Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

Welcome to "The Rising Sun" tavern! (Off-topic Thread)

illegalferret

[101]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 25
    Have a great night out too! I'll leave the cookie on a small plate next to a large glass of water!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[102]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 75
    *hic*

Had a great time, thank you

*hic*

*munches on yummy cookie* Delicious!

*hic*

Looks like that glass of water is gonna come *hic* handy

dpebbleson

[103]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 23

Where is everybody...?

I am finally free for a few weeks, so I'll be here more often to comment and all that.

And yeah, yesterday I drank beer. Lots of it. It really refreshed me, cleared my synapses

Cheers!!!

boom-moo

[104]Feb 8, 2010
    dpebbleson wrote:
    Where is everybody...?
    *pokes Danko* Right here

Hey there! How did those exams go? Yay for being free

dpebbleson

[105]Feb 8, 2010
    Wow, aren't you quick!

I passed one exam, for the other three I'm still waiting for the results.

But I no longer care, 'cause I will now throw those damned texts that almost a month of my life into some corner, and forget them

The Dragon is released!!!

boom-moo

[106]Feb 8, 2010
    I bet you've done just fine. Time to make your own Great Purge with those texts Or just ask the dragon to kindly exhale on them for you

dpebbleson

[107]Feb 8, 2010
    I think I've had it just about enough, so I won't be surprised if there is fire in my breath as well I'd gladly burn them!

How was your day - was your Sunday ice cream sundae?

boom-moo

[108]Feb 8, 2010
    My Sunday was great but Monday has been pretty meh so far. The thing is that my office computer broke a while ago so job is piling up while my boss decides to get a new one It's getting way better now that I am out of the office and talking Merlin You back to regular cla_sses or enjoying a break after the exams?

dpebbleson

[109]Feb 8, 2010
    Your boss is a real fast-thinker

Nope, I am enjoying (most probably) a two-week break! The time of my life! Hahahaahahaa! (Now I sound scary, even to myself... )

boom-moo

[110]Feb 8, 2010
    Yeah, especially since I had been warning him that my computer was shutting itself and stuff

Whoa! A two-week break sounds terrific! Any big plans apart from being lazy?

dpebbleson

[111]Feb 8, 2010
    Nope, no big plans, I'm tired of big plans

But you know, a lot stuff can come out of just being lazy, it's when the person is most inventive - about how to be as lazy as you can, techniques of being lazy, wasting your time like you're gonna live forever, and alike

As a friend of mine says very often: A wasted weekend is never a weekend wasted!

boom-moo

[112]Feb 8, 2010
    I agree with your friend, being lazy is an art, let alone procrastinating!

Each time I feel like being a couch potato plans end up coming my way

illegalferret

[113]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 25

Aww I'm jealous of your two week break! I've got a very hetic week this week, but then as it's half term next week i get the next week off and i get to go home!! yay!!!

boom-moo

[114]Feb 8, 2010
    Hey Sarah Now I'm jealous of you too. A whole week off for me is in the far future yet. Oh well.

dpebbleson

[115]Feb 8, 2010
    I am astounded to find out that everybody is suddenly jealous of me! Who would have said a two-week break is so golden these days! Hehehe, life is funny, at one point you are buried under a tons of boring papers, at another, you're the lucky guy with two weeks of infinite laziness!

boom-moo

[116]Feb 8, 2010
    dpebbleson wrote:
    Who would have said a two-week break is so golden these days!
    You kidding? It is an absolute gift. I only get to enjoy that twice a year! (and that's all the holidays I get)

dpebbleson

[117]Feb 8, 2010
    To quote Merlin, (puts his legs on the table), "let me enjoy.. the moment!" While I can, of course Anyway, a thing I noticed. Since I also post on the Supernatural forum, I have just drawn a little comparison very favourable for M'erlin. SPN fans are much more numerous than Me'rlin fans - and I mean, much more numerous, there are like ten times more participants in the forum than here (but strangely there are less viewers of it in U.S.A. than are in Britain for example as regards Mer'lin). Still, that forum has been quite quiet lately, as opposed to the hard core of Merl'in forum that is very small (just five or six of us regulars) but which keeps it very active. In comparison, I used to go a lot more to the SPN forum, because that's where I started on TV.com, and then I went to check out Merli'n forum. That was some two months ago. Now I first check Merlin' threads, then go to SPN ones! Go go M'erlin!
    Edited on 02/08/2010 12:26pm

boom-moo

[118]Feb 8, 2010
    dpebbleson wrote:
    Now I first check Merlin' threads, then go to SPN ones! Go go M'erlin!
    Aww, that is so cute of you We are doing great at keeping this alive, are we not? Even more considering that our hiatus is way longer than that of most tv shows! I alone can rumble for 9 months, but I can't tell how happy I am to have come across fellow 'highly dedicated' *cough*obssessed*cough* fans.

*group hugs everyone*

dpebbleson

[119]Feb 8, 2010
    It's a great job, indeed, and largely because of you. You have a patience and perseverance worth of a great deal of admiration

New novel by Esther: 'Patience and Perseverance' or 'How I coped with a nine-month-long hiatus of my beloved TV series - and won!'

A critical review on the backside of the book:

"In her authorial debut Esther, also known as boom-moo, shows us how strength of will can overcome time itself. By intricately weaving people skills, emotionality, and a good sense of humour, she plunges us into the world in which everything is possible. This book is not only about how to survive a hiatus of a TV show: it is about how to survive any physical detachment without losing emotional attachment. It is about staying atop and conquering solitude. Indeed this reviewer has never read a book that tells so much about its title terms, patience and perseverance."

A snippet from the interview with Esther.

"It's just the way I do things," says she, calm, yet so full of energy at the same time. "I sit down, make myself a cup of chocolate, and I begin. Every day is a battle, every month is a battle won. You've got to fight loneliness, and in order to do that you need people. And you need to love people. It's all karma", points out Eshter. "You give good vibes, and they return." She snaps her fingers: "Just like that. It's magic." But she doesn't want to elaborate on that magic. "Well, we've got to keep the magic secret, don't we?" Esther gives a wink and leaves. But the magic doesn't.

Hope you enjoyed this burst of inspiration!

boom-moo

[120]Feb 8, 2010
    dpebbleson wrote:
    It's a great job, indeed, and largely because of you. You have a patience and perseverance worth of a great deal of admiration
    Omg, sush! If you guys enjoy talking non stop about this show the umpteenth time that I do, then it's all worth it

dpebbleson wrote:
    New novel by Esther: 'Patience and Perseverance' or 'How I coped with a nine-month-long hiatus of my beloved TV series - and won!'

A critical review on the backside of the book:

"In her authorial debut Esther, also known as boom-moo, shows us how strength of will can overcome time itself. By intricately weaving people skills, emotionality, and a good sense of humour, she plunges us into the world in which everything is possible. This book is not only about how to survive a hiatus of a TV show: it is about how to survive any physical detachment without losing emotional attachment. It is about staying atop and conquering solitude. Indeed this reviewer has never read a book that tells so much about its title terms, patience and perseverance."

A snippet from the interview with Esther.

"It's just the way I do things," says she, calm, yet so full of energy at the same time. "I sit down, make myself a cup of chocolate, and I begin. Every day is a battle, every month is a battle won. You've got to fight loneliness, and in order to do that you need people. And you need to love people. It's all karma", points out Eshter. "You give good vibes, and they return." She snaps her fingers: "Just like that. It's magic." But she doesn't want to elaborate on that magic. "Well, we've got to keep the magic secret, don't we?" Esther gives a wink and leaves. But the magic doesn't.

Hope you enjoyed this burst of inspiration!
    Lmao! I can't even tell how much I love you for this, it's made me laugh a lot *huggles Danko* Of course I enjoyed it, and not far from the truth at all! I'm so saving this, thank you so very really much!