Midori no Hibi

TV Tokyo (ended 2004)

Midori no Hibi Fan Reviews (8)

• Seiji has been single ever since he could remember. Being the biggest and toughest bully has it's price. One day he wakes up with a girl as his " Devil Right Hand " and from that point on he knew his life has changed!

One of the silliest and cute anime series out there.

Although most of the show is pretty fun, a lot of the good stuff has been left out from the Manga. They focused a lot more on stories involving Midori, Seiji & Ayase in this animated series. However,the plot of the show is less hilarious since it's missing so many fun characters and stories from the manga.

They did stick with the basic stories and what happened from the manga but I would have liked if they featured more of Kota-Kun & Shuichi.

If you are looking for something lighthearted, funny, cute and touching, this is the series for you!
  • He has WHAT for a right hand?

This is my first review, so it might not be that great. With that said here we go. This is a cute and strange show. At first I wasn't sure how the story would get past a few episodes, but Midori's willpower to stay with Seiji was strong. Although I can see why it was only 13 episodes . With Midori's mother and all the problems that Seiji ran into daily, how could they keep the show going? Some shows are better short. I think this is one of those shows. I do recommend this show, with it's many funny moments it will have you laughing a lot.
  • A delinquent known as Seiji was notorius for getting into fights, he was particularly famous for having the Devil's right hand. Then all that was changed overnight literaly. One morning as he woke up to find a girl named Midori had become his right hand.

Well coincidentally Midori has had a crush on Seiji for quite a while but was never able to work up the courage to confess. Well needless to say, having a girl for a right hand changed his life around, he went from a punk that skipped school and all the girls hated him (he had 20 straight dumps as a matter of fact), to a nice chivelrous(spelling?) guy, regularly attending school and even won the heart of a cold hearted girl at school. So on top of that, the main story is about how Seijis' life is effected by having a girl for a right hand, and a secondary plot was them trying to keep it a secret from the rest of the world. There are 3 things wrong with this show: one; not enough episodes even though the ending leaves little to the imagination and even has a happy ending, there are still only 13 episodes which just seems a little lacking to me. Two; too much senseless yelling when one or both gets excited. Three; A girl for a right hand!? first how do you hide that without it being completely obvious, second, an anime based off of a girl for a right hand!? This turned out to be a very good anime despite the number of dirty jokes I could think of by having a girl for a right hand... And truth be told, even though it had a happy ending, I would have prefered Seiji ending up with the other girl rather than Midori. But alls well that ends well.
  • A delinquent known as Seiji was notorius for getting into fights, he was particularly famous for having "the Devil's right hand". Then all that was changed overnight literaly one morning as he woke up to find a girl named Midori had become his right hand.

Well coincidentally Midori has had a crush on Seiji for quite a while but was never able to work up the courage to confess. Well needless to say, having a girl for a right hand changed his life around, he went from a punk that skipped school and all the girls hated him (he had 20 straight dumps as a matter of fact), to a nice chivelrous(spelling?) guy, regularly attending school and even won the heart of a cold hearted girl at school. So on top of that, the main story is about how Seijis' life is effected by having a girl for a right hand, and a secondary plot was them trying to keep it a secret from the rest of the world. There are 3 things wrong with this show: one; not enough episodes even though the ending leaves little to the imagination and even has a happy ending, there are still only 13 episodes which just seems a little lacking to me. Two; too much senseless yelling when one or both gets excited. Three; A girl for a right hand!? first how do you hide that without it being completely obvious, second, an anime based off of a girl for a right hand!? welleverything despite how I like it tied together pretty well and is now one of my more favorite animes...... Happy Viewing!....
  • i like this show... its really funny and sweet!

ok when i first saw the commercial i thought it was pretty stupid... i mean a boy having a girl for his right hand?!?! i thought it was pretty weird also... but then when i watched it i fell in love with the story right away... i really find the story sweet... it made me realize that if you like someone you should tell them... because nothing would happen if you didn't... hahah! look who's talking... i cant do that! but anyway, for me it was a little short it would have been better with more episodes...
  • A bully who is rejected by girls who won't go out with him.One day after getting really mad,he finds that his 'demon right hand' is no longer his weapon,but a girl who always had a crush on him.Both don't know how this came to be,but somehow enjoy it.

Characters-There weren't much people in this show,but it still was complete.What I really like about the characters were that they were so real...unlike other animes that say that they're superheroes or whatever...these characters in Midori No Hibi made sense.

Setting-The setting was perfect.High school,homes,stores.It
    was just right for this kind of story.I liked how it had the regular city setting with your everyday things.

Story-I think the story was great...I mean,whoever thought of this was a genius.Brilliant.It was good because even though it did have unrealistic things in it,it didn't exxagerate a lot like most animes.It had a nice twist to it.

Overall:Midori No Hibi was pretty good.It had the right ingredients for making a perfect anime story.The 2 points that I left out was becuase of the unreal thing.
  • Sawamura wakes up with Midori (a girl whose had a crush on him since middle school) as his right hand.

\\\"Midori no Hibi\\\" has two major flaws - it does not meet the expectations of the manga, and it\\\'s far too short. I would\\\'ve liked to see more adventures with Midori and Sawamura, but it just never happened. The series briefly touched on the manga, leaving out some pretty cool characters that I really wanted to see in there. 13 episodes just didn\\\'t do it justice.

Aside from that, I have to say the show is pretty funny. There\\\'s everything you\\\'d expect in a teenage comedy anime - sexual humor and funny romantic struggles.

The characters are typical for an anime, so don\\\'t expect much.

The really major strength of the series is the idea that Midori wakes up as Sawamura\\\'s right hand. It\\\'s completely original and gets them into pretty chaotic and hilarious situations.

The drama/romance part of the series was toned down, and it became less pronounced than in the manga. Nevertheless, it briefly touches on the manga\\\'s strengths. I don\\\'t believe it was as sad or as heartwrenching as the manga will ever be, but at least they did it to a certain extent and remembered to capture the romantic essence of the series.

In the end, I really do like this anime. It could\\\'ve been better, but it was pretty enjoyable.
  • An odd idea

Out of all the anime I have watched this is the strangest idea I've seen. They could have made some really bad/gross jokes with this series but they didnt get to that point which is good. Every episode is entertaining and funny, I even think they could have draged out the idea just a little more which is something I dont often find.