A Mike & Molly Community
Monday 8:00 PM on CBS

ADVENTURE IS... OVERDUE

... Does anything say nail-biting excitement like a librarian? TNT thinks so. The network is oh-so-close to ordering a 10-episode series based on the straight-to-TV film franchise The Librarian. The series of films, which also aired on TNT, is more akin to the Indiana Jones trilogy (I refuse to accept that The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ever happened) than it is to filing things via the Dewey Decimal System; it stars Noah Wylie (Falling Skies) as a dashing hero who collects ancient artifacts for the library-slash-museum he works for. The new series is tentatively called The Librarians and would follow a quartet of regular guys and/or gals with special talents who trot around the globe collecting old trinkets and fighting ancient conspiracies. Wylie will make appearances in the series as the O.G. librarian Flynn Carsen, at least until Falling Skies gets canceled. [TV Line]

BUSINESS TIME

... According to Procera Networks—which tracked internet usage for three different internet providers over President's Day weekend—roughly two percent of Netflix's 44 million subscribers watched the entire second season of House of Cards in two or three days. According to Kaitlin Thomas, a self-proclaimed expert on lots of things, two percent of Netflix's subscribers were smelly, malnourished, sleep deprived, and probably very intolerable by Monday morning. [Variety]

... The Hub is actively trying to get me to pay attention to it and I'm not giving in except I might give in because Sister, Sister reruns will now be airing on the network every weekday from 7pm to 8pm Eastern/4pm to 5pm Pacific, starting Monday, March 3. [The Hub via press release]

... Hey you know that YouTube video posted by Olympic luger Kate Hansen showing a wolf wandering the halls of her Sochi hotel? It was another Jimmy Kimmel prank. The two will discuss it tonight. This isn't the first time Kimmel has fooled a nation. He was also responsible for the flaming twerking girl video that went viral late last year. [Mediaite]

... TLC has picked up Return to Amish, a Breaking Amish spin-off series that will continue to follow the lives of the five men and women of the original series who left their sheltered Amish and Mennonite lifestyle behind o experience the sex, drugs, and roll and roll of New York City. The six hour-long episodes will premiere in June 2014, so make sure to remember to pretend to care unless you really care in which case just remember? [TLC via press release]

... I know a lot of people think of Judd Apatow as a movie guy, but he's not, okay? TV had him first (that might not be accurate), and now he's being honored by the Paley Center for Media, which will present him with the 2014 PaleyFest Icon Award. Apatow's TV work includes The Ben Stiller Show, The Larry Sanders Show, Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared, and Girls, so suck it, movies! He'll receive the award on Monday, March 10 at a celebration that will mark the beginning of the annual PaleyFest celebration[Paley Center for Media via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... Elisha Cuthbert has signed on to star opposite Nick Zano in NBC's new comedy pilot One Big Happy—which, despite having the world "happy" in the title, is not a Happy Endings reunion show (sigh). The pilot tells the story of life-long platonic best friends Lizzy (Cuthbert) and Luke (Zano), who've been trying to have a baby via artificial insemination. Everything's going great and Lizzy gets pregnant... just as Luke meets the love of his life and marries her on a whim. Lizzy's a lesbian, so don't expect there to be an "OMG! I love Josh!" moment, but that doesn't mean she's all that happy with Luke's spontaneous decision. [Deadline]

... Morena Baccarin, who if you're cool is from Homeland, if you're cooler is from Firefly, and if you're the coolest is from V, is joining ABC's medical drama pilot The Warriors. She'll play a woman who's returned from Afghanistan and works at the Walter Reed Military Medical Center. [TV Line]

... Guys!!!!!!! Someone is reading my diary, because Barry Sloane has been cast in a new ABC pilot. I know this doesn't actually mean that Aiden is a goner on Revenge—it's just a pilot, after all—but a girl can dream, right? Anyway, Sloane has joined The Visitors, ABC's attempt to cash in on the rising popularity of science-fiction and fantasy shows. Based on Ray Bradbury's Zero Hour, the drama is a race against the clock to stop an alien threat from destroying Earth. Sloane will play Wes, a former FBI agent who is now working for the Special Projects Division of the Defense department and stumbles upon the news that we're not alone. And that's not even all the casting The Visitors did today: Milo Ventimiglia, a.k.a. Heroes' Peter Petrelli, will play a mysterious man who speaks a strange language and is covered in weird body art and is NOT a vagrant on Venice Beach. [TV Line / TV Line]

... Susan Sarandon is returning to CBS's Mike & Molly later this season as J.C. Small, Molly's favorite author. And this is your friendly reminder that Mike & Molly is still on TV and that Melissa McCarthy won an Emmy for the role. [TV Guide]

... Sarah Ramos is returning to NBC's Parenthood for the Season 5 finale. Ramos portrayed Haddie—Adam and Kristina Braverman's eldest childefor three seasons before the character transitioned to college and dropped off the face of the planet. Okay, she appeared a few times during Kristina's cancer arc in Season 4, but she hasn't been seen since. But none of this tells me when Matt Lauria's Ryan is coming back, so booooo. [TV Line]

... Oh look! News about when Matt Lauria's Ryan is coming back to Parenthood! I take back that booooo. He'll return for the season's penultimate episode and there's also a chance he'll appear in the finale. But that's not all, we'll also meet Ryan's mother, who I feel confident in saying isn't really that great of a person. She drinks heavily and has never really been present in Ryan's life. [TV Line]

... Krysten Ritter, the B--- in Apartment 23 and Jessie Pinkman's druggie girlfriend, is out of this world! Well, she's trying to be. She'll star in Will Ferrell and Adam McKay's NBC comedy pilot Mission Control, about a female astronaut in the space race of the 1960s. It's Anchorman in space, basically. [TV Line

... Greek's Amber Stevens has signed on to star opposite Romany Malco (Weeds) in Kevin Hart's new comedy series Keep It Together. The semi-autobiographical series follows a couple (Malco and an yet-to-be-cast lady person) after they get a divorce. Stevens will play Mircea, Malco's new live-in girlfriend. Hart will also appear in the series, in a recurring role. [Deadline]

... Sherry Stringfield (ER) has joined the cast of Under the Dome for Season 2. She'll play Pauline, "a mysterious woman who may be connected to the origins of the dome." [TV Guide]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/16/2016

Season 6 : Episode 13

Next Episode

AIRS ON 9/26/2016

Season 6 : Episode 14

58 Comments
Comments (58)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Wow, I really did forget that Mike and Molly were still on tv. Thanks for the reminder.
Flag
I'm a fan of The Librarian movies so I hope it goes ahead. The premise that you describe sounds a little like Warehouse 13. But with WH13 wrapping up, I will watch if its done well.
Flag
The Librarian movies are fun so a series should work.
The Visitors sounds interesting.
Elisha Cuthbert playing a lesbian, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flag
Oh my goodness. YES. Give us a librarian adventure show!!!!!
Flag
Noah Wylie is very suited to play the professor/librian part but PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST Falling skiies to be cancel !
Flag
The warriors and the visitors sound good I'll keep and eye out for those and I like the leads already so that's a bonus. I enjoyed the librarian films but it will be interesting if they can translate that into a series a good one, they need to make it different and edgy from what we have now, but fingers crossed with the perfect director and excellent casting they'll pull it off and it will be great tv
Flag
And before WAREHOUSE 13 we viewed 66 episodes of the Canadian RELIC HUNTER. I do hope TNT doesn't stint on budget and quality writing. Could be fun with the right director. Please don't schedule on Monday or Tuesday.
Flag
The Librarian series was cute... a decade ago when it first aired. It was a cross between Indiana Jones and Warehouse 13, but it also looked cheap in spots. Honestly, I think it's the wrong timing to try to get this one to build an audience, I am guessing they are directly trying to capitalize on Warehouse 13 being canceled at the end of its next, shortened season.

Krysten Ritter playing a '60s astronaut... I fear a lot of dippy cliches about dumb, vapid women in that one. She plays that almost too well, and Ferrell and McKay are cheap and hamfisted like that.
Flag
I really don't dislike Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull.
Flag
Guys, there was already a TV series made from the Librarian films (which I love btw). Its called Warehouse 13. And its amazing. But with Sy-Fy refusing to give it any more episodes after the last 6, I'm more then happy to switch my allegiance to another network.
Flag
I'm still a little peeved about warehouse 13s lack of episodes it is a great series a deserves more.
Flag
How do people keep getting into Chesters Mill? Isn't there a dome around it???
Flag
It sounds as though you're assuming that the baserate for Netflix's subscribers being smelly, malnourished, sleep deprived, and probably very intolerable on Monday mornings is approximately 0. Speaking as a Netflix subscriber, I'm skeptical.
Flag
2 - 3 Days for House of Cards? I did it in one sitting you weaklings!
Falling Skies and Under the Dome got picked up for another season? Good for them I suppose.
Flag
Falling Skies will NOT get cancelled
Flag
Damn right it won't.
Flag
The Visitors sounds pretty bad, and casting Aiden is making it sound less attractive, but I LOVE seeing Milo Ventimiglia on my screen. So I may have to check out that pilot if it survives.
Woo for Krysten Ritter! She needs to be on TV all the time.
Flag
Another show based on a mediocre movie.
Flag
Presumably in The Librarian all the characters have to whisper the dialogue? Thank you, I'll
be here all week, remember to tip your waitress...
Flag
Why don't we leave all the joking to the gnome.
Flag
The Visitors doesn't sound half bad, I love me some Krysten Ritter, but Mission Control sounds horrible, The Warriors sounds horrible, possibly because its not a modern retelling of "The Warriors" (1979). And should there really be any new cast members showing up on Under the Dome??? Shouldn't that cast be dwindling? (whether from actors jumping ship to credible work or from character deaths is hardly relevant, right?)
Flag
Silly you, expecting anything remotely resembling logic from Under the Dome. ;-)
Flag
I would have thought that'd be the one indisputable thing about Under the Dome, but yeah, silly me for even thinking that could be a thing either.
Flag
I was wondering what was happening with the Librarian since Curse of the Judas Chalice. I think at one point there was a theatrical movie planned but I guess that never came about.
Flag
I tried to watch the Librarian but it was just too...what's the word? TV movieish? cheap syndicated-style throwaway trash? I dunnknow. All I know is that while the concept was kinda cool, all I could think was it would've been far cooler if I were 12 years old & therefore far less critical of it for simply being at that age. I just simply couldn't enjoy it for what it attempted to be.
TNT can give a series a go, but I won't spend any time to bother looking at it
Flag
Librarian sounds a bit like Relic Hunter but if it airs I'll try it along with The Visitors. Barry Sloane is rather dishy, he's come along way from Holby City!
Flag
you're only coolest if you know Morena Baccarin is from Firefly, V remake wasn't that great. I also remember her in the last season of Stargate SG-1, granted the show wasnt as good after Richard Dean Anderson was no longer a regular, but I have seen worse.
Flag
How can you discount the amazing fun we had with Ben Browder onboard? Having him become the team lead is what actually brought me back to watching SG-1! (Well, that and the overlap of some stories with Atlantis, but hey...)
Flag
Because they wrote his character somewhat stodgy and it was awkward, then they brought back Vala as a main character and the interplay was weird. It wasn't terrible but it didn't mesh as well, it felt tired. I did love me some Stargate: Continuum though.
Flag
Vala Mal Doran FTW!
Flag
I liked Ben Browder in SG1 but loved him in Farscape.
Flag
Well obviously that's not a very fair comparison, Ben Browder was at his absolute best in Farscape, its not like he's just going to top that on the back end of a 10-season series.
Flag
I thought the "Librarian" movies were terrible. The same creative team later came up with "Leverage" which was far better. Now that's over with, but that doesn't mean they have to take a step down.....

Also, "Warehouse 13" is kind of the same concept, taken to its logical extreme (EVERY important object in history has powers! ALL OF THEM!!) but that'll be over too by the time this airs. Opportunists......
Flag
i was feeling nostalgia and was just recently rewatching some Leverage on netflix, loved that show.
Flag
I guess the TNT show is good news for folks that have the Sexy Librarian fantasy.

Wait, what? The coolest know Morena Baccarin from ABC's stultifyingly bad remake of V but only the cool and cooler know her from those other two far superior series? That's not even ironically funny. Harumph.
Flag
If you trudged through V mostly because she is absolutely gorgeous, and for no other reason, I think that makes you about as cool as it gets where Morena Baccarin is concerned.
Flag
She, and in particular her face, was perfect for V. I literally couldn't take my eyes off it when she was on screen. It's a shame the show was so awful. The cast was good enough, but the writing...
Flag
I love "The Librarian" movies far too much for someone of my intelligence. So I cannot but be excited about the possibility of an equally-unashamedly-over-the-top-TV-series set in the same world as them. Full enjoyment without a hint of complex plot.

Also, as absurd as "Under the Dome" was, my TV can always use more Sherry Stringfield. "ER" forever!!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members