Mike & Molly Forums

Monday 9:30 PM on CBSIn Season

Are they real??

tolerance2u

[1]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 8

Are Mike & Molly really in those shapes?

or they get the jobs what pastMonica got in the Friends..??

Another expectative from CBS by the way..Tongue out

Edited on 09/21/2010 7:11am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

txgirl75

[2]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 23
    Melissa Mcarthy (Molly) I heard was pregnant when they filmed the episode. Even on Gilmore Girls she was pretty heavy. They guy that plays Mike was on Yes and he's heavier now then he was on Yes Dear. I don't know if that's his real shape or not.

miss_wierd

[3]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 13

txgirl75 wrote:
    Melissa Mcarthy (Molly) I heard was pregnant when they filmed the episode.

Yeah she said on ET that she was 8 months at the time.

phonzee101

[4]Sep 21, 2010

Once again Chuck Loore you amaze me with some hilarious entertainment. The one liners had me laughing. The one I found the funniest was the himalayas joke Mudflap is funny (Reno Wilson voices him in Revenge of the Fallen).

BundyX75

[5]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 6

Is it bad that I read "Are they real??" and thought this topic was about Victoria's breasts? Anyways, I believe that they are for real.

thatmonkey

[6]Sep 24, 2010
    • level: 10

That guy looks heavier than Yes Dear, but his shape appears real. Old Girl is heavier than The Christina Applegate show, but the pregnacy explains that.

Yes, the sisters chest is real, she is way jiggly and had them bouncing in What About Steve. She'e pretty cute, but borderline Snooki with that hair, makeup and attitude.

tolerance2u

[7]Oct 15, 2010
    • level: 8

thatmonkey wrote:

That guy looks heavier than Yes Dear, but his shape appears real. Old Girl is heavier than The Christina Applegate show, but the pregnacy explains that.

Yes, the sisters chest is real, she is way jiggly and had them bouncing in What About Steve. She'e pretty cute, but borderline Snooki with that hair, makeup and attitude.

I saw 'Mike' on yes, dear today..^^ and yes..he looks much slimmer than 'Mike & Molly'.. thanks anyway ~~

Edited on 10/15/2010 3:33am

Fekul_the_Baby

[8]Mar 7, 2012
    • level: 15
    I remember reading that Wayne Knight of SEINFELD, after he became terribly out of breath while running through a cornfield in one episode, was prompted to see a doctor who advised him to lose weight. Of course, in reality an officer who got that heavy would risk suspension or termination. I realize this show celebrates the plus-sized, but would people really be sore if those actors were to consult a cardiologist and perhaps skinned off, say, 40-50 pounds for health reasons?

drudager

[10]Mar 24, 2012
    tolerance2u wrote:

Are Mike & Molly really in those shapes?

Yes they are. They're in very poor shape. Typical most Americans look nothing like the way they're portrayed in the media. In fact, obesity is one of our country's primary public health concerns, chiefly due to our high fat diet combined with an increasily sedentary lifestyle.

Looking at Fekul's comment, I don't think Mike could actually do his job at that weight.

mrsquinto

[11]Apr 26, 2012
    • level: 9

I saw Billy, who plays Mike, on Conan's show once. He said that due to the show's huge success the creators asked him to lose some weight / get in better shape. He said something like "the show is a hit, they don't want me to die"

here's the clip on YT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ostwd1Zt5pU

EstherSmather

[12]Aug 20, 2012
    • level: 1

what shapes did you want them to be in, squares and triangles? got blinders on do ya?

apytko

[13]Apr 21, 2013
    • level: 10

Yeah, that's their real shapes. I've seen Melissa McCarthy in movies recently like "Brides Maids" and "Identity Thief" and she's got the same shape. Billy Gardell is that real shape, too. Billy Gardell was in that shape but thinner in earlier work, I saw him in that shape when he was doing a standup comedy act from his earlier years on tv and when he did a guest star on "The King of Queens". He was also that shape but a little slimmer on "Yes Dear". He's also been on talk shows like Letterman and The View and he looks the same as he does on the show. I've heard that Billy and Melissa actually wanted to start losing weight but the show kind makes sure that they do that to a minimum because their weight is part of the main focus on the show. In the show, them being overweight is why most people never wanted to have a relationship with them so it seems unlikely that they'll ever get married and have a family but when they meet each other, it seems there could still be hope for them. Them being overweight is also a key factor why they work so hard to accomplish what they want to have, first to have a relationship, then get married and now to have kids.

By the way, I didn't like Billy's character on "Yes Dear" because he played a character that always struck out with women mainly because he was overweight. It was like he would never get a girl. Which is one of the many reasons why I think "Yes Dear" was one of the WORST sitcoms ever made! Billy Gardell is much better on "Mike and Molly". Like a million times better!