Merlin

The Sword In The Stone Part 2

Aired Unknown Dec 24, 2011 on BBC

7.6
  • A good episode

After the first half I was a bit worried, it was good, but it didn't really live up to last years first half of the final, but my fears were soon gone after watching this, nad it was a good story, the action was exciting, the acting was beliveable and it had a good plot.

Arthur losing his confindence and needing to draw the sword, was a good idea, as that fits (admitadly quite losesly) to the lengends, its also nice to finally see Arthur wield excalibur, after all, it was made for him, but this first time he has actually seen it.

I'm also glad they finally got Arthur and Gwen married, some think it was rushed, but I liked it, how there love slowly evolved, then hit its peak, only to be destroyed, then mended here, and finally there marriade, just like the lengends.

Admitadly there were some moments, Agrivains death, wasn't that impressive, and the fact that merlin still hasn't told arthur, is starting to bug me, after all, uther's dead, and Arthur even states he doesn't want to lose merlin, so why not tell him.

But still a strong, dinamic and even sad, story, isodle's death, was nicely done, although I sort of wish it hadn't happened, still a good tale, and just the thing to show before Christmas.