Mike & Molly Forums

Monday 9:30 PM on CBSIn Season

Pilot

stui8

[1]Sep 20, 2010
    • level: 30

discuss here. it was a great episode.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

martinema

[2]Sep 20, 2010
    • level: 4

Looks like CBS did it again another great new seriesCool

truthjustice

[3]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 1

This show is putrid. It's crass just for the sake of being crass. The dialogue includes such gems as 'trying to get you laid," and "burn a fat one" and worse. It's also gross. We're treated to a scene where a cop is squatting, relieving himself in a kid's urinal at a school. It's like the worst of bad cable, which uses vulgarity to attract attention because the writers have no skill. Nudity, profanity and drug use are lame substitutes for interesting characters and good writing. This show doesn't have nudity, but it has every other quality associated with cable TV that is not worth watching. Worst of all, it's not funny. I've deleted it from my dvr and I hope it dies a quick death. Shame on CBS for putting this slop into its prime time lineup.

hillsro

[4]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 8
    I was unimpressed, I may stick around for the second episode to see if it gets any better, but so far it is just not that interesting. Unfortunately this is the state of 30 min sitcoms and good ones are a rarity.

txgirl75

[5]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 23
    I Kinda felt like they were being rude about fat people. I don't know I may check it out next week.

kinglink2

[6]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 16

I turned it off after around 5 minutes (start of the overeaters meeting). Sorry, I thought this show would be different but watching the first five minutes all I heard was fat jokes, and puns, as well as self deprecating humor. Maybe it's different to some people because these people are actually obese, but to me it's the same way that tv land has seen people who are overweight (whether it be slightly overweight, pregnant or obese). Nothing new, so I dropped it.

I'd like to hear it gets better in future episodes, but personally, I didn't want to stick around for it.

pretty_sure

[7]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 38

Well I disagree with all but the first 2. I thought this show was fantastic. There fat and they know that there fat so them making fun of it shows that they have a sence of humor about themselves. It would be weirder if everyone pretended that they weren't big.

Second, this show is from the guy who does Two and a Half Men and Big BAng Theory. Did you really think this was going to be a show you can watch with the whole family? Of course its going to be inappropraite.

It was funny. Most of you say you didn't like it because they were to mean to fat people. The stars are big and they dont find it mean. I'm fat and I don't find it mean. I found it relatable.

LAstly, don't be so harsh. They don't have to make TV show and shows like this you get for free. Its like a christmas present. They work hard to make a show that will entertain people, and they did. It was an amazing show, and you who judge it so much I'd like to see any of you go out and film a TV show that is at all watchable. It's not easy to make a sitcom, and I think they did a great job.

miss_wierd

[8]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 13

I actually really liked the pilot! Some great funny one liners! Ouch poor Mike's finger!!! ROFL! It looked awful! ROFL! He finally asks her out at the wrong time but she still says yes. I wonder if the writers are going to eventually get them married and then have children. Or maybe the other way around. I like the pilot so I will keep watching.

Edited on 09/21/2010 11:57am
    Edited 2 total times.

txgirl75

[9]Sep 21, 2010
    kinglink2 wrote:

I turned it off after around 5 minutes (start of the overeaters meeting). Sorry, I thought this show would be different but watching the first five minutes all I heard was fat jokes, and puns, as well as self deprecating humor. Maybe it's different to some people because these people are actually obese, but to me it's the same way that tv land has seen people who are overweight (whether it be slightly overweight, pregnant or obese). Nothing new, so I dropped it.

I'd like to hear it gets better in future episodes, but personally, I didn't want to stick around for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this show is cancelled after a few weeks. Don't really see a winner here.

BundyX75

[10]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 6

It was decent, certainly the weakest of the night. There was quite a lot of fat humour, and that's one of the downsides to the show. The end was nice, but most of the characters didn't click for me. Carl only had one or two funny lines, but the humour was really just average. The story was alright, nothing special, but nothing about this show was anything to great. Favorite line, "Yeah, we're two single guys on a Friday night, let's go get up in some yogurt" ... something like that, it was really the delivery that made it work. I'll be watching to see if it improves, but I probably won't watch season 2 (if it get's one) if it doesn't.

pamhalpert

[11]Sep 21, 2010
    • level: 14
    truthjustice wrote:

This show is putrid. It's crass just for the sake of being crass. The dialogue includes such gems as 'trying to get you laid," and "burn a fat one" and worse. It's also gross. We're treated to a scene where a cop is squatting, relieving himself in a kid's urinal at a school. It's like the worst of bad cable, which uses vulgarity to attract attention because the writers have no skill. Nudity, profanity and drug use are lame substitutes for interesting characters and good writing. This show doesn't have nudity, but it has every other quality associated with cable TV that is not worth watching. Worst of all, it's not funny. I've deleted it from my dvr and I hope it dies a quick death. Shame on CBS for putting this slop into its prime time lineup.

That's a good story Andy Rooney. I see you joined tv.com just for that 1 post. You said you hope it dies a horrible death?. I take it that you decide what's funny for the rest of America, and you are also the moral police. So if you don't like a show, then no one else should watch it either?. I think I will make up my own mind. Good thing there is an on/off switch on the tv.

pamhalpert

[12]Sep 21, 2010
    txgirl75 wrote:
    kinglink2 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if this show is cancelled after a few weeks. Don't really see a winner here.

I wouldn't be surprised either if it was cancelled, but the star of the show (Billy Gardell) used to be on Yes Dear, and he played a fat security guard, and he was great! Billy is actually a big comedian from L.A and he could really make this a hit if they let him use his own material.

Zoolander53

[13]Sep 22, 2010
    • level: 10
    Not to bad, i'll keep watching.

thatmonkey

[14]Sep 24, 2010
    • level: 10

Great "King of Queens" style comedy. Not sold on Swoozie, but rest of the cast was great.

pamhalpert

[15]Sep 24, 2010
    thatmonkey wrote:

Great "King of Queens" style comedy. Not sold on Swoozie, but rest of the cast was great.

Agreed

txgirl75

[16]Sep 27, 2010
    pamhalpert wrote:
    txgirl75 wrote:
    kinglink2 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised either if it was cancelled, but the star of the show (Billy Gardell) used to be on Yes Dear, and he played a fat security guard, and he was great! Billy is actually a big comedian from L.A and he could really make this a hit if they let him use his own material.
    I like the two main Characters they are good. Just the rest of the cast think are being funny but really are being annoying. I liked him on yes dear. and Melissa Mcarthy on sam who and Gilmore girls..

akamidnight

[17]Sep 28, 2010
    BundyX75 wrote:

There was quite a lot of fat humour, and that's one of the downsides to the show.

Errr, hello?... It's a comedy... About an obese couple... Where did you think the humor was going to come from exactly...?

phonzee101

[18]Sep 28, 2010

[QUOTE="phonzee101"]

Once again Chuck Loore you amaze me with some hilarious entertainment. The one liners had me laughing. The one I found the funniest was the himalayas joke Mudflap is funny (Reno Wilson voices him in Revenge of the Fallen).

BundyX75

[19]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 6

akamidnight wrote:
    BundyX75 wrote:

There was quite a lot of fat humour, and that's one of the downsides to the show.
    Errr, hello?... It's a comedy... About an obese couple... Where did you think the humor was going to come from exactly...?

What's your point? I knew there was going to be fat humour but that doesn't mean the show should rely on them. I mean, look at "First Date" (second episode), there was very little fat jokes in this episode (comparatively to the "Pilot"), and "First Date" (in my opinion) was a much better episode.

TvFreak7

[20]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 26
    I agree. the second episode (First Date) was absolutely incredible. The best episode of the CBS Monday Comedy Block that night!

I think everyone who disliked the pilot need to watch the second episode because it felt like a totally different show. The second ep was wayy better!