Midsomer Murders

Murder on St. Malley's Day

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Sep 22, 2002 on ITV

• An excellent episode with some great plot twists and an interesting backdrop of money and sinister societies which keep the story turning over at a fast pace and certainly keep you guessing!

Devington School is where the well-to-do citizens of Midsomer Parva send their sons. The school is well known for a highly competitive annual running race but it's not running races which makes it necessary for Barnaby and Troy to investigate the village and the school, it's a string of murders which could be connected to the school's highly secretive Pudding Club or perhaps the killer is somone from the village who has an unreasonable dislike for the school or someone connected to it. Are the members of the Pudding Club involved or are the deaths just unfortunately connected to them in a coincidental way? Barnaby and Troy have to find out before everyone winds up dead.

Terrific episode, I highly recommend that you watch it, you won't be sorry that you did.
  • Hand’s down the best episode of Midsomer ever!

What can I say? Snuggled right into the center of the series comes the best episode of Midsomer Murders ever! I really enjoyed this and didn’t guess the murderer at all. There were a lot of good twists (the cleaning agent for one) and some funny moments as well (the character of Dudley Carrew for example). Troy’s face when he is told not to walk on the grass in main quad and then sees Marcus Hardew walking on it is classic!

This is a great episode of Midsomer Murders that anyone who calls themselves a Midsomer Murders fan should see! I highly recommend it!