Mickey Mouse Forums

Disney Channel

Mickey Mouse is back on Disney Channel: What Now?

MattNorcross1

[1]Jul 19, 2013
    • level: 6

So Mickey Mouse is back on Disney Channel after years and years of our demand for them to stop focusing on their teenybopper sitcoms and their so-called "Original Movies" also aimed at tweens. And so far, a lot of them are getting good reception. Plus, we have that Get A Horse! short coming from Walt Disney Animation Studios. So with all this in mind, what's next for Mickey? Here are two likely scenarios.

Full half-hour TV series (most likely scenario) - A half-hour series based on the cartoon shorts using Paul Rudish's character designs could possibly be in development if the shorts continue to be successful. Personally, I would love for this to happen, as Disney Channel is (sadly) now known as a teen-oriented network rather than the family network it was originally intended to be.

Traditionally animated Feature Film (least likely scenario, but one I would love to happen) - Imagine the potential a Mickey Mouse feature would have if one was ever made. If it has a good plot and a good story, it would get so much critical acclaim (I'd like to say it would probably have a 95% on Rotten Tomatoes, but I'd be hypothetical if I said that) and box-office success that it would mark the return of hand-drawn animation for good, or al least that's what I'm wishing for. I could imagine the more familiar-looking Fred Moore designs for Mickey and his friends being used for the film itself while the Paul Rudish designs would be used for the end credits sequence.

What do you think is the most likely scenario of the two? Sound off!

Edited on 07/19/2013 4:19pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

StephanieCast2

[3]Jul 24, 2013
    • level: 8

It would be most likely a TV show, and I'd like to see Disney put all of the Disney shorts together in a thirty minute sequence. Especially because in my opinion, the new shorts are really short. And maybe if they do the stupid Mickey Mouse clubhouse would get canceled. If Disney does do a movie maybe they can put some closure on the Epic Mickey series since a lot of people are upset by the fact they'll most likely not make a third game.

MattNorcross1

[4]Jul 25, 2013
    • level: 6

Speaking of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Bill Farmer, the voice of Goofy, says Disney is ending MMCH in 2014.

StephanieCast2

[5]Jul 25, 2013
    • level: 8
    That's good to hear

TsWade2

[6]Jul 28, 2013
    • level: 4

MattNorcross1 wrote:

So Mickey Mouse is back on Disney Channel after years and years of our demand for them to stop focusing on their teenybopper sitcoms and their so-called "Original Movies" also aimed at tweens. And so far, a lot of them are getting good reception. Plus, we have that Get A Horse! short coming from Walt Disney Animation Studios. So with all this in mind, what's next for Mickey? Here are two likely scenarios.

Full half-hour TV series (most likely scenario) - A half-hour series based on the cartoon shorts using Paul Rudish's character designs could possibly be in development if the shorts continue to be successful. Personally, I would love for this to happen, as Disney Channel is (sadly) now known as a teen-oriented network rather than the family network it was originally intended to be.

Traditionally animated Feature Film (least likely scenario, but one I would love to happen) - Imagine the potential a Mickey Mouse feature would have if one was ever made. If it has a good plot and a good story, it would get so much critical acclaim (I'd like to say it would probably have a 95% on Rotten Tomatoes, but I'd be hypothetical if I said that) and box-office success that it would mark the return of hand-drawn animation for good, or al least that's what I'm wishing for. I could imagine the more familiar-looking Fred Moore designs for Mickey and his friends being used for the film itself while the Paul Rudish designs would be used for the end credits sequence.

What do you think is the most likely scenario of the two? Sound off!

Oh goodie! I would love to see that. Also, I'm excited for Wander Over Yonder.Wink