Mighty Orbots

ABC (ended 1984)

enervator

Mighty Orbots Fan Reviews (4)

7.3
  • Deserved more respect!

Despite the fact that it ran a measly 13 episodes, Mighty Orbots remains one of my all-time shows. I've always loved the combining robot concept, and these guys did it great. It was great having each Orbot have its own, unique personality, and their combined form was out of this world!

I don't know if it was a bigger crime that this show didn't get a second season or that they never bothered to make a toy for Mighty Orbots. Today they would have released the toy no matter how good or bad the series did, but clearly that wasn't the case back then. Too bad, too, because I'd love to see a Mighty Orbots toy up on the shelf next to my Transformers.

This show deserved better. It had great animation, great characters, and a great storyline. It should have at least had a second season...in fact, as far as I'm concerned that show should still be going on now. It really is a crime that we got such a small taste of what by all rights should be considered one of the classic animated series of our time.