Merlin

BBC (ended 2012)

boom-moo

Merlin Fan Reviews (186)

• Bad Ending

Please Merlin fans, join 2return, Twitter: @merlin2return. We are a real group working together for a single purpose. Bringing Merlin back. We can do it if we have the numbers and work together. Come on people, Merlin needs us.

The ending ruined the show for me. Short battle. No epic fight between Merlin and Morgana. Arthur dies, Merlin is a total failure and goes off to be alone forever. Why would they have Gaius tell Gwen that Arthur was in good hands? He wasn't. Why didn't the dragon save Arthur? Gwen has to rule alone. Her and Arthur were barely together. What about Merlin's mom? The ending just fell apart. All they had to do was: 1) Merlin arrives at the battle as himself on the back of the great dragon. 2) Merlin has epic battle with Morgana and wins. 3) Arthur and Mordred fight and Arthur wins, but is hurt. 4) Dragon heals Arthur. 5) Arthur tells the dragon he was wrong. 6) Arthur & Merlin ride the dragon back to Camelot 7) Arthur tells everyone about Merlin and how magic isn't evil, only some who use it for evil. 8) end with Arthur and the knights at the round table and we see Merlin sitting at Arthurs side, dressed in red. Arthur then says this is a new beginning. The ending the writers made was garbage. Every season, Merlin was told to protect Arthur because one day he and Merlin would rule together and bring about change. The bad ending made the whole show pointless. I used to watch this show all of the time, it was fun. I loved this show so much until the ending. Now I'll never watch it again. You can't make a show with so much heart, have a sad and hopeless ending. Bad move writers. This is a family show? All this shows kids is no matter what you do, how hard you try, evil always wins in the end, so why bother. One man can't make a difference. I can't believe the cast agreed to film this horrible ending. I wonder what their feelings are about it.