Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Welcome to "The Rising Sun" tavern! (Off-topic Thread)

boom-moo

[81]Feb 5, 2010
    • level: 75
    I love Enya too, Danko! Her scores give me the goose bumps once and again. There was this one pub in Cork that only played music by her. The whole place, the atmosphere, everything was set up for people to go over with a book, take a comfortable seat and a very hot coffee and chill out. I also love The Corrs and I lost my voice watching Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance from too much cheering. I know the Loreena McKennit version of the poem, but it is not complete so it disappointed me. I know it would have made too long of a song but I dunno, a poem that lacks some of its lines loses a lot of its essence.

Poetry used to be my forte when studying, and also when writing. I was good at extracting meanings and ranting for hours about them, as you can easily guess I still write some, but I tend to go for short stories now.

Oh wow! I loved the rubaiyat (those are some very impressive first verses)and I know about 'Prufrock', I like that bit a lot as well! We are blessed with so many talented people writing so many breathtaking things!

dpebbleson wrote:
    So you have a compilation of these songs! That's great, I'd love to read it, as I get it you are more informed about poetry than I am, so I'm sure your choices are good. Anyway, if you have it in some .rar format or something, I could give you my e-mail by pm, and you could send me those. But if you don't have them in electronic version, than don't bother, really.
    Huh? *is confused* Of which songs? I have poetry compilations but I own the books. There must be electronic versions for sure but it never occurred to me to check for those.

It hardly snows in here, Eric. I'm at sea level so it must be really cold for us to get some snow. We've got two snowfalls already, so if we get a third one, we'll be done until next year since that's pretty much our average snow rate. Watch your step if you venture out there. I can keep providing with fat free fast food online

Lol Sarah, see why you shouldn't leave? Yay for things going way better this time with the observer! *dances around with Sarah* My week has been pretty meh (it's one week without my laptop today *pouts*, boss has been on a jerky mood and my friends' working schedules hardly allow us to meet. We are having dinner tomorrow so that'll make up for it
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dpebbleson

[82]Feb 5, 2010
    • level: 24
    No, not the songs, the poems, it was my bad, I said songs instead of poems And this editing program at tv.com mashed together all those rubaiyat so I figure it was kind of hard to read them.

boom-moo

[83]Feb 5, 2010
    Oh, I see. I'm afraid I don't have them in an electronic version. We should do one big Merlin chatroom one day though and share songs and stuff

And that's ok, I pasted the rubaiyat to a Word document and went trough it in the morning when I was at work so I wasn't logged in all the time

dpebbleson

[84]Feb 6, 2010

Yeah, we definitely should

I had a strange dream last night, and it concerns illegalferret. I dreamed (who knows why... ?) that Sarah changed her avatar icon, and that bothered me a lot. So, Sarah, don't change it, it's very funny and full of life, and obviously, my unconscious self has a problem with that

boom-moo

[85]Feb 6, 2010
    Hi Danko

Lmao! You should add that to the "you know you are addicted to Merlin when..." thread

dpebbleson

[86]Feb 6, 2010
    Hi!

Yeah, you're right...

boom-moo

[87]Feb 6, 2010
    We make quite a bunch of obssessed people around here, but it is such a pleasing obssession And it's good to have others around who understand it.

How is your Saturday going? Any plans for the day?

dpebbleson

[88]Feb 6, 2010
    Well, I've just come from the exams, so I came here, as here is always optimistic, so I needed to smile for awhile, and then I go to read some more for the exams which are tomorrow. And after tomorrow, I am free as a bird flying on the wings of the wind!

What about you?

boom-moo

[89]Feb 6, 2010

*sends tons of good luck vibes for the upcoming exams* Hope you do brilliantly at them

I have a quiet afternoon ahead. I'm (finally!) getting my laptop back later today so I plan to work on a couple of things, one of them being rewatching my episode of choice, and then I'm going out in the evening to have dinner out with my friends. I think they are in the mood for some karaoke after that, so I'll need some "potion" to dig my dinner with or there's no way they drag me into one

Edited on 02/06/2010 7:15am

dpebbleson

[90]Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks! I hope I just get rid of them already, anything else is an extra!

Go for that potion. Tomorrow when I am done with all that, we, the poor students, have agreed to go to a pub or something, where we will take some serious amounts of "potion" so as we clear our synapses and other brain-parts

I wish you a good fun tonight!

boom-moo

[91]Feb 6, 2010
    Just one more day to go, Danko I've never had exams on a Saturday or a Sunday though. Is that usual over there?

Lol at the serious amounts of "potion"! That's gonna be me tonight. And thank you, I know I'll have fun. My friends are too funny not to

illegalferret

[92]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 25
    dpebbleson wrote:

I had a strange dream last night, and it concerns illegalferret. I dreamed (who knows why... ?) that Sarah changed her avatar icon, and that bothered me a lot. So, Sarah, don't change it, it's very funny and full of life, and obviously, my unconscious self has a problem with that

OMG!! Danko, you have my word, the ferret isn't going anywhere!

Good luck with your exams, to have them on the weekend seriously sucks! I think taking "potions" down the pub is an excellent idea! Me and my housemates drank a lot of them last night in our house, we ended up having such a laugh!!

My plans for the rest of the day include cleaning the bathroom , making cookies and possible watching the rugby!

dpebbleson

[93]Feb 6, 2010
    boom-moo wrote:
    Just one more day to go, Danko I've never had exams on a Saturday or a Sunday though. Is that usual over there?

Lol at the serious amounts of "potion"! That's gonna be me tonight. And thank you, I know I'll have fun. My friends are too funny not to

On a usual faculty, it's not usual, so to say But my faculty is far from usual in many ways, so we've got exams over the weekends. Don't worry, I'm used to not having free weekends, as from the moment I enrolled at the faculty in 2005 until now I've had lectures on Saturday, and since I am at these postgraduate studies, I've had even on Sundays, since the professors are traveling from other cities, so it's convenient for them. And of course, no one asks us what is convenient

Though I shouldn't complain, I had free Thursdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and basically now the whole week except the weekend is free to sleep however long you want and all that...

As for the potions, which potions you prefer. I prefer Brandyon of Regeneration and Beerus of Forgetfulness!

boom-moo

[94]Feb 6, 2010
    Hey Sarah

Looks like your icon talk has summoned you here, huh? I wish I was able to bake! Do you happen to bake Merlin cast shaped cookies by any chance?

dpebbleson

[95]Feb 6, 2010
    illegalferret wrote:
    dpebbleson wrote:

OMG!! Danko, you have my word, the ferret isn't going anywhere!

Good luck with your exams, to have them on the weekend seriously sucks! I think taking "potions" down the pub is an excellent idea! Me and my housemates drank a lot of them last night in our house, we ended up having such a laugh!!

My plans for the rest of the day include cleaning the bathroom , making cookies and possible watching the rugby!

Yeah, and your signature is hilarious as well.

Is that a student?
    Technically it's a ferret!

It always makes me laugh

May ye all have a merry potion night!!!

boom-moo

[96]Feb 6, 2010
    dpebbleson wrote:
    Though I shouldn't complain, I had free Thursdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and basically now the whole week except the weekend is free to sleep however long you want and all that...
    That balances up pretty good. As long as you have faculty friends to hang out with, that is.

My potion of choice is usually Malibyon of Giggliness or Vodkarus of Funniness

illegalferret

[97]Feb 6, 2010

Cast shaped cookies lol!!! I will count myself lucky if my cookies even end up looking like regualar cookies!

My signature is taken from Harry Potter 4, it's a quote from both book and film. Heard it and loved it as it went so well with my name!

boom-moo

[98]Feb 6, 2010
    illegalferret wrote:
    Cast shaped cookies lol!!! I will count myself lucky if my cookies even end up looking like regualar cookies!
    Ha,ha. It was worth the try Hope you come back to leave a tray over here

illegalferret

[99]Feb 6, 2010
    Ok the cookies taste nice but look like cow pats!!

boom-moo

[100]Feb 6, 2010
    Lmao! The taste is what matters And looks are overrated anyway. I'm off to have dinner out, do you mind leaving one here for me to feast in when I'm back? Have a lovely night, Sarah *hugs*