Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Welcome to "The Rising Sun" tavern! (Off-topic Thread)

illegalferret

[57521]Nov 6, 2012
    • level: 25

ACDiNosey wrote:
    btw, I didn't comment, but what's that new icon of yours, Esther? I don't recognise the actor or the show (but then that's not telling much...)

Me neither but he seems quite intent about lighting that candle! He could do with Merlin!

Edited on 11/06/2012 3:11am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[57522]Nov 6, 2012
    • level: 75
    At least you won't risk putting your clothes right into the laundry basket, Sarah. Gotta look at the bright side

ACDiNosey wrote:
    btw, I didn't comment, but what's that new icon of yours, Esther? I don't recognise the actor or the show (but then that's not telling much...)
    The actor is Josh Dallas who plays David Nolan/Prince Charming in Once Upon a Time

illegalferret wrote:

Me neither but he seems quite intent about lighting that candle! He could do with Merlin!

It's a really lovely scene, he lights a candle because his grandson has had a nightmare and he says that candles chase nightmares away. He used to do that for his wife too, as she tells earlier in the episode while she is comforting someone else who's just had a nightmare. It's cute because David and his wife are apart at the moment... anyway, the kind of thing that makes sense if you watch the show

The gif is not too good, the colours in the scene are lovely and also the fact that David is blurry until the cadle is lit and the camera focuses on him.

Never mind me
    Edited on 11/06/2012 3:15am
    Edited 2 total times.

illegalferret

[57523]Nov 6, 2012

boom-moo wrote:
    At least you won't risk putting your clothes right into the laundry basket, Sarah. Gotta look at the bright side

Yeah i've got at least until the end of the month before i run the risk of coming home covered in glitter! I found some on my wellie boots the other day, yeah i'd taken them to the holiday club but i wasn't aware they'd been near any glitter! With Christmas coming i feel i should cherish every day in which i don't find glitter in some strange place or another

boom-moo

[57524]Nov 6, 2012
    illegalferret wrote:

With Christmas coming i feel i should cherish every day in which i don't find glitter in some strange place or another

Lmao, very true!

In any case, glitter isn't the worst you can get when you are around kids

illegalferret

[57525]Nov 6, 2012

boom-moo wrote:
    In any case, glitter isn't the worst you can get when you are around kids

That is very true!! And i'd rather have glitter over other things i've got from children But still when you find it in your hair, shoes, down your top, in your dinner! it gets a little annoying!

boom-moo

[57526]Nov 6, 2012
    In your dinner? Lmao, not fun indeed

My niece likes to do stuff with some tiny shiny stars and they remain all over my place for ages.

illegalferret

[57527]Nov 6, 2012

The dinner incident was weird as i hadn't even cooked the dinner! It must have just fallen off me into my food as i sat down to eat it!

I shouldn't grumble to much about the glitter, because using that along with the 2 dozen odd other arty/ crafty things that we use and of course mud, that ends up on us staff and all over the room we use, is proof that the children have had a fun day and done things they may not be able to do at home, which is the point of it all really

ACDiNosey

[57528]Nov 6, 2012
    • level: 28
    Right girlies, I must leave you for now. I have a great deal of tidying to do...

boom-moo

[57529]Nov 6, 2012
    illegalferret wrote:

I shouldn't grumble to much about the glitter, because using that along with the 2 dozen odd other arty/ crafty things that we use and of course mud, that ends up on us staff and all over the room we use, is proof that the children have had a fun day and done things they may not be able to do at home, which is the point of it all really

Ah indeed. Same as yummy food is full of calories, having fun with kids more often than not implies making a bit of a mess.

Later, AC. Hope you are done soon enough *hugs*

illegalferret

[57530]Nov 6, 2012

Bye AC Good luck with the tidying!

Got anything nice planned for the afternoon Esther? Or are you just going to shelter inside and hope it stops raining?!

boom-moo

[57531]Nov 6, 2012
    I'd gladly do that but I'm meeting with a friend to help her with some English papers. It'll be boring but hey, we'll also have a chance to share a coffee and chat a bit

illegalferret

[57532]Nov 6, 2012

You always do little bit of helping on the English papers, then starting talking about something else and whilst sipping coffee one thing will lead to another and when you go your separate ways a good time will have been had by both of you, but very little English paperwork Well that's normally what happens to me and my friends if we meet to talk about something!

boom-moo

[57533]Nov 6, 2012
    illegalferret wrote:

You always do little bit of helping on the English papers, then starting talking about something else and whilst sipping coffee one thing will lead to another and when you go your separate ways a good time will have been had by both of you, but very little English paperwork

Lmao, I'm afraid so! We have to cover some ground today though because she has exams in a month's time so the percentage of chat will be reduced as the date approaches

illegalferret

[57534]Nov 6, 2012

Ah if there's an exam involved it's probably a good idea to actually do some work and help her! You always range a meet up the day after the exam for a major gossip/chat. But then again you need to take revision breaks, that's what the experts always say so occasionally going off topic and having a natter could be a very good thing!

boom-moo

[57535]Nov 6, 2012
    Wow, you are quite an expert on the topic! I'm definitely following your advice (and that of the experts, of course )

Not being for her I wouldn't leave home, to be honest. I hope that tomorrow the weather is a bit nicer because I need to go shopping for a bday present. I know what a want but I'm not sure if it'll be easy to find. I want one of those pendants that open like a box and you can put pictures inside. I have two of them but one I bought outside and the other one was given as a present to me.

illegalferret

[57536]Nov 6, 2012

boom-moo wrote:
    Wow, you are quite an expert on the topic! I'm definitely following your advice (and that of the experts, of course )

Not liking revision i took more on board about how you needed to take break than how to actually do the revision part

Boom-Moo wrote:
    I know what a want but I'm not sure if it'll be easy to find. I want one of those pendants that open like a box and you can put pictures inside. I have two of them but one I bought outside and the other one was given as a present to me.

Oh like a locket Nice present, you get some really pretty ones and some that can be can quite old. I love knowing exactly what i want to get someone as a present. Though it can get really annoying if you can't then find what you're looking for! I hope your hunt is a successful one!

boom-moo

[57537]Nov 6, 2012
    That's it, a locket. The word wouldn't come to my mind.

It's for my nephew #6's mum. I want to put in the locket a pic of her husband and another one of her kid who is only 10 months old. I think she is gonna like that. We are having lunch together on Thursday to celebrate.

One of my lockets looks old but it really isn't (some sort of old silver with a dark blue stone). The other one is shiny silver.

illegalferret

[57538]Nov 6, 2012

That's a really nice And as he grows up she can either change the picture or keep it as a reminder of him when he was tiny.

It doesn't matter how old they are, just that you like them and get wear out of them. I don't have one myself, i've never found one i liked enough but i'm sure i'll own one at some point!

With Christmas approaching i need to start putting my present buying brain into business! I'm not brilliant at buying presents but sometimes i do get hit by a genius idea! You sound really good at choosing presents!

boom-moo

[57539]Nov 6, 2012
    I hope that you find one that you like when you least expect it, I think it's a nice thing to have

Ah yes, Christmas shopping list indeed! I pretty much know what to get except for two people.

illegalferret

[57540]Nov 6, 2012

boom-moo wrote:
    Ah yes, Christmas shopping list indeed! I pretty much know what to get except for two people.

WHAT?!!!! I've got no idea what to buy anybody! Very jealous of you now!