Miami Vice

The Fix

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 07, 1986 on NBC

• Good insertion of great Sport Characters into the Episode.

Okay, I know what you think: Bill Russell & Bernard King trying to act? How many great Sportsmen have tried and failed?
    I, for one am a big Basketball fan and seeing my idol Bill Russell in one of my favorite shows: Miami Vice is quite special to me.

Bill Russell, one of the Greatest NBA Players of all time, winning 11 Championships with the Boston Celtics in the late 50s and throughout the 60s stars in the role of Judge Ferguson. This role fits him pretty well because of his intelligent play on the court. Judge Ferguson is said to have played Pro Basketball as well which makes him fit into the role even better.

Bernard King, 4 time NBA All Star, playing Matt the son of Judge Ferguson, still playing College basketball. Bernard King however, was already playing his 8th season. Better said: not playing it because of injury. He's not doing much of acting than just playing basketball and being a son.

Judge Ferguson is a gambler and has monetary debt with a criminal who asks him to pay his debt by letting his son's team lose. Crockett and Tubbs find out about that eventually because Judge Ferguson sets the bail bond to a very low amount for a associate of the criminal loaner.

The story is not quite complicated but I love this episode for seeing my idol Bill Russell in action on screen. He's quite a good actor (for a sports-guy) and the story kepts being up to date after the latest betting scandal that shook he NBA which involved NBA referees betting on games they called.

Overall: 9/10

This is my first review. I hope I did okay.