealing to fans to donate and contribute for the movie to be finished) here.

-"Thank you" vid to the fans who have helped support their new film Cold: Eoin, Tom (and Katie) here.
    -Eoin explains how the money raised will be used here.

More rumours on s5 being the last: “Shame it’s the last ever Merlin” Source.

Colin sighting in Cardiff here.

Merlin S5 Vol 1 to be released in the UK on November 26th, 2012 (it can be pre-ordered from Amazon UK for 14.99 pounds here.

A Merlin fan called Kay Drew is seeking submissions about the show to create "a documentary for the fans by the fans". More information at her blog here.

Bradley has been included in Wetpaint Entertainment's list of "Super-Hot British Guys and the Must-See UK Shows They Star In" Source.

The Fast Girls facebook page has uploaded a BTS video but Bradley can be seen in the background (4'08 to 4'25) here.

It's finally official. Merlin returns on Oct 6th at 7'45pm Source.

Edited on 09/26/2012 1:08pm
    Edited 16 total times.

illegalferret

[2389]Sep 27, 2012
    • level: 25

You beat me to it Esther (as usual!!) but here's the FB link just to make us even happierhttp://www.facebook.com/MerlinOfficial

boom-moo

[2390]Sep 27, 2012
    The Facebook page contains spoilery pics that's why I went for the spoiler free version, Sarah

Old picture of Bradley with a fan here.

Katie and Richard to appear on the channel 4 TV show, SundayBrunch on Sunday September 30th Source.

Animated characters badges from “Merlin the game” here.

Rupert Young has recorded an audio book called “Holmes for the Holidays” and is about an encounter between Dorian Grey and Sherlock Holmes set during Christamas 1912. Rupert voices the role of James Moriarty. It will be available for download in December Source.

The TV Breakroom is running some polls to vote for your favourite tv duos. Merlin and Arthur are against Supernatural's Sam and Dean. You can vote here.

Bradley can be seen in the background of this Fast Girls video (4’07 to 4’25).

The BBC finally lists Merlin episode 5x01 in their Oct 6th schedule. You can find the episode title, synopsis and credits here.

Episode 5x02 in their Oct 13th schedule here.

Rupert Young to join Eoin and Tom Hopper at Supanova Australia Source.

boom-moo wrote:
    Katie and Richard to appear on the channel 4 TV show, SundayBrunch on Sunday September 30th Source.
    Here they are.

Radiotimes photoshoot with the cast here.

Bradley James on the continuation of the show here.

Bradley on crutches? Source.

Edited on 10/05/2012 2:04pm
    Edited 11 total times.

legend-dreamer

[2391]Oct 5, 2012

The soundtracks for Merlin Series 3 and 4 have finally been released on iTunes!!!! I understand that CD versions will become available November 12 on Amazon in the UK (unsure as to when CD versions will be available in US and Canada....but it is on iTunes! )

Edited on 10/05/2012 2:39pm
    Edited 2 total times.

boom-moo

[2392]Oct 5, 2012
    That is excellent news! I can't wait for Michal Pavlicek's clips, they are brilliant.

Oh, here we go:
    -Series 3 and Series 4.

Series 3 and Series 4 soundtracks release dates listed in Amazon as November 12th, 2012.

Fast Girls related article and video interview with Bradley James here and here.

Colin Morgan article here.

boom-moo wrote:
    Bradley on crutches? Source.
    Turns out it wasn't him but his friend but we have been treated to a gorgeous picture here.

(Apparently the following tweets have been removed)

-Caerphilly Castle: After 2 days of shooting we say goodbye for the final time,it's been a pleasure to have worked with you over the years Source.
    -Caerphilly Castle: as far as we know this is the final series of Merlin... But you never know???

Colin Morgan interview here.

Merlin is also on tumblr now ***warning, content migth be spoilery*** here.

Katie invites Merlin fans to share their artwork here.

Merlin "A Servant of Two Masters" Nintendo DS game trailer here. Nice music!

Interview with Bradley James here.

From Merlin's Keep:

"Thank you so much for the support, along with everyone else who responded on your blog. It is a relief to know there are fans who support the site and hope it remains/returns asap. It is strange that for four years, BBC never once went after the site, or any for that matter, for copyright infringement or posting photos before embargo date - which, at least none of the photos posted last week were under, except 10 from 5004, and we removed those asap when we learnt that. Yet, still we were than told to remove every other S5 image no matter where they came from since all S5 images, according to BBC, are a strict violation of embargo and copyright and cannot be posted. Funny thing is, those images they demanded removed were not even released by BBC. Sadly, another e-mail from BBC ordered us to remove any other Merlin image too, since they are all under copyright. They say fansites must respect the same laws as real magazines and sites do, well then why is BBC giving SFX, Sunday Times, the supposedly embargoed photos to use? Why can’t those at least be posted if fans find the hires versions? We are getting two different stories from different folks who have contacted the site from BBC PR. And none of it is positive. They contacted another site too. They don’t give permission to fansites to post photos. So, we don’t know what will happen. Agencies, studios, shows tend to always look the other way. BBC isn’t in this case.
    It seems a bit ironic that this all happens, and suddenly Shine launches their own Merlin tumblr announcing a fanart contest. Although Merlin’s Keep isn’t the only place with photos, it is (or was) still a huge source notably for the size ones that are good for that sort of thing (art), so why would BBC and Shine want to take that away from fans? If they are so concerned about copyright infringement, why are they telling fans to make photoshop and poster images that are bound to be made with copyrighted photos?"
    Source.

Eoin's announcement about a "Cold" related convention:

"So the suggestion was that we could hold a convention ourselves, whereby fans could come and meet us, have a Q+A, and in doing support the film 'Cold', become a part of it's growth and completion and thus a part of the film, and then we could thank them in person, which seemed like a very different idea. So that is what we are doing....

We are going to have a private convention in London on the day of Saturday November 3rd, maybe also Sunday the 4th, depending on interest, where myself and Tom, and some VERY SPECIAL GUESTS.....(which we will announce as we go along to build suspense - because that seems like fun - but you all know who they are likely to be let's be honest...), will hold a meet and greet, give every participant a signed photograph from the film 'Cold', and if they want their own photos of Merlin or any other show signed then that too, have a Q+A, where you can ask us anything, as we will be mediating it, and then show an exclusive first look trailer of 'Cold'. It will be rough, as we will have barely finished filming, but will give a taster. And maybe there will be some music too....hopefully...."
    Source.

More information here.

Eoin and Rupert spotted in Cardiff (includes picture with a fan) here. And then some more here. Talk about being at the right place at the right time!

Bradley's clips in Fast Girls here.

RadioTimes photoshoot behind the scenes pics here and here.

Eoin posted a spoiler free pic of himself and a crew guy on set here.

-"Last Day on @MerlinOfficial today! #sadtimes but has been a blast over the last 5 years! #ShotinWales" Source.

-"The 148th and final days filming on Merlin. Even the sun is out in Wales.." Source.

-"So this is it. Last day on Merlin today, forever!!! Goodbye rain-soaked forests, farewell muddy quarries, ta-ta torrential welsh rain." Source.

-"All the best to fellow Knights who have finished filming Merlin this week. Will miss the team, esp the costume dept ! pic.twitter.com/rTJOlsaq" Source.

Adetomiwa in "But i cd only whisper" here.

Edited on 10/12/2012 10:31am
    Edited 22 total times.

PenguinSuzie

[2393]Oct 12, 2012
    • level: 10
    Merlin's Keep is back up. There's no longer S5 pictures for the moment though.

boom-moo

[2394]Oct 13, 2012
    In reply to a fan who asks about s5 being the last, Eoin replies: "oh chill chill, end of series...jeez..." Source.

However then there's this.

Eoin and Tom after going karting to celebrate Bradley's bday here.

Colin donated some books to charity here.

Edited on 10/13/2012 11:52am
    Edited 2 total times.

PenguinSuzie

[2395]Oct 13, 2012
    • level: 10
    I'm not sure they would be allowed to say it was the last ever season on Twitter, before it's even been announced/decided. Maybe it's just his last time working on the show. Though the mention of 'forever' makes it sound like this will be the last season.

boom-moo

[2396]Oct 15, 2012
    5x02 filming report and bts pics here and here.

Funny (picture heavy) 5x01 review here.

The BBC Merlin site galleries have been updated with new pictures to include the Euchadag, Lochru, villians and heroes here.

Edited on 10/17/2012 2:09am
    Edited 2 total times.

Scop

[2397]Oct 17, 2012
    • level: 4

The last day tweets may just be personal last days as people's contracts run out. I wouldn't doubt the show's going into another hiatus though like it did before season 4 and a lot more things may have to be renegotiated yet as well.

boom-moo

[2398]Oct 17, 2012
    Funny (picture heavy) 5x02 review here.

Lots of barechested Eoin and Tom here.

Bradley, Colin and Angel attended the Loserville musical in London on October 17th, 2012. Pictures here, here and here.

Another 5x02 bts pic here.

Colin and Alexander Vlahos to record the 5x02 audio commentary Source.

Bradley and Katie on T4 pics here and here and video here.
    Edited on 10/21/2012 1:58pm
    Edited 9 total times.

boom-moo

[2400]Oct 22, 2012
    boom-moo wrote:
    Funny (picture heavy) 5x01 review here.
    5x02 one here.