Merlin Forums

BBC (ended 2012)

When will Series 4 start?

tanksleyk

[1]Feb 26, 2011
    • level: 8

I am a new viewer of Merlin when does season 4 begin here in the states? And when does it begin on BBC? I can't believe it has taken me 3 seasons to start watching but I have caught up and now am obsessed Thanks

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2]Feb 27, 2011
    • level: 75
    Hello tanksleyk, welcome to the forum

For future reference, and to avoid cluttering the forum, please note that no new topic threads should be open unless there isn't already a proper thread to post in. In this case, you can use the 'Q&A' thread here to get more and better replies before this one gets buried.

We appreciate all contributions but we also like to follow the rules and keep a clear and accessible forum for new users to easily find their way around. In case of any doubt, you can go through the Posting Rules and Submission Guidelines threads, which are pinned at the top of the page for easy access, so you can know where you post what. And of course, you can also pm me anytime.

Have fun around!

To answer your question, airing dates for series 4 haven't been confirmed yet. There's been contradictory information about the UK date, since it's been said that it'll air either around its usual time (Late September 2011) or 2012. Latest news seem to support the former. The new series is gonna be shorter (just 10 episodes) so that might also have to do with it. However, filming schedules are the same as always, so I personally think that it'll air in late September or Early October, so that it ends around its usual time (beginning of December) despite being a bit shorter.

No airing dates for the USA yet, but if it follows the tendency of the past years, it'll air some 3-4 months after its UK release is complete.

Sorry, I know it's all very confusing but that the best I could do with the information we have as of yet.
    Edited on 02/27/2011 7:00am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.