Mighty Max

Armageddon Outta Here (2)

Aired Unknown Nov 16, 1994 on

• This was a creative way to bring some closure to the series while bringing more adult things to a kids show.

This was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid. I loved collecting the mighty max action figures. This was the second part of the 2-part series finale type show. It deals with the deaths of Virgil and Norman and ends with a interesting choice for any TV show. Max, through the use of his magic cap, rewinds time to begin anew again at the very first episode. It is an interesting choice, but I like it because it is not a recton as the major character retain their memories. As far as kid's shows go, they rarely have series finales. This one does and it is great.
  • Max faces more of his old enemies and gets Lava Lord to help him face Skull Master after the villain kills Norman and Virgil. Skull Master tries to get the power to control time, but Max messes it up and the whole show starts over.

This was a great doomsday kind of episode where evil is rising up all over the world, and the ancient guardians who've helped Max overcome all of his trials so far actually die trying to prevent the end of the world. This episode showed how evil Skull Master really is, I thought, but did a nice job of showing too that he never had a chance against the Mighty One. The only complaint I have is that Norman thinks his destiny to die at the hands of the spider is immutable. Well what about Pandora's Box? Didn't they learn the old prophecies weren't immutable? All in all though, a stellar wrap up to an awesome series.
  • I have seen very many shows in my lifetime...and none have ended quite like this! Awesome!

This show was a show of my childhood that I would get up early on weekday mornings before school to see. I enjoyed the story line and the characters, the mix of funniness and adventure all in one. I especially liked that this show didn't mind getting its hands dirty...unlike some shows today. When a villian or a hapless victim disappeared, they were really dead. Max wasn't afraid to kill, and Norman was cool in always wanting to fight. The villians were cool for this show as well, not plasticy or holding back. Some of them were really out of their minds, like Dr. Bob and Freako, and some were just plain murderous like Skullmaster. This series finale gripped me. It was creepy seeing Skullmaster wherever they went, and beng chased down all over the world. Then seeing Norman killed, and then Virgil was plain heartbreaking. I felt real dread seeing that the world practically belonged to Skullmaster and there was nothing cap-less Max could do.

Then Max found the strength to do what all heroes would do. He was willing to sacrifice his life to save the world, and he ended up rewinding time to the very beginning, and the show Mighty Max starts all over again with a little deja vu for all characters included!

Everything was awesome, and an excellent end to an excellent series.