Metalocalypse

Girlfriendklok

Aired Sunday 12:30 AM Dec 03, 2006 on Cartoon Network

• I laughed, I cried, I wet my pants!

A fine episode!! This one had me laughing out loud like 5 times, which is amazing for an 11 minute show! Still, you have to feel kind of bad for poor Nathan Explosion this time. In just one episode his girlfriend terrorizes him mercilessly to no end and reduces him to a sniveling little boy in a pink polo shirt, his bandmates beat him over the head with a baseball bat, tie him up, torture him with various painful instruments, and make him literally cry like a baby, with tears falling out his eyes and everything! Actually it was pretty funny! All ends on a happy note though as we get to witness his cruel girlfriend get what's coming to her, which is falling down several flights of hard solid rock stairs and landing herself in a coma. Basically I guess you have to be a tiny bit of a sadist to enjoy this episode, like all others in the series so far, but aren't we all just a little bit sadistic? This one reminds us in very clever and entertaining ways that it's always funny when it happens to someone else. And on a side note, saying it was out of Nathan Explosion's character to essentially be portrayed as the "b*tch" in a relationship is dumb because we never saw how he acted in a relationship prior to this episode. Maybe he's always been the type of guy who comes off as all hardcore on the surface but when it comes to the ladies he just tends to get smacked around. There are millions of guys out there who are like that. I personally think it adds more facets to his character and makes it even funnier to watch.