Mike & Molly

Monday 8:30 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 20, 2010 Returning December 8, 2014

neomichel

Mike & Molly Fan Reviews (33)

• The truth kinda takes the fun out

Just a commentary on the times

We watch the TV series Mike and Molly and love it, the series is basically about an over weight couple who are now married and living with her mother (and her boyfriend and sister) as they try to save money, buy a home and start a family. It is a very funny series, it shows their battles with weight, the problems of too many families under a single roof, and their problems with expenses and trying to save money to them being under paid as cops and teachers.

Then came the Chicago teachers strike, the unions say they needed more and more and we learn facts, and you hear what their teachers really made

The median income in America as of 9/12 per the Washington Post is a little over 50,000.00 per year. The problem is, a three year veteran with the Chicago PD makes right at 70,000.00 a year and a school teacher with the Chicago Public Schools makes 74,839.00 for a combined income of about 145,000.00 per year, plus health care.

Now I do not know about you, but when you learn facts about some things it starts to take the humor out, I would love for me and my wife to make 140,000.00 and have paid health care

Pay

Starting salary for Chicago police officers in 2012 was $43,104, increased to $61,530 after one year and an additional increase to $65,016 after 18 months. Promotions to specialized or command positions also increases an officer's base pay. Salaries were supplemented with a $2,920 annual duty availability and an $1,800 annual uniform 8]

Pupil/teacher information