Metalocalypse

Renovationklok

Aired Sunday 12:30 AM Nov 08, 2009 on Cartoon Network

• Probably the best way to open up Season 3 of Metalocalypse. An episode of suspense, that still holds on to it's humorous side.

((Spoiler Alert, don't read if you don't want spoilers))

I remember season 2's finale. The episode was an episode that had a lot of Metalocalypse fans on the edge of their seats. At least I was. I mean, the Revengencers finally made their move, and it was a critical move. It involved the loss of some valuable Detharmy soldiers, the destruction of Mordhaus, and of course....the possible death of Charles Ofdensen. I heard a lot of fans saying that if they did indeed kill off Ofdensen, they'd stop watching the series.

Well enter Season three.

The episode begins in the past actually. Back to when Dethklok was apparently getting their label. And I gotta say one thing right now....Nathan Explosion looked pretty damn good when he was young. Toki unfortunetally was not around, or if he was he looked like he'd just left Snakes 'N Barrels. But the meeting goes well, aside from Nathan punching the label-head's son in the face. Charles gives the band a warning to start taking some things rather seriously.

If we remember back in season two, the band was horrible at paying attention to what was going on. I mean, it was hilarious, but Ofdensen continuously warned them to start improving their attention span. Nathan failed at governing Florida properly, they wanted money for useless things....like $50 thousand for Doritos, and of course they put off recording their newest album until they were threatened with fan attacks involving nuclear warheads.

Well Ofdensen warned them in the past, and he even asked what they would do if he wasn't around in the future. This triggers flashbacks of Season Two's finale, particularly of Ofdensen being shot in the chest with a crossbow, and getting brutally beaten by the metal-faced assassin. Then enter the words that probably brought dread into every fan's heart.

"Charles Foster Ofdensen - Rest in Peace"

Ouch. So apparently Dethklok's lost their one manager who did stuff right. Due to his loss, Dethklok takes over all managerial things, claiming it's too soon to be hiring a replacement manager. Well that's about the dumbest thing they've decided. I pretty much guessed what was coming up. Their fun. But before that came, they had a little scene that I had to pay respect for. The scene involved Toki lamenting over Ofdensen. Pickles offers what little comfort he can, claiming that admitting sadness made a person gay The scene wasn't very long, in fact it ended with an abrupt scream by Nathan.

This triggers what I thought to be the funniest scene in the episode. The money spent on Mordhaus' new interior. And let me tell you, they put some really outrageous things in their new home. Stuff Ofdensen would have a heart attack over if Dethklok bought it in season 2. The lights are scream activated, Skwisgaar's practice chamber is solid platinum, and Pickles has his own Endangered Species Furniture Room. On top of it all, Murderface transforms their living room into an Arizona sandscape.

Well, when Nathan calculates all the spending, he realizes that they are financially in trouble. Welcome to the real world right? They come to the conclusion that the only way of making all this money back is by succeeding in the most expensive concert ever put on in recorded history (concert tickets: $5000). However, the label-head's son, who swore revenge on Nathan's punching incident has taken over as their label-head. And threatens to pull the plug on the concert if Dethklok doesn't renegotiate a new contract.

Dethklok plays their bluff. And sure enough, as they start the expensive concert, Damian pulls the plug. Nathan, seeing that the band has no choice if it wants to be in the least bit successful, is regretfully about to sign the contract.

Then the guardian angel appears.

Ofdensen himself is alive and well fans! Nathan punches the label-head again, and Dethklok puts on one hell of a show. Now the fans are asking how in the world Ofdensen managed to survive. he has promised us the story when the time comes. As for the Revengencers, whose fate also remained unknown at the end of season 2, their fate is still to be announced. But I'm sure it will all be revealed in good time. All in all, this episode was one of the best I've ever seen in Metalocalypse, and it's the door to a very successful brutal Season three.

10/10