Mighty Max

Day of the Cyclops

Aired Unknown Sep 22, 1993 on

• Max and Norman get arrested while in Turkey, and have to escape the ancient Cyclops

It's hard to say what appeals to me about Day of the Cyclops. It isn't exactly profound like Axeman Cometh or the series finale or even Dawn of the Conqueror, nor does it even feature a particularly cool antagonist like Cyberskull Virus or Fly By Night. Nope, just a giant eyeball and a hunchback with an attitude problem. Perhaps it's seeing somebody besides Max and Norman get all the action, although they do get plenty while trying to escape the prison's secret passages. It's filler, it can't be denied, but it's prett darn good filler all at the same time.
  • A great episode.

This is a great episode, it's the only time Max isn't summoned but happens to be in the wrong place at the right time, so we get to the action faster than usual. The music is great in this episode, and some of the visuals, such as the unforgetable Cyclops skelleton, are the best the show has seen. Norman stands out in this episode, getting the best line "I like it!" and getting into some good fights. The interaction between Virgil and Max's mom is intresting, as we never saw Max introduce them. Boy that must have been awkward! The only thing I dont like is the portrayal of the Turkish as all being shouty, big nosed and hateful of forigners. Usualy Mighty Max portrays all people in a positive light, but along with 'Fly by Night' this is one of the worst cases of steryotyping on the show.