Midsomer Murders

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Apr 22, 1998 on ITV

7.9
  • Till death ( or prison ) do us part

Till death ( or prison ) do us part

A nice episode of the first season, the characters are drawn carefully and are nice. The story about the mill project and kidnapping is nice. So is the first murder, commited by shoving a car under a truck. The bigger problem is the main plot, the killers are a bit obvious in this episode. Although there is a nice twist at the end.

The other part of the story is nice, especially the storyline with the marihuana. I also like the beginning, with the burying of the pie. A nice twist when they didn't find a body in the garden. The story is sad on some points, the murder of Brenda Buckley is sad, she really couldn't do anything about it. She just accidentally witnessed something. Also the ending, was a bit sad, one murderer got away. I also didn’t like Lesley Vicarage, she just… well, let’s say I’m not her biggest fan…

All with all I like this episode, the murderer isn't that hard to spot but there is plenty of other nice stuff to discover in this one. The motive could have been worked out better.

The title might be a slight spoiler, one perpetrator protects a murderer ( his / her friend ) and confesses to something he / she didn't do. You can call it Faithful unto death... or better: Faithful till you find out you are betrayed by the one you protected. A sad, but much used fact in crime drama's. Only here... I like the way it is used in this episode. If you forget the thin main plot it is a good episode.
PBS