Midsomer Murders

Wednesday 8:00 PM on ITV Premiered Mar 23, 1997 Between Seasons

TheOldBill

Midsomer Murders Fan Reviews (25)

• Barnaby: "Lesson number... 21. Never indicate when making a turn. It keeps the other drivers guessing."

7.7
    Terrific show. I first saw it in London four years ago and have enjoyed it ever since.

I love how minld mannered Barnaby is. If anything phases him, it doesn't last long.

I also enjoyed his banter with Sgt Troy. Of the three different sidekicks Barnaby has had, Troy was the best, because he drew out Barnaby's sense of humor. I haven't seen him that amusing since Troy's departure.

So far Scott is my least favorite of the Sgts. Not sure how they explained his departure, as I've only seen two or three episodes with Jones so far. Jones is good. I like how on the ball he is. This way we don't fall into the rut of Barnaby having to train or reprimand yet another of his partners.

The stories are good, though I tend to prefer episodes where there's a smattering of good, likeable characters. Makes it more interesting to me. If everyone is nasty, then I really don't care who's guilty.