Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

What do you all think of the upcoming Merlin Movie Trilogy?

chaos_789

[1]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 2

They said on tv that the movie will be based on the show. (which is why I am posting it here.) Does anyone have any info, are the actors from the show going to return for the movie, will it start from the beginning or take place at a certain point. All I know is they said it's going to be based on the tv show merlin and there will be 3 movies.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2]Jul 18, 2012
    • level: 75
    Hello chaos_789

For future reference, and to avoid cluttering the forum, please note that no new topic threads should be open if there's an existing one where you topic fits. In this case, you should use the 'United Fans of Merlin' thread (here) or the Q&A thread (here) which are pinned at the top of the page for easy access. Please repost there.

We appreciate all contributions but we also like to follow the rules and keep a clear and accessible forum for new users to easily find their way around. In case of any doubt, you can go through the Posting Rules thread (also pinned on top of the page (here) so you know where you post what. And of course, you can also pm me anytime.

Anyway, here is the best I can do to answer your questions:

***Warning: the links provided below contain spoilers***

-They may be planning 3 movies as well as a Season 6: "One idea we've been playing around with is to reboot the whole series [for the films]," says Capps. "We would go back in time and start the story again and show different parts that you didn't see in the series. The other idea is to do a continuation, but we haven't decided yet." Source.

-Series 5 won't probably be the show's final season. TPTB are talking with the BBC about another two seasons and a trilogy of off-shoot movies. The films would chronicle adventures of Arthur and the Knights of Camelot the series hasn't had a chance to cover, so could potentially travel a bit back in time and reintroduce characters who've since left the show Source.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.