Mike & Molly Forums

Monday 9:30 PM on CBSIn Season

Season 4 Premiere

shelleyzouten

[1]Nov 11, 2013
    • level: 1

Okay so in the Season 3 finale Molly announces that she is pregnant. But in the season four premiere she isn't? Can somebody shed some light for me?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KasenStuff

[2]Nov 12, 2013
    • level: 5
    That's what I came here for, too... Hope we find out! Kind of poor writing not to tell us in the season opener though!

JayJay81

[3]Nov 12, 2013
    • level: 3

Exactly what I was thinking.

In the finale she tells Mike that she's pregnant, and the first episode of the new season she's falling out of windows and drinking alcohol, and nobody mentions the pregnancy again.

Almost seems like the writers forgot their own storyline. Otherwise they would have at least offered an explanation, a miscarriage being the only one I can come up with. That would even have made her meltdown more believable as well.

KevinG87

[4]Nov 12, 2013
    • level: 13
    I thought the same thing as well, I remember her saying something about she couldn't give Mike the kid he wanted and I was thinking whaaaat? did they forget to tell us something?

according to wikipedia, which we all know isn't exactly 100% correct, the show was slightly rebooted with CBS calling it "The New Mike & Molly" and the pregnancy was removed

hairy_gizmo

[5]Nov 13, 2013
    It seems as if someone had decided they can cash in on Melissa mc Carthys characters popularity from the heat and change the Molly character dynamics. I'm not really liking the change in Molly if it's a sort story arc where she's having a crisis then ok otherwise ...

jewel47

[6]Nov 17, 2013

I came looking for the same answer! I know at the end of the season, she announced she was pregnant and then it shows her drinking. Shocking how a show can just gloss over a major plot point and pretend it didn't happen, do they think we have the memories of fish?!

KevinG87

[7]Nov 27, 2013
    • level: 13

jewel47 wrote:

I came looking for the same answer! I know at the end of the season, she announced she was pregnant and then it shows her drinking. Shocking how a show can just gloss over a major plot point and pretend it didn't happen, do they think we have the memories of fish?!

and this past episode, looked like they were back in the room upstairs instead of in the basement, and there was no mention of it.

EDIT: seems like they aired last week and this week out of order, the production codes reflect such, and it explains why they're no longer in the basement.

Edited on 12/04/2013 11:34am