Metalocalypse

Cartoon Network (ended 2013)

Metalocalypse Fan Reviews (63)

• Brendon, what persuaded you to make a show like this?

Basically, I REALLY feel the show is just senseless. For one, they have a name for the show that you can barely announce. Now on one hand, you have what a famous German rock band group made up of 5-6 bachelors that ive together. However, they have a darkside also. The part however that gets me the most is the introduction. How do you want somebody to watch a show when they can't even understand what your saying in the introduction? yes, I gave this show the score it deserves, and Adult Swim needs to get rid of this show and a few other things in the new year also.
  • Boring, not funny, and little story plot.

This show is pretty much for people who likes hardcore rock music. For the rest of us, you'll pretty much hate it. I've watch around five episodes, and none of them ended half-decent. The characters has little emotions and cares only about sponsors and their band. Not only do they lack what all shows requires, it also lacks comedy, which is what it's supposed to be. It's incredibly boring with random plots that takes you to some absurd idea that normally revolves around death. While at some point they have the right idea, they would mess up the entire episode in less than 4 minutes.
  • Rancid bile! Gross characters! Gross animation!

What in the hell was Brendon thinking creating this disgusting piece of crap! Everything about this show is awful, the music is terrible, The animation, in my opinion, is terrible, and most of the time I don't even know whats going on! The opening could give a man a sezure, and every character is stupid and absolutely unlikable. It is really cocky and unintelligent. It is Completely worthless, just people dying and whatnot! To think someone who worked on a masterpiece like "Home Movies" is doing this rancid pile of garbage practically makes me sick to my stomich and throw up!
  • Sometimes being a fan isn't enough.

I love Home Movies; the song is terrific and the plot is great. Metalocalypse however, is nothing but a story plot that revolves around death and some childish jokes. This show is weird. I mean, it's serious, yet it's not. I don't care how great the artwork is (it's dark, which somewhat puts me off), a show is completely based on story plot, or in this case, comedy. It's pretty hard to do a comedy show (wait..exactly what kind of show is this? Certainly not comedy) when you're making fun of death. Death isn't supposed to be funny, and for a show like this, not scary neither. What is up with the governor? Why are they supervising a rock band anyways? Don't they have something way more important to do? I'll be honest, I have seen some episodes and had completely regret watching them all. What they need to work on is the story plots. Being random is one thing, making it interesting is another. I'm sorry Brendon Small, this isn't cutting enough for me. His voice acting was a whole lot better and funnier when he is acting like a kid.
  • I don't mind watching it, but I'd prefer to watch something else, if only something else was on that late.

My main problem with the show, is it's very graphic, even if it is a show on Adult Swim...it's very overly done, I can understand that metal bands might equal black shirts and skulls and stuff, but having peoples faces melt away to show the muscles and tendons? Too much for me...overall I don't mind watching it, it's not a terrible show, it's just WAY overdone with the graphic display...if they didn't have so many faces melting all of the time and didn't have as many graphic scenes, I'd enjoy it much more.

I find Murderface to be quite funny, I don't know the names of any of the other characters though, even the lead singer, who I struggle to understand a word he says, but it's not a bad show. Again, the only problem is how graphic it is...how does anyone think of that stuff?

Definitely should be on Adult Swim when it airs, I would prefer to watch other shows instead, like Robot Chicken, but it's not a show to put down instantly. Just tone down on the graphic scenes and I would be quite pleased overall. Sure as hell beats the Squidbillies...
  • A show that will certainly attract metal fans but may leave others in the dust.

5.5
    To be honest, I guess I don't get this show. Perhaps it's because I can't stand metal. The show seems to poke fun at metal fandom but since I'm not very familiar with the fandom, the show eludes me. I'm not too fond of any of the characters, the style of humor as well as the animation doesn't appeal (and the animation is pretty poor), and the gore really turns me off. I suppose you could say I'm not in it's target audience and that's not untrue. I think Brendon Small is very talented but this show's outcome doesn't leave me wanting more.
  • this show is allright

6.8
    the reson i gave this show a 6.8 because most of the time its very gharific and they play meathel why theres ghariphic parts somtimes like wen they were geting a new gatare player the scean wen his eyas poped out and they played that metal music but most of the time its funny somtimes ed edd n eddy is alot beter than this show but this show is alright well thats my review bye.
  • Everything shall be metal! Blacker than the blackest black times infinity!

Metalocalypse is the epitome of awesomeness. It has humorous, and to the metal fan, it rocks for the references to various metal bands. The show has just completed its first season, and what a season it was! The first 15 episodes were absolutely hilarious. Then episodes 16-19 were a change of pace, but in this case, change was a good thing. Room for more character development and humor. Then the series finale, "The Metalocalypse Has Begun." Many fans, including myself, have called it the greatest episode. It's no lie. It's awesome.

The album and DVD come out this summer. The second season should be out later in 2007. Hopefully it'll knock our pants off!
  • An exelent show about a metal band. It has some vulgar but good comedy involved. The bands antics always provide a laugh.

This show is about a comic metal band who travels the world and plays songs for their seemingly endless amount of fans.Their antics are usually funny and language vulgar. People will follow this band to the ends of their world. The band is always having difficulties due to the Tribunial, interupting their plans because they believe the band is the heart of an ancient Sumarian prophecy that starts the Apocalypse. This show will be enjoy able as long as you enjoy Brandon Small\\\'s humor and Metal music. This show has ended its first season with twenty episodes and around fourty different songs. Metalheads of the world Unite!
  • BLACK, FUNNY, METAL, WOW, I WANT MORE.

As an adult woman who loves heavy metal and cartoons, it truely doesn\'t get any better than this, I want the DVDS now. I fell in love with this cartoon over new years, during the adult swim marathon, it\'s not brillant as in a true original masterpiece because lets face it, us metal heads are kind of moronic, but it is on the verge of becoming something GREAT. I have told all my friends about this and since then, they too have fallen in gay love over this cartoon and we can not wait for the new episodes, or even a repeat of a new years eve marathon?????
  • Metalocalypse is the story of the death metal band Dethklok. They are the 12th biggest economy world, and still rising. THe show follows: Skiwsgaar (lead guitar), Toki(guitar), Nathan(vox), Murderface(bass), Pickles(drums).

This is probably the best show on adult swim to date. I can't tell you how many times I quote this show a day, it's just that funny. This show appeals to me a lot, because I'm a huge fan of metal and its sub genres. The best character on the show has to be Murderface. He's hilarious. Brendon Small is amazing at guitar too, he writes all the music for this show. The reason I give this show a 9.9 instead of 10 is because it's only 11 minutes long. A lot of times you just wish there was more of the episode. You should definitely check this show out, it's a must see!
  • Metalocalypse is about 5 men who formed the most popular band in the world, Dethklok. Despite how successful they are as the 12th largest economy in the world, the military, government, etc are trying to destroy the whole band.

This show is possibly the best show I've ever seen. I'd give it an 11, if I could! =) It's a great type of random, the songs are superior, the characters are very different and have great personalities, and there's nothing funnier than this! This is THE big show of the decade. If you dislike this show, you basically don't have humor. It's crazy, fun, and is definitely worth the 10-15 minutes it airs on Adult Swim. In fact, it needs thirty minutes time. This show will make you chuckle, laugh as hard as you can, and make you insane for more Dethklok! Metalocalypse and Dethklok are brutal.
  • Behold! Metalocalypse is a flash animated show that you can catch on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. Think Spinal Tap for the new school of Metal... only far more ridiculous and cranked up to "11" on the Metal scale.

Brendon Small and Tommy Blacha have crafted a gem of an 11 minute flash animated masterpiece comedy show that airs on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim with Metalocalypse, a show that follows the (mis) adventures of Dethklok, a fictitous Scandanavian/American Death Metal band. The show features the voice talent of living legend Mark Hamill, as well as those of the show's creators, all delivered with a ridiculous edge and an overall top-notch feel for the unlikely (yet masterful) pairing of comedy and Metal. The music in the show (the music of Dethklok) is an excellent example of supremely crafted Metal and side-splitting humor; full of Metalhead inside jokes, modern Metal references, vicious guitar riffs, machine gun double-bass drums, thunderous bass, and brutal Death Metal-style vocals. Brendon Small also contributes his Metal guitar mastery to the show, which is actually inhumanly well done. Brendan, as you may or may not know, also contributed his music to his previous show, Home Movies (also on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim), and gave more than a hint of his wonderful musicianship, songwriting prowess, and sharp-as-a-razor Rock & Roll humor. Metalheads, Moshers, Rockers, and modern Metal afficianados take note: Metalocalypse cleverly captures the essence of today's Metal attitude with a brutally funny punch to the face!
  • Metalocalypse is a show that is so far out there it's ridiculus and that's why I love it.

The premise of this show is basically there is huge misunderstanding . A government agency is trying to stop Dethklok from causing an apocolypse, but in reality there just a bunch of guys who through a seris of accidents cause all these problems. The show show 5 ridicusly wealthy guys who abuse there wealth in about every way possable, which is one reason the show is so funny. These 5 band members cause so many problems without even trying to, there popularity is so commanding if they tell a fan to do something no matter how stupid they do it. In the end what makes Metalocalypse so popular is the fact it could never happen and that way people love it.
  • Metalocalypse is the bestest show. Evah. Period.

When I first heard of Metalocalypse, it was just the summary for the episode "DethTroll". When I read the summary for it, I thought it was the most retarded thing ever. I mean, seriously. A death-metal lullaby?! Anyway, flash forward to about a month ago. My friend tells me how funny it is. He knew that I had a weird sense of humour and told me of the episode when DethKlok killed a guy in a wheelchair. So I decided to watch it. The first episode I watched was the one where they adopt a fat kid and get him neutered. I was greatly disturbed. I skipped the next episode, something I will never forgive myself for, and watched BluesKlok when it came on. This was enough to make me fall in love. So now, I can't go a day without quoting that damn show. What with Skwisgaar, Toki, Murderface, Pickles, and Nathan, how can I not? I think my friends hate me for quoting it so much. Oh well. I figured out that Toki is my favourite character, but it is damned near impossible to decide on my least favourite character! They're just too cool! I'm mad at myself for falling in love with a TV show half-way through a season. This always happens. Now I have to wait until next season. Sadness...But! Adult Swim is having a marathon on New Year's Eve. So...YAY!!!! More Toki and Skwisgaar!

So, all in all, I'm in love with Metalocalypse, I can't wait for the DethKlok album to come out, I will kill myself if I don't get the first season DVD, and this is the bestest show...EVAH!!!
  • i love metalocalypse i love death metal this show will last forever why some people not like this show

this show is about 6 guys who are part of a band called metalocalypse this show is very funny and dark like the grim adventures of billy and mandy only more mature so overall this show rocks best show ever on adult swim so i give this show a 10.0 out of 10.0
  • This show is excellent.

I really enjoy the animation in Metalocalypse, it is very skilled, much like the music. This show is hilarious, I love it how the characters have certain...hmm...characteristics. The theme song is very catchy, just like all the music in this show. Metalocalypse is a classic show, I recommend it and if your a fan of metal, you'll love this show. The best part of this show is BY FAR the characters. They are so hilarious. If I was a professional, even in a year I would not be able to create better characters then are displayed on Metalocalypse. I think this is the funniest show on Adult Swim, because every episode is a gem.
  • It finally happens...Spinal Tap gets animated! Metalocalypse is something The Jetsons wishes it could be...a hard-rockin' cartoon.

I am glad that Metalocalypse finally expanded to half-hour length cartoons in its third season. It is irritating to watch stories that are too short and are over even before I can enjoy the art and humor that go into each of the stories. This is actually even more enjoyable than "Beavis & Butt-Head", as you have to understand the intricacies of the music industry to get all the "in" jokes of this series. While I can't afford to own the pre-recorded videos, I record "Metalocalypse" from Adult Swim on my DVR when I possibly can--even at times when I should be in bed.
  • World famous death-metal rock group, Dethklok, is said to fulfill the ancient prophecy and cause the Apocalypse.

There is an ancient prophecy that has fortold that the Apocalypse shall be caused by Dethklok, the richest, most powerful death-metal rock group in the world. A league of government higher ups and religious figure heads track their movements and attempt to release their highly influential hold on the world by sabotaging their concerts, sending spies into their compound, various other actions. This show takes you on a roller coaster ride of diaboliocal adventures that usually end up in fans and bystanders getting either blown up, brutally torn apart, devilishly shredded, dissintegrated, or horribly burned. This gives the perfect release for people who love death-metal and finding funny reasons to kill people.
  • Twisted fantastic journey.

Being a fan of metal, more old school, Death, Napalm Death, Slayer, those types of bands, you have to love a show like this that takes the piss out of METAL (with the horns around METAL). This show is so over the top that the brutality that looks so real, is just unbelievable. Ever thing in this show either it be Clenso the clown and his band, moking the mighty Van Halen, or Snakes 'N' Barrels, aka G'N'R is just so top notch, the only problem I have with this show is that the show gets going and then it ends. I mean if you love music, and love to laugh this show is probably for you, if not, as Toki would say you are ****
  • Metal is a perfect choice for a cartoon and deathklok covers every stereotype of a metal band.

The entire show is a "what if" a metal band was one of the most influential and rich people on earth. It's a great spin with the different leaders like the archbishop or the military general trying to bring the band down but always fail. The show is short but to the point. The plotline is facinating and is never dull. The music track is nothing to joke about and actually has a sliver of credibility even if it is a spoof of the metal industry. Five idiots who made it big with headcrushing noise that keeps 'em coming back
  • A disturbing death metal comedy? Sounds pretty good, and is very funny. I think Adult Swim has broken through the borderline with this one.

The first episode I watched was Dethkomedy, and I watched this show simply because of all the rage, and when people talk about comedy/animation shows, I don't want to be left out. But when I tuned into Metalocalypse, it was a whole new plane of comedy. Disturbing, mortifying, but still containing the funny element in the equation. I wish it was longer, 15 minutes? And Metalocalypse gets a good review just from the fact that they can make a fully involved plot in just a short time. And the characters are well thought out and funny in their own suicidal metal ways, and the voice actors are great. I really want to keep up with this show.
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Death Metal Icons!

DETHKLOK: the greatest band in the history of the world. Their fans will trek to the ends of the earth (literally), and die for their beloved band willingly. Their influence can take an average product to the pinnacle of success. They're also a bunch of idiots.

Metalocalypse, the new television show created by Brendon Small (Home Movies) follows the lives of the members of the most dominant and influential band ever, death metal group Dethklok. In the first episode, they perform a concert live in Antarctica consisting of one song - a jingle for Duncan Hills Coffee. During the course of the performance, hundreds of the band's biggest fans die - and Duncan Hills Coffee becomes not only the greatest name in coffee, it becomes the ONLY name in coffee, completely obliterating all competition. In the same episode, their newest personal chef (in a line of many, all of whom have died horrible deaths) is maimed beyond recognition, forcing them to make dinner for themselves...something they're completely unable to do.

While this show reminds me of Home Movies (dry humor, plenty of silliness), it's almost the opposite side of the coin. Where Home Movies was primarily a silly show about a group of grade school children who made home movies (literally, every episode had some reference to a new amateur movie they were writing/directing/performing) with occasional bursts of heavy metal performed by Dwayne and his garage band, Metalocalypse is a show about a heavy metal/death metal band with frequent bouts of bizarre and just plain silly occurences.

Although only one episode has aired on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block as of this review, I can safely say that I'll be watching this one religiously. The same type of humor that Home Movies delivered is here in equal amounts, delivered by five sullen adults instead of three grade school children. Dry humor and over-the-top ridiculousness blend seamlessly, most notably when they're trying to figure out what a grocery store is called (one believes that it is called a "food library").

Even though the show only clocks in at 15 minutes, it still manages to give a full episode's worth of content. The 15 minute format is becoming more and more prevalent on Adult Swim with original content, and whatever the reason for Metalocalypse's length, it fits the allotted time well. I think it might be just as good in the standard 30 minute format, but I'll take what I can get. My only concern is that whatever metaplot that may develop in the show will have to do so very slowly.

This show is the most recent in a slew of original shows to hit Adult Swim, but I personally hold this one above all others (including 12 oz. Mouse, Squidbillies, and Korgoth of Barbaria, all great shows in their own right). I can only hope that they keep this show around for a long time, unlike Small's previous effort.
  • Metalocalypse is hilariously brutal.

Even though I just started watching this show around February-March 2008, It tops my list no matter what. The episodes i've seen so far (and are all my favorites) include: The Curse of Dethklok (on my iPod), Dethwater, Happy Dethday, Dethtroll, Dethkomedy, Dethfam, Performanceklok, Snakes 'n' Barrels, Mordland (on my iPod), Fat Kid At The Dethharmonic, Skwisklok, Murdering Outside the Box & Go Forth and Die. Yes, it's sad, and I want to see the rest of the episodes(including the new episode) but my one and only tv/movies sight is under maintenance. It sucks I know, does someone have a good site for full Metalocalypse episodes? If so, message me about it. Thanks.

I think i'll write a blog about this show to reveal my favorite quotes. Because you know, I have lots.
  • One of the better shows on television, Cartoon Network should definitely hold on to this one.

I'd agree with anyone that said this was a good show. I had stumbled upon it late one night and just started cracking up. This show has never let me down in the laughs department, not to mention that it is visually enticing. The basic fact that the band is so obscenely huge and that they get away with everything just adds to the comedy of such a big group having such a low I.Q.
  • The most BRUTAL show ever!

Metalocalypse follows the exploits of the band, Dethklok. Even though the episodes are only about 11 mins long, they seem longer.
    The band has 5 memebers, each with their own personalities and habbits, such as alcohol and drug use as well as a love of anything violent or 'Brutal!'. Usually, if the guys try something new, it goes terribly wrong, and hillarity enusues as they try to do simple things like food shopping or raising an adopted kid- basically, they try to do lots of different things during the serise, which either end in disaster or the death of their fans. This show is one to watch, just because it is so funny and origonal.
  • The most hardcore show EVER!!!

This has got to be one of the best shows ever. I'm into this type of music too. Heavy metal, death metal, black metal, all that kinds of stuff. But Dethklok brings a new meaning to metal, and brutality. I love this show and their songs and this is like one of the funniest shows ever. I never get bored of this show because it is so hardcore! The guitarists kick ass, so does William Murderface the bassist. Pickles is pretty cool and Nathan Explosion is my favorite character. I love the way he says "brutal" also and I hope this show never ends because it's the best show to EVER air on Adult Swim.
  • This show is about five metal musician who are "DEATHKLOK".There band makes a gross income of that of a small country putting them in 12th place. Where every they go on tour there is mass destruction, and many fans are killed at shows.

For a metal fan like me this has got to be the best show that I've ever watched. the shows are chucked full of inside jokes about metal bands and metal events. The writers of the show seem to try and make the band do every kind of metal but so far the most noticed genera in the show has got to be Black Metal, Sept at the begging of the first series they had some Death Metal jokes. Even if your not a fan of metal you'll like this show because of its off the wall humor, and there's lots of comedic blood. Also there are allot of inside metal jokes that you wouldn't get but the band themselves will make you laugh your ass off. So in short check out this series!
  • So what is EXTREME METAL BAND Dethklok? Well it's the most BRUTAL band ever. It's also the world's 12th largest economy. In METALOCALYPSE'S fictional world, they are the supreme band. They rock, heavy. There are those who think they rock too heavy.

Metalocalypse came to me because of Guitar Hero II. Dethklok's song THUNDERHORSE was featured as a playable song on the game. The song was fantastically done. I thought they were actually a real, touring band. The guitar was blindingly fast, the drums were perfectly in synch, and the vocals were dark and heavy. Little did I know that they were the star of an Adult Swim show.

So of course I had to watch. I had no idea what to expect from the show in all honesty. But damn, after watching Episode Number One, I was impressed.

Besides the impressive musicianship of the band, the show hosts a new, bold sense of humor. The entire show is a parody of the metal community, whether you realize it or not. And the parody is certainly well done.

Nathan Explosion is the band's ridiculous front man, obsessed with finding the blackest and most brutal sound for the band.

William Murderface is the slightly retarded bassist, famous for using his genitalia for playing the bass. He is a peculiar man who plagued by loneliness and rejection. Pickles is the band's drummer. He was part of a band called "Snakes and Barrles" (An obvious nod to Guns 'N Roses) before joining Dethklok. Interestingly enough, he is more than likely the band's biggest druggie.

Skwissgar Skwigelf is the band's blindingly fast lead guitarist. He claims to have "music dyslexia" (unable to read music) even though he is the fastest guitar player in the world. His hands are reportedly ensured for $10 Billion ($1 Billion for each finger). He is Swedish and barely understandable at times.

Toki Wartooth is the band's rhythm guitar player and the second fastest guitar player in the world. He hails from Norway and has a close bond with Skwissgar. His guitar's pickups were so strong once that he had to be isolated in a chamber at the bottom of the ocean when the band was recording on a submarine. The show, despite being shown on cable TV, is quite violent. E.g., fans of Dethklok have to sign a waiver before attending a concert. In one episode, fans were shown committing suicide because of the delay of the band's CD. In another episode, the Queen of Denmark is shown having a medical melt down because she ingested the icing (mercury) from Murderface's cake. The show is outrageous, hilarious, and very likeable!

10/10
  • Wow! Im impressed

Look im gona make this short. I HATE MEATAL MUSIC!! HATE IT!
    But I love this show! This show is funny, and i actually like some of the songs and i hate metal I can’t stand metal! This show has great comedy and pretty good music for metal (no offence to metal fans)! If u don’t like metal it doesn’t matter ull love this show! I can’t wait to see more this is the shows adult swim (Cartoon network) NEED! They need show like this! This show is great and unbelievable watch and i don't care if u hate it! Point Blank. Oh and what I mean from the being is has some songs I don’t like but the humor makes up for it!
< 1 2 3