Mighty Ducks

ABC (ended 1997)

SrRui

Mighty Ducks Fan Reviews (14)

• A great classic cartoon, good and fun humor, not the best graphics though :( I still love it!!! :p

I have a site about the AWESOME cartoon show! I love it! The scripts are hilarious and they have a character pulled from every Genre! This show has inspired to start writing my own stories about the MD and I just LOVE this show! It's just to good to be true, it's hard to find humor that's actually FUNNY these days!
  • This was a strange show...

6.7
    It was weird, but not necessarily bad. I like to think that this is what happens when you take Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ducktales, throw in a little bit of Quack Pack, and toss in two or three boullion cubes.
    They're ducks! Mutant ducks from a hockey-loving planet called Puckworld! And they fight these evil dinosaur things and live in Anaheim! It sounds really awful, but it really wasn't that bad once you got past the "They're mutant ducks..." thing.
    It wasn't as dark as Gargoyles, and not as cute as Ducktales, but not a terrible show.
  • About this series

This series has great sound editing.
  • based on the live action moive mighty ducks but these are not your ordianry toothless hockey players they also save the Earth from an evil alien invasion don't belivev me while just watch them in ACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This show was the best show on the planet. I would always watch it on Toon Disney. Heck, I even wrote a movie report about their movie "The Frist-Face-off" I think I got a awsome grade on it. I never care for hockey but this was no ordinary hockey show, like I said in my summary, they also save the Earth from their enimies. so I am begging you Toon Disney please bring back the second best show in the world!!!!! Who knows it might be like another scooby-doo, come back and be popular than ever;)
  • Never saw much of it but looking back on it, I wish I could've seen more.

One of the last few Disney classics I love, the Mighty Ducks never caught me at first. I wasn't into the live action movie which of course had nothing to do with anything in this show. It also looked pretty dark but that's the same reason I now love Gargoyles, Batman: TAS, and the current series of the Ninja Turtles. Because of that, I'll be kicking myself for not watching so much of it. That and the awesome action and fairly good storylines.
    A bunch of mutant ducks from across the galaxy who like hockey and are from a planet named after that sport sounds pretty weird but after watching it, it's like the old school Ninja Turtles gone hockey crazy instead of pizza crazy. As usual, Tony Jay is mesmerizing as the voice of Wraith and Tim Curry was excellent as Dragonus. I mean, other than Gargoyles, this is one of the few Disney shows where the villains look and act quite menacing!
    The interaction the Ducks have with each other is just as good as any hero team, especially back then when most of these shows were done right.
  • Really a great show.

A group of alien humanoid ducks who play hockey come to Earth and not only become an NHL team, but also superheroes. Love this show, been watchin' it since I was eleven, my personal fave ducks would have to be Wildwing, Grin & Duke. I really wish they'd hurry and put it on DVD.
  • A group of ducks from another universe are sent to Earth and fight against an evil overlord and act as a pro hockey team.

I love this show like crazy or I have since two years ago. As a kid I remember seeing the show when I was three but I nevr payed attention though I watched it a lot. Then about two years ago I found an old video which had three episodes on it since I now understood what was going on I couldn't help but fall for the series. I had trouble finding other episodes unti earlier this year when I fund a whole bunch on the internet and I fell in love with the series even more. The series overall was great I don't really like hockey though I did like the real life team because my big bro did. The characters was also good (Duke being my favorite) and the plot and action was both actiony and funny. Well I may be in my teens but MD:TAS will always be my favorite Disney serie and I wish it wasn't cancelled.
  • The Ducks went through several name changes before they appeared on the air. Preliminary sketches had labeled Nosedive as the team leader. Wildwing's jersey number, 00, is officially not allowed for use by NHL players.

i watched the show mighty ducks: animated series growing up.
    any one know where i can download the mighty ducks animated series.
    i liked the vechiles. i wish it was on reruns where i live.
    i watch it on you tube but i want to burn shows to dvd.
    i looked alot of sites trying to find a place where i can get shows. i liked grin (strong as a elephant) not to smart somtimes he was funny. duke and malorey was cool.
    i would like it if disney made a new version of mighty ducks the animated series.
    or re runs of the 90s cartoon
  • Ducks from another Palnet end up on Earth. They love to play hockey and htye have a secret base under their hockey rink we're they gear up to fight bad guys.

Five super hero hockey loving ducks from another planet wind up on Earth. The leader Duke takes quick command not only on the ice, but off the ice as well. He's a natural born leader being the goalie and a true fighter. This is one show that needed more episodes.
  • THE REGRET

My only regret with the Mighty Ducks is that there was only one season. I wish it could continue. It has got to be one of my favorite animations. That pacific cartoon lead me deeper into my love for hockey. Please...PLEASE bring this show back to television and create season two. If that is not possible....please then, put it to dvd.

~Physco_Squirrel~
  • One of my favorite classics.

This was one of my favorite classic shows, it had great action and a great story, Ducks who love to play hockey come to Earth to save it from Dragaunus and his henchmen and it has great action too, and this show also has a great mix of humor in it too as well as a great storyline. I can't believe this show isn't on Disney's Jetix action block, it deserves to be there. If Disney didn't mess with the Toon Disney Channel schedule so much by making the weekend latenight schecdule the same as the weeknight latenight schedule and didn't keep adding Disney Channel originals when they are still airing on regular Disney Channel and if they didn't add the Weekday Bonus Stacks (The worst thing of all in my opinion) Mighty Ducks might still be on the air. I enjoy Jetix because I enjoy action shows and I think Disney should show something for everyone (Classics, new stuff, Comedy, and Action) but really think that this show should have become part of it like how Gargoyles did. Hopefully one day it will come out on DVD. In the mean time, I started a petition to get Disney to create a channel exclusivly for Classic shows owned by The Walt Disney Company and in assossiation with Disney. The petition is called "Make a Disney Channel for Classic Shows". So far only a few classics have been coming out on DVD and I hope this show becomes one of them soon.
  • series review

Conventional but not bad series. Heroes vs villians. Still it could have gone on for at least a second season-although usually series by the third season get pretty tired.
  • It had potential but could`nt deliver it in the end

4.5
    Watching this show, I felt the word "potential" just trying to speak up on how the show could be described but sad for us, it did`nt. One of the main issues is how obsessed the characters are at hockey. It seems unconvincing and even annoying for them to have their whole life orbit around hockey and it makes the show feel less convincing and more lame. The plots in most of the episodes also have the same effect as the failed idea of the show. I felt that the writers kept looking like they had a great idea but they screwed up in a critical part of each episode that set the bar to mediocre like an episode of Sonic X. The show occasionally feels like it`s going in no direction to a conclusion and sometimes it feels like I`m watching a show that has its episodes made on a first draft. The characters are a bit better with them feeling intresting at times but they all feel underdeveloped and the writers could`ve used more time to show us more on the characters. One example is Duke. He used to be a thief and seems like a mysterious person you want to know more about but the show does`nt really explore character development enough to the end and I do feel it`s sad that this is what we ended up with rather than a show that would have been as big as The Simpsons. Epic fail here Disney. Epic fail....
  • Mighy Ducks was animated show that appeared during the disney block back in the 90s. It had an interesting premise. Which kept me interested in a while but in the end I feel this show was one big miss oppurtunity.

As I said this is one big miss oppurtunity. Lets start of with the story. A bunch of freedom fighting ducks from another universe travel to earth to fight a bunch of saurians who want to rule the whole galaxy. The story was quite interesting but I feel they drag it too long. The weakest element of the show I feel was the character development. This show had terrific characters that I wanted to know more about but they never really explored them all. For one season only two characters were explored fully. This show could have terrific but it was not.