Metalocalypse

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Metalocalypse Fan Reviews (63)

• Wish it would come back!

This show is great. The humor is spot on, it's carefree atmosphere and nature never cease to please me, and it always keeps me roaring with laughter. Sure, it can be graphic at times. But if you're mature enough to watch it without criticizing it /just/ for the violence, then you can easily recognize this show as a fantastic piece of entertainment.
  • One of the better shows on television, Cartoon Network should definitely hold on to this one.

I'd agree with anyone that said this was a good show. I had stumbled upon it late one night and just started cracking up. This show has never let me down in the laughs department, not to mention that it is visually enticing. The basic fact that the band is so obscenely huge and that they get away with everything just adds to the comedy of such a big group having such a low I.Q.
  • I am not a big fan of heavy metal, but I make an exception to Dethklok, they are just brutal and hardcore, and so is this show.

Brendon Small gives Adult Swim another classic show called Metalocalypse. The show is about 5 metal band members named Deathklok, and they are the most brutal and popular band in the world. They are so popular that the world leaders are watching them and plan to destroy them. The show has stories that are excellent and are funny. In each episode we see Dethklok try to integrate into society or try to do something new, but the results are always the same, they mess up and do funny stuff. All the humor is usually dry, but it's executed perfectly that will make you laugh, even if you aren't a fan of dry humor. The artwork is dark an has originality to it. The animation flows smoothly but it does seem stiff from time to time. The characters are all entertaining and will bring their own humor to the show. The music parts of the show are very entertaining to watch and the songs are very catchy and will have you headbanging in no time. Overall, Metalocalypse is a very entertaining TV show from Adult Swim and an instant classic in my book. Thank you Brendon Smalls for delivering another classic show for Adult Swim.
  • great show and one of the best deathmetal bands outthere

this show is made with a specific audience in mind,that being metalheads.which is quite rare since most shows will tend to go for a wide audience.in doing this the creators were able to create a cartoon completely catered to the metalfans.

and its is a great relief that a cartoon about metal is made by people who are into metal themselves,this way we dont have to deal with crappy music they try to pass off as metal and genres completely mixed up.

having 2 albums out and a 3th in the making,dethklok has been received as one of the best deathmetal bands in recent years.

deathmetal is all about blood & gore so its quite fitting there's lots of it in metalocalypse.

the show is also full of bandreferences.

if your into metal you will love this show.if not,then move on,there's nothing for you here.
  • Simply amazing.

This show is made for the people who used to watch Beavis and Butt-Head back in the 90's because it was more real than The Real World, when those were the only two shows on MTV (aside from the actual music videos). There are an incredible amount of references to death AND black metal in this show, which would be left unnoticed to non-metalheads...and most of these references are simply hilarious. For example, when Nathan Explosion had to find a job because the band no longer existed, he worked at Dimmu Burger...a reference to the mispronunciation of the (arguably) most popular black metal band from Norway, Dimmu Borgir. Other references are also visual, where some stores have the name of bands in the names of said stores on the signs. Subtleties such as these make the show interesting, as does the voices from real band members. All in all, I would recommend this show to anybody that listens to (at the minimum) rock, even if they don't listen to metal, or death metal...but I wouldn't recommend it to the girls who listen to just pop, rap, or country.
  • This show appeals to musicians, and people who like comedy. Many jokes will go over the heads of non-musicians and family guy fans. The best music related comedy show since Tenacious D.

This show comes in at number four after The Simpsons, South Park, and KOTH. You must have some sort of background or knowledge of music and metal to appreciate this show. Showcasing characters like Dr. Roxo (representing David Lee Roth) who want nothing more than to tell everyone, "My name is Dr. Roxo, the rock n roll clown, I do cocaine!!" The entire band is hard-headed about music, everything must be "brutal." Though they are the most popular thing on the planet, (in the show) but their manager can barely get them into the studio to start on a new album. The band being more concerned about cell phones, merchandise, drugs, and drinking. Never worried about their self-destructive fans who will literally kill themselves if they think it will bring them closer to the band. In one episode the band is complaining about their "summer colds," while visiting horribly disfigured fans in the hospital. (the fans being injured by a bombing of a band sponsored coffee shop) And then complaining about it. This show contains references to all things music, without resorting to the, "remember the time I..." tactics of shows like Family Guy. The humor is often dry, and right on the money. I hope that before the show is over they are able to make a full length movie. I can't accurately describe the genious of this show, you must watch it.
  • This show is great for those who are fans of metal and for those who are not.

Nathan Explosion, Toki Wartooth, Skwisgaar Skwigelf, William Murderface and Pickles the drummer, are the members of the most brutal band in the world, DETHKLOK. This show is about their adventures of living the life of rock gods. Granted they aren't the smartest group of people, but that is why they have their manager/bodyguard Charles Ofdensen, who knows that Dethklok is his bread and butter and will do anything to stop anyone who tries to endanger their lives. Which come in danger quite often.
    The bands' pure ignorance is what makes the show delightful, proving that just because you're rich and famous doesn't mean that you can comprehend what a charitable contribution is (its not adobting a kid), and that you can't always successfully cross into another art, such as acting (try to get your hands on a copy of Blood Ocean and you'll see). All in all, great show. After watching three episodes it quickly became a favorite for me, and after I bought the first season on dvd it became a favorite for most of my friends, and most hate deathmetal!
  • I'm a huge Metalocalypse fan now. It is a great show and whoever disagrees should be sent to a work camp.

Until the first season finale, I hated Metalocalypse. I judged it by the first episode (which, compared to the other episodes of either season, wasn't that funny or good) and I was wrong. I (along with probably all Metalocalypse fans) am happy that it has been renewed for a third season but, at the same time, sad because given the second season finale's events and dialogue (at one point, Mr. Selatcia says "the time is near", which is usually said whenever a series is nearing its end), I doubt it will make it to a fourth season. Hopefully it will, but it seems to me that it's about as likely as Lil' Bush getting a third season. FIN
  • Metalocalypse...what a show...

In Metalocalypse, the band known as Dethklok is sweeping the world with their heavy metal. The thing about the band members is that they are complete morons. They couldn't even spell their band's name right...it makes it funny though, and there is one watermark of the series: death. People die in every episode in brutal ways usually. Half of the time the cause is Dethklok's stupidity. For instance, they wanted to make coffee "metal". So, they brew it in an inactive volcano. Well, it causes an eruption, and a mass death occurs from the coffee melting people. Well, there you have it.
  • The most BRUTAL show ever!

Metalocalypse follows the exploits of the band, Dethklok. Even though the episodes are only about 11 mins long, they seem longer.
    The band has 5 memebers, each with their own personalities and habbits, such as alcohol and drug use as well as a love of anything violent or 'Brutal!'. Usually, if the guys try something new, it goes terribly wrong, and hillarity enusues as they try to do simple things like food shopping or raising an adopted kid- basically, they try to do lots of different things during the serise, which either end in disaster or the death of their fans. This show is one to watch, just because it is so funny and origonal.
  • The most hardcore show EVER!!!

This has got to be one of the best shows ever. I'm into this type of music too. Heavy metal, death metal, black metal, all that kinds of stuff. But Dethklok brings a new meaning to metal, and brutality. I love this show and their songs and this is like one of the funniest shows ever. I never get bored of this show because it is so hardcore! The guitarists kick ass, so does William Murderface the bassist. Pickles is pretty cool and Nathan Explosion is my favorite character. I love the way he says "brutal" also and I hope this show never ends because it's the best show to EVER air on Adult Swim.
  • Metalocalypse is the story of the death metal band Dethklok. They are the 12th biggest economy world, and still rising. THe show follows: Skiwsgaar (lead guitar), Toki(guitar), Nathan(vox), Murderface(bass), Pickles(drums).

This is probably the best show on adult swim to date. I can't tell you how many times I quote this show a day, it's just that funny. This show appeals to me a lot, because I'm a huge fan of metal and its sub genres. The best character on the show has to be Murderface. He's hilarious. Brendon Small is amazing at guitar too, he writes all the music for this show. The reason I give this show a 9.9 instead of 10 is because it's only 11 minutes long. A lot of times you just wish there was more of the episode. You should definitely check this show out, it's a must see!
  • "Blacker than the blackest black, times infinity!"-Nathan Explosion, Leader singer

The show follows the lives of the band Dethklok, a metal band that has become the biggest cultural force in the world. Everything they do has global consequences. Though they have immense wealth and influence, they have a very loose grasp on the real world, so even the most mundane tasks (grocery shopping, for instance) become hilarious when they are involved. When I first saw previews for this show, I wanted no parts of it. I finally gave the show a chance and was kicking myself for not watching it sooner. The show is awesome. I have a hard time even picking a favorite character because they are all funny in their own way. The music is great and there is a new song for every episode. The plots are always ridiculous, but very entertaining. I am by no means a metal fan and I am absolutely hooked on this show.
  • Metalocalypse is about 5 men who formed the most popular band in the world, Dethklok. Despite how successful they are as the 12th largest economy in the world, the military, government, etc are trying to destroy the whole band.

This show is possibly the best show I've ever seen. I'd give it an 11, if I could! =) It's a great type of random, the songs are superior, the characters are very different and have great personalities, and there's nothing funnier than this! This is THE big show of the decade. If you dislike this show, you basically don't have humor. It's crazy, fun, and is definitely worth the 10-15 minutes it airs on Adult Swim. In fact, it needs thirty minutes time. This show will make you chuckle, laugh as hard as you can, and make you insane for more Dethklok! Metalocalypse and Dethklok are brutal.
  • This show is about five metal musician who are "DEATHKLOK".There band makes a gross income of that of a small country putting them in 12th place. Where every they go on tour there is mass destruction, and many fans are killed at shows.

For a metal fan like me this has got to be the best show that I've ever watched. the shows are chucked full of inside jokes about metal bands and metal events. The writers of the show seem to try and make the band do every kind of metal but so far the most noticed genera in the show has got to be Black Metal, Sept at the begging of the first series they had some Death Metal jokes. Even if your not a fan of metal you'll like this show because of its off the wall humor, and there's lots of comedic blood. Also there are allot of inside metal jokes that you wouldn't get but the band themselves will make you laugh your ass off. So in short check out this series!
  • So what is EXTREME METAL BAND Dethklok? Well it's the most BRUTAL band ever. It's also the world's 12th largest economy. In METALOCALYPSE'S fictional world, they are the supreme band. They rock, heavy. There are those who think they rock too heavy.

Metalocalypse came to me because of Guitar Hero II. Dethklok's song THUNDERHORSE was featured as a playable song on the game. The song was fantastically done. I thought they were actually a real, touring band. The guitar was blindingly fast, the drums were perfectly in synch, and the vocals were dark and heavy. Little did I know that they were the star of an Adult Swim show.

So of course I had to watch. I had no idea what to expect from the show in all honesty. But damn, after watching Episode Number One, I was impressed.

Besides the impressive musicianship of the band, the show hosts a new, bold sense of humor. The entire show is a parody of the metal community, whether you realize it or not. And the parody is certainly well done.

Nathan Explosion is the band's ridiculous front man, obsessed with finding the blackest and most brutal sound for the band.

William Murderface is the slightly retarded bassist, famous for using his genitalia for playing the bass. He is a peculiar man who plagued by loneliness and rejection. Pickles is the band's drummer. He was part of a band called "Snakes and Barrles" (An obvious nod to Guns 'N Roses) before joining Dethklok. Interestingly enough, he is more than likely the band's biggest druggie.

Skwissgar Skwigelf is the band's blindingly fast lead guitarist. He claims to have "music dyslexia" (unable to read music) even though he is the fastest guitar player in the world. His hands are reportedly ensured for $10 Billion ($1 Billion for each finger). He is Swedish and barely understandable at times.

Toki Wartooth is the band's rhythm guitar player and the second fastest guitar player in the world. He hails from Norway and has a close bond with Skwissgar. His guitar's pickups were so strong once that he had to be isolated in a chamber at the bottom of the ocean when the band was recording on a submarine. The show, despite being shown on cable TV, is quite violent. E.g., fans of Dethklok have to sign a waiver before attending a concert. In one episode, fans were shown committing suicide because of the delay of the band's CD. In another episode, the Queen of Denmark is shown having a medical melt down because she ingested the icing (mercury) from Murderface's cake. The show is outrageous, hilarious, and very likeable!

10/10
  • Behold! Metalocalypse is a flash animated show that you can catch on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. Think Spinal Tap for the new school of Metal... only far more ridiculous and cranked up to "11" on the Metal scale.

Brendon Small and Tommy Blacha have crafted a gem of an 11 minute flash animated masterpiece comedy show that airs on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim with Metalocalypse, a show that follows the (mis) adventures of Dethklok, a fictitous Scandanavian/American Death Metal band. The show features the voice talent of living legend Mark Hamill, as well as those of the show's creators, all delivered with a ridiculous edge and an overall top-notch feel for the unlikely (yet masterful) pairing of comedy and Metal. The music in the show (the music of Dethklok) is an excellent example of supremely crafted Metal and side-splitting humor; full of Metalhead inside jokes, modern Metal references, vicious guitar riffs, machine gun double-bass drums, thunderous bass, and brutal Death Metal-style vocals. Brendon Small also contributes his Metal guitar mastery to the show, which is actually inhumanly well done. Brendan, as you may or may not know, also contributed his music to his previous show, Home Movies (also on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim), and gave more than a hint of his wonderful musicianship, songwriting prowess, and sharp-as-a-razor Rock & Roll humor. Metalheads, Moshers, Rockers, and modern Metal afficianados take note: Metalocalypse cleverly captures the essence of today's Metal attitude with a brutally funny punch to the face!
  • Metalocalypse is a show that is so far out there it's ridiculus and that's why I love it.

The premise of this show is basically there is huge misunderstanding . A government agency is trying to stop Dethklok from causing an apocolypse, but in reality there just a bunch of guys who through a seris of accidents cause all these problems. The show show 5 ridicusly wealthy guys who abuse there wealth in about every way possable, which is one reason the show is so funny. These 5 band members cause so many problems without even trying to, there popularity is so commanding if they tell a fan to do something no matter how stupid they do it. In the end what makes Metalocalypse so popular is the fact it could never happen and that way people love it.
  • Wow! Im impressed

Look im gona make this short. I HATE MEATAL MUSIC!! HATE IT!
    But I love this show! This show is funny, and i actually like some of the songs and i hate metal I can’t stand metal! This show has great comedy and pretty good music for metal (no offence to metal fans)! If u don’t like metal it doesn’t matter ull love this show! I can’t wait to see more this is the shows adult swim (Cartoon network) NEED! They need show like this! This show is great and unbelievable watch and i don't care if u hate it! Point Blank. Oh and what I mean from the being is has some songs I don’t like but the humor makes up for it!
  • This show got me listening to metal.

This show is great. befor i watch it i hated metal but now metal is one of my favorite kinds of music. the show is also very funny in a dark way. this show is one of my favorites it makes me laugh just at the sheer stupidity of the band members actions and ideas. this show is one of the best show on Adult Swim
  • It took GH2 and three of my friends to get me to watch this. How 'bout you try it after you read this.

As the name describes, Metalocalypse is about an ultra metal band known as DethKlok as they do what normal bands do while the military and other people try to destroy them. A great and original show with good music, good humor, and......Something random always happening. Despite this, it's slowly making a name in this world. So far, one of their songs "Thunder Horse" has already appeared in another form of public entertainment. So, we can already assume that more Metalocalypse merchandise will be available in the future. I'm being serious here, there's gonna be DVDs for sure and maybe a soundtrack too. So let's continue to watch the slow metal end of the world.
  • Death Metal fans, this is the show for you.

I guess you can consider me goth/headbanger since I listen to Heavy Metal and wear black. I'd say this is the BEST show on AdultSwim EVER! Metalocalypse is an AWESOME show! All my friends who are gothic love this show. I even have a shirt of them. Metalocalypse is a great show to watch if you listen to their kind of music. It's great for all the goths and headbangers out there. This show is definately for me. It has a lot of humor, blood, and awesome music. Dethklok is the most famous band ever in the show, but all the band members are retarded. My favorite one is Nathan Explosion, he's dark and tough, but he's the most retarded one. This show is so freakin sweet!
  • Dethklok rules!

Two great things happened in the metal genre in 2006. Lordi won the 2006 Eurovision Song Contest and Adult Swim introduced the world to Dethklok (pronounced "Death Clock").

Dethklok is a five member band composed of Nathan Explosion, William Murderface, Pickles the Drummer, Toki Wartooth, and Skwisgaar Skwigelf. Together they are an unstoppable team of wonton destruction and chaos whose only enemy is a secret organization called "The Tribunal".

Dethklok's death metal is a significant contrast to the horrors of music that made metal look rediculous. One character that occational appears in the series that personifies all that sucked more than rocked is Dr. Rockso, the rock'n'roll clown, who is constantly high on cocaine (and is not shy about telling the world about it), showing his "dangly parts" (also not shy about that), and the untimate tabbo for any metal band: being on eMpTyV, of which Chris Prynoski (producer and director of Metalocalypse and previously Megas XLR) continues his campain of bashing the rival network. (Yay Chris!)

Fans of Beavis and Buthead, Megas XLR, Invader Zim, and all things that doth rock, will undoubtedly love this show.

Now go forth and DIIIIIIEE!!! (Woot!)
  • Metalocalypse is the bestest show. Evah. Period.

When I first heard of Metalocalypse, it was just the summary for the episode "DethTroll". When I read the summary for it, I thought it was the most retarded thing ever. I mean, seriously. A death-metal lullaby?! Anyway, flash forward to about a month ago. My friend tells me how funny it is. He knew that I had a weird sense of humour and told me of the episode when DethKlok killed a guy in a wheelchair. So I decided to watch it. The first episode I watched was the one where they adopt a fat kid and get him neutered. I was greatly disturbed. I skipped the next episode, something I will never forgive myself for, and watched BluesKlok when it came on. This was enough to make me fall in love. So now, I can't go a day without quoting that damn show. What with Skwisgaar, Toki, Murderface, Pickles, and Nathan, how can I not? I think my friends hate me for quoting it so much. Oh well. I figured out that Toki is my favourite character, but it is damned near impossible to decide on my least favourite character! They're just too cool! I'm mad at myself for falling in love with a TV show half-way through a season. This always happens. Now I have to wait until next season. Sadness...But! Adult Swim is having a marathon on New Year's Eve. So...YAY!!!! More Toki and Skwisgaar!

So, all in all, I'm in love with Metalocalypse, I can't wait for the DethKlok album to come out, I will kill myself if I don't get the first season DVD, and this is the bestest show...EVAH!!!
  • Metalocalypse is a winner in my book.

I'm a huge metal fan, and have never been a huge fan of TV overall. The moment I heard about the show over half a year before it aired, I was immediately excited by the idea. Little did I know that by the end of the first season (which was expected to be the last season as well - thankfully not) it would be one of the highest rated (if not THE highest rated) Adult Swim show at the time. This status is well-deserved.

Metalocalypse is about a metal band called "Dethklok", and is the work of Brendon Small and Tommy Blacha. There are 5 members of the band, each having very well defined and unique personalities that we learn more about with each episode. Every episode is around 11 minutes long, but that time is put to use very well in most episodes. Nearly every episode generally involves the following:

- An illuminati style group called "The Tribunal", whose goal is to put an end to Dethklok. Each episode involves them planning a way to do this.

- A song. Most episodes feature a great song played by Dethklok, many of which have hilarious lyrics. Some episodes have songs by other interesting characters/bands we meet through the show.

I wont even try to describe why the show is funny. I will say that you DO NOT have to be a metal fan to enjoy the show, but it certainly helps. There are oodles of references to metal musicians and bands, as well as guest voices done by respected metal musicians. These include Corpsegrinder(Cannibal Corpse), Kirk Hammet and James Hetfield(Metallica), King Diamond(King Diamond, Mercyful Fate), 3 members of Nevermore, and Michael Amott(Arch Enemy. This is great if you like metal, but not crucial.

The band itself is where the show shines. Being half Scandinavian and half american, amusing accents and culture differences are abound. Aside from that, there is a wealth of detail in every character after only 20 short episodes. Even the guest and recurring role characters are hilarious and memorable. I recommend checking out this URL for detailed descriptions of the characters. Make sure to delete the spaces automatically inserted into the link by TV.com.

Metalocalypse is a favorite and I will certainly buy the DVD when it's released.
  • i love metalocalypse i love death metal this show will last forever why some people not like this show

this show is about 6 guys who are part of a band called metalocalypse this show is very funny and dark like the grim adventures of billy and mandy only more mature so overall this show rocks best show ever on adult swim so i give this show a 10.0 out of 10.0
  • Who ever thought of this is a genius

This show is brutal,metal, and funny at the same time.The animation is awesome,pretty good episodes so far,and the music rocks.In my opinion this is the best adult swim orginial show by far.Its a shame though it is only 11 minutes long.Any death metal fan that like cartoons will surely like this show.It is simply brilliant.
  • If my best friend was brutal and hated everything. Finally a show for and about METAL! Dethklok is the most famous metal band in the world and this show follows the darkness. Brutal Show, episodes could be longer though.

This is the best idea! This show is one of the funniest and most awesome shows out there. It's great to have a metal show to look foward to every week. The band is so outlandish its hilarious. The plots are very well written as well, I only wish they would make the episodes longer!
  • I freakin love this show!!!!

Oh my god, this has got to be one of adult swims greatest shows of all time. It has hilarious plots, hilarious comedy, stars a Metal band called Dethklok, and is an overall great show. Metalocalypse is a great show that i would give my highest recomendation to. If you are a fan of comedy shows, adult swim or even just Metal, you have to see this show. Its really dark, but in a really funny way. If you havent seen it yet, go to adultswim.com, go to the fix, and click on whatever episode is featured this week, because you dont know what your missing.
  • OMG! I love this show to death and i dont even like meatal i hate meatal music! But this show i like it i guess because of the sence of humor and i actually like some of the songs on the show! Not again I HATE MEATAL BUT LOVE SOME OF THSE SONGS,and show!!

Look im gona make this short. I HATE MEATAL MUSIC!! HATE IT!
    But i love this show! This show is funny,and i actully like some of the songs and i hate meatal i cant stand meatal! This show has grat comedy and pretty good music for meatal (no offence to meatal fans)! If u dont like meatal it doesnt matter ull love this show! I can twait to see more this is the shows adult swim (Cartoon network) NEED! They need show like this! This show is grat and unbelivable watch and i odnt care if u hate it!Point Blank. Oh and what i eman from the being is htta some songs i dont like but the humor makes up for it!
< 1 2 3