Mike & Molly Forums

Monday 8:30 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Prime Suspect For Cancellation!

brandon_1994

[1]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 4

I'm sorry to any Mike and Molly fans but it doesn't look like this show will make, not anything i laughed at in the past two episodes maybe the finger in the premiere but that's it. I like Billy Gardell but he looks bigger and also molly. too much fat comments, i think they should let biiy Gardell do his own material he's a funny guy!

But with shows like According to Jim,Joey, and Til Death did not get reviewed well by the viewers and critics, which I thought was funny shows got cancelled, with the level of funny material this show's doing now it doesn't look good!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BundyX75

[2]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 6

brandon_1994 wrote:

I'm sorry to any Mike and Molly fans but it doesn't look like this show will make, not anything i laughed at in the past two episodes maybe the finger in the premiere but that's it. I like Billy Gardell but he looks bigger and also molly. too much fat comments, i think they should let biiy Gardell do his own material he's a funny guy!

But with shows like According to Jim,Joey, and Til Death did not get reviewed well by the viewers and critics, which I thought was funny shows got cancelled, with the level of funny material this show's doing now it doesn't look good!!!

To be fair, there was quite a drop in fat jokes in the second episode.

Wait a second, According To Jim was on for about eight years, and Til Death was around for about four (which is damn good for a live action Fox sitcom). Your argument there is kind of invalid when two-thirds of the shows you've mentioned last a great amount of time.

Finally, just because you don't find the show funny, doesn't mean it's going to get canned. The ratings for Mike & Molly are currently better than both Rules Of Engagment and How I Met Your Mother, so logically those two shows would have to get canned. The pilot scored 12.24 million viewers, and First Date scored 11.12. I personally think it's the worst of the four comedies on monday's but it's ratings are doing great, so right now, it looks good.

brandon_1994

[3]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 4
    i'm usaully not the one to put down a show,it is the first few episodes so the viewers are probably just getting the feel for the show. And according to jim and til death did barely hold on for the second half of both of their series because of their spot in the lineup(not bashing those shows, big fan). Just saying with the lineup for cbs it's a tough network to be in. Not saying it will indefintely be cancelled, just my opinion that it's looking that way,if your a fan of the show and anybody else is. hope it does stay on for at least a season and you never know it might pick up it's past.

pretty_sure

[4]Sep 28, 2010
    • level: 38

Oh My God! This is ridiculous. I am I big person and we do make fun of our selfs we except that we are bigger.

This is a total double standard! When people make fat jokes on other shows it like hahaha that so funny and no one seems to care, but when big people make the jokes about themselves it's mean and self hating it. It's funny. It's a good show. It's funnier then Two and a Half Men and not quit as funny as The Big Bang Theory.

Its a good show so quit picking at it. If you just sit there and judge it of course your going to think it sucks.

HelloStuart

[5]Sep 30, 2010
    • level: 63
    BundyX75 wrote:

Finally, just because you don't find the show funny, doesn't mean it's going to get canned. The ratings for Mike & Molly are currently better than both Rules Of Engagment and How I Met Your Mother, so logically those two shows would have to get canned. The pilot scored 12.24 million viewers, and "First Date" scored 11.12. I personally think it's the worst of the four comedies on Mondays but its ratings are doing great, so right now, it looks good.

Exactly. I hate it when people think Nielsen ratings have something to do with the quality of the show, when it merely serves the purpose of tallying how many people watched by demographic. All programming is subjective.

To add onto what Bundy said, 11.1 million viewers in this day and age is no chump change. If this were 1979 and you only had three or four channels to your disposal, M&M would barely have its head above the water. Nowadays most markets have at least 10 local stations, on top of the 600+ channels on your satellite dish. If CBS can retain at least 10 million for episode #3, M&M will probably be fast-tracked to a full-season pickup.

Ralfberg

[6]Oct 4, 2010
    • level: 13

Ok, what I wanted to say is, that I really like the show (and not because Im fat or I could really relate to people there or smth, no not because of that, but because of the characters, they're funny, I laughed really hard at some jokes and the rest was pretty funny too, also I like the story about Mike and Molly falling in love), and I hope they wont cancel it, yet I really even dont think that they will - one reason could be that the writer is Chuck Lorre, and second that as I understand many people are watching it. So I hope that it wont get cancelled (yea before I started watching the show, I thought that I probably wont like it, that there will be many fat jokes and all that, but it turned completely differently and I am enjoying it (not that I like to laugh at fat people or smth))

miss_wierd

[7]Oct 4, 2010

Oh I hope the show isn't canceled! I like this show so far. I want to watch Mike and Molly's relationship and love grow. Molly's mother and sister are so funny! A lot of funny one liners from everyone.

dmarex

[8]Oct 12, 2010
    • level: 103
    If anything, this show could be canceled due to a fall in ratings. It went from having 12.23 million viewers for the pilot, to 10.76 million last night. While these numbers may be astonishing for some other networks, CBS doesn't think so, especially since that timeslot used to draw a much bigger audience.

therockstop

[9]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 14
    I just watched the latest episode and thought it was the best by far. Mike passing out in the window had me in tears. I hope it makes it because it seems to me it is getting better.

MumpyRaf

[10]Oct 18, 2010
    • level: 1

I like some parts of this show but my problem with it is the lack of chemistry betweenBilly & Melissa. Also, their comedic styles don't work together. Melissa is from the quickerandBilly seems to have a slower. I prefer the faster pace & I love Melissa. Nothing against Billy, just not for me. I actually like him with his partner and the diner/cafe owner but the other two guys seem to pick up the pace. Too bad, I was really looking forward to this show.

knowfirst

[11]Oct 21, 2010
    • level: 5

hate to tell you guys, but today CBS gave it a full season pickup.

12m+ viewers and you thought it would be cancelled? Seriously???!

dmarex

[12]Oct 22, 2010
    • level: 103
    knowfirst wrote:

hate to tell you guys, but today CBS gave it a full season pickup.

12m+ viewers and you thought it would be cancelled? Seriously???!

Yay! Great news.

AustinCatron

[13]Nov 10, 2010
    I really do see this show getting at least a second season. It's averaging about 10.5-11.0 million viewers per episode, which is less than The Big Bang Theory at the same time slot last year, but that show came out of nowhere. It is doing better than Worst Week's ratings at the same time slot two years ago, which averaged 10.0-10.5 per episode. Also, the drop from Two and a Half Men is smaller than Worst Week's, since Two and a Half Men's ratings have dropped too. While two years ago, it had an average of 13.5-15.0 million per episode, it now received 13.0-14.0 million per episode. I would enjoy to see the ratings averaging over 11 million per episode, and I think it is possible for it to get there, but it needs to build a stronger fan base first, which it is doing so each week as every episode seems to be using less and less fat jokes. In fact, last Monday's episode had maybe one or two fat jokes. (When Mike is purchasing the bed.)

twin2kie

[14]Jan 1, 2011
    • level: 2

I disagree with you. I love this show and as a big person, I am not offended by the show at all. This show is great and funny. I hate to even miss one episode.

TEETS54

[15]Jan 12, 2011

If any comedy makes it, it will be MIKE AND MOLLY! I laugh till I cry. It is nice to see a program that isn't centered around skinny people!

williamfowler19

[16]Jan 17, 2011
    Im 350 and love fat jokes....I crack myself up all the time.

drudager

[17]Jan 17, 2012

brandon_1994 wrote:

Well it's obvious your sitcom compass is off-balanced. M&M as as solid as they come when it comes to character development, plot & overall scripts. According to Jim & Til Death were never funny; one died an anonymous death while the other lingered far too long on a much more popular network. Maybe AtJ was so mediocre that everyone deemed it the perfect vehicle for Jim Belushi despite every single failed attempt at television & movies in his career.

Edited on 01/17/2012 3:30am

pamhalpert

[18]Jan 30, 2012
    • level: 14
    drudager wrote:

brandon_1994 wrote:

Well it's obvious your sitcom compass is off-balanced. M&M as as solid as they come when it comes to character development, plot & overall scripts. According to Jim & Til Death were never funny; one died an anonymous death while the other lingered far too long on a much more popular network. Maybe AtJ was so mediocre that everyone deemed it the perfect vehicle for Jim Belushi despite every single failed attempt at television & movies in his career.

This show only has about 8 more years of viability. They should just cancel it now. Screw Those High Ratings!!!