Midsomer Murders

Hidden Depths

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Mar 13, 2005 on ITV

• A really entertaining episode with a script full of all the twists and turns you expect from a well written murder mystery.

Solicitor Nick Turner dies after falling from a roof, right in front of several witnesses, the question is, did he commit suicide or was he murdered? This is what Barnaby and Scott must try to find out as they delve into the dead man's life. They find that Turner had severe financial difficulties and that a feud with fellow lawyer Otto Benham was ongoing as Benham was reportedly spreading rumours that Turner was a swindler.

When the unpleasant Benham is drugged and then pegged down on his own croquet lawn and pelted to death with bottles of wine thrown from a catapult in front of his wheelchair-bound wife, the whole thing becomes even more bizzare? Why was Otto's wife left unharmed and who would go to such elaborate lengths to kill someone? Of course, there is still the question of whether or not the murders of the two solicitors are connected and, if so, why were they killed and by whom?

I really enjoyed this one and found myself almost pleased when the unpleasant Otto was killed. The ending is a very good one and I'm sure you'll find the episode very entertaining.