Midsomer Murders

Death and Dreams

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Jan 10, 2003 on ITV

• A very good episode where we meet Dr. Jane Moore, an old flame of Tom Barnaby's who runs a centre for people with particular types of mental health issues. The end of this one is riveting!

Tom Barnaby runs into his old friend (and, it would appear, old flame) Dr. Jane Moore when he has to investigate a death which at first appears to be a suicide and then begins to look more and more like a murder. Dr. Moore is a caring professional who is a widow raising a son and two daughters alone but also finds the time to help people with problems with her 'care in the community' approach.

When more deaths occur, Tom is completely at a loss to know who is responsible when Dr. Moore's patients and a local band leader all meet their deaths. When Tom himself almost becomes a victim, he realises just in time that a certain three young people are not what they appear to be. The phrase 'have you checked the children' could not be more appropriate than in this episode except in this case, watch out for those kids!

Fantastic viewing, even a little scary in places, which makes it even better.
  • My 2nd favourite episode of Midsomer (after Murder On Saint Malley's Day!)

Butter wouldn't melt in their mouths - or so it seems!

This episode to me was slightly disturbing, and you could tell Barnaby thought so too, how the siblings thought that it was all a game killing people!

I liked Troy's attempt at getting Cully, yet again, but this time he succeded! They shared their first kiss after breaking into a hospital for the mentally ill - very romantic! I felt it was original that Cully found a body for a change - it is rare on Midsomer that a body is found by a character we know.

All-in-all a very good episode - Highly reccomended!

Quotes:

Troy: On mobile libraries Cor, you couldn't do a handbreak turn in one of these things, there'd be books all over the place!
PBS