Mike, Lu & Og

Cartoon Network (ended 2000)

TVvuer69

Mike, Lu & Og Fan Reviews (17)

7.9
  • No comment...

3.9
    I think Angelica on the Rugrats was the last of a dying breed. Her name was "Angelica." Yeah, it was "ironic" given her hateful attitude, but at least it was a normal girl name. Every girl featured in a cartoon or television show for children since Angelica has gotten what I like to call the "Mary-Kate and Ashley What Would You Rename Yourself You Stupid 15 Year Old" treatment. When the Olsen Twins stopped being Michelle Tanner they starred in a handful of terrible sitcoms and direct-to-video movies, and in every one of them they picked a new name. On "So Little Time" they were Riley and Chloe. In "Winning London" they were Chloe and Riley. In "When in Rome" Mary-Kate's character was named Charli. In "New York Minute" her name was ROXY. Mary-Kate DESPERATELY wants her name to be an adverb. By the time they were done, teen girls in real life and fiction had only two choices:

1) Have a boys name (Sam, Max, etc.)
    2) Have a name ending in an -ey sound

The Disney Channel is still doing it. Maddie. Keely. Hannah Montana's real name is "Destiny Hope Cyrus," but nope, her stage name and alter ego character's name is "Miley." MILEY? What the f*** are you, a distance runner? The main character on "Mike, Lu, and Og" is Mike, but she's a girl, and her name is "Micheline 'Mike' Mavinsky," gets called "Mikey," and raaaaaaaughhhh. The show features double super reverse racism as a white girl is sent to a tropical island to observe the nutty native tendencies of a bunch of English people who crash landed on an island and are pretending to be savages. If you've never seen it you can catch it on BOOMERANG, the nostalgia network now sending you all the way back to 2002, when cartoons were strange and not suitable for today's audiences.

I think voice actor Nika Frost is trying to kill me. A quick browse of her filmography shows me the:

- she appeared on camera in various TV shows, including The Wayans Bros., Shasta McNasty and The Huntress
    - she voiced a PINK TRICERATOPS in one of the Land Before Time sequels. So now you've got to color code the f***ing dinosaurs so kids can tell them apart.
    - she is sometimes credited as Nika Frost, Nika Futterman Frost, Nike Frost, Nikka Futterman, and Nika, so I guess she has brain damage and can't remember or spell her own name

As a show, Mike Lu and Og isn't the WORST thing the Cartoon Network has produced (I'm not using that as a compliment), but guys, here's some good advice: if while describing the show you have to preface characters with their tendencies (inventor Og, spoiled Lu) or use the phrase "wacky adventures," don't make the show. It's not that hard, Cartoon Network. You don't have to make every show someone wants you to make. If the guy who makes Frisky Dingo shows up and says "I wan show bout d*** and deaths so for laughing," don't go "OH GEE SWELL IDEA" and make Frisky Dingo. Slap him in his f***ing mouth. Beat him to death with a copy of Great Expectations. Do whatever you have to do to maintain standards and effort. Just because a show looks like tha Rugrats doesn't mean it's the Rugrats. Oh, and as an addendum, if anybody ever asks you to make a show with "ALL GROW'D UP" at the end of it, shoot that person and everyone around you! FIN
  • This is one of best classic cartoons.

I saw this show when I was young and I have to say this is actually a great show. This show is about a girl named Mike that is stranded on an island. Mike ends up making friends with people on the island. Mike hangs out with a girl named Lu and a boy named Og. This show was funny and cool but it sucks that it ended so quickly, if only these kind of classic cartoons could come back that would be nice because the cartoons they are making right now suck except for a few. If you want to see this show it's on Boomerang.
  • When this show was still new it was my favorite cartoon and I had to watch it every time it was on. ^^

This show was cute and fun. ^^It was simple, the animation was different, and the humor was simple and funny, but that all made it great!One of the great things about the cartoons on Cartoon Network from around when this show was made was that they were not horribly childish and immature and had original animation and humor.I don't remember any butt jokes from this show which is a VERY good thing considering today's cartoons...I loved this show a lot....and I wish the channel would be smart enough to release the show on DVD considering they could fit the entire series into a small box set.>,> I hope someday this show will get some more credit and some more fans.
    If it doesn't...then I hope a fan someday is in control of releasing Cartoon Network's DVDs ^^
  • Damn, I wish, just wish, that this show would come back on cn. I remember when Cartoon Network was first coming out, so I got up extra early to see Mike, Lu, and Og and their first episode "The Three Amigos" I thought this show was cool.

Mike, Lu, and Og is a show about three kids that are stranded on some island and they have no needs of transportation to get back home. (That's what made the show show so good.) Anyways, I don't remember the episodes clearly or the voicees of the characters clearly in my mind (so sad) Well, at least it's still on Boomerang. What a shame that Cartoon Network had to have their many incredible shows split along two channels, Cartton Network and Boomerang. Mike,Lu, and Og doesn't even fit on the Boomerang channel with all those oldies. Mike, Lu, and Og was like a cartoon-animated way of the show "Lost" haha
  • Right this is my 5 review of cartoon cartoon shows and I say bring them back!!!!!

I can't rember it much as it was only on once a week but a rember a few epsoides I was little when it was on and it was on quite late for me as I was only 7 or 8 and it was on about 9:30 or something but I sometimes got to watch it anyway if it's a cartoon cartoons show then it's good cause I don't like Ben 10 I don't like Johnny Test stuff like that are weirder than Ed's bedroom now last weird Lol anyway to close this review it was an amazing show !!!!
  • This show should be brought back to CN.

Words can't express how much I miss this show. The bigger question is, why was this show cancelled in the first place? Why were a majority of the Cartoon Cartoons cancelled in the first place?! Also, this show should have been given more than just two seasons. If not for a few more seasons, it should have had at least one more season before it ended. Although I like Mike and Og, Lu is my favorite character. She's so mean, yet I find her personality rather funny. I wish I could see this show again. I know it airs on Boomerang, but I don't get that channel. (just my luck) Anyway, like the rest of the Cartoon Cartoons that got cancelled, this show should be brought back, no questions asked.
  • ...........

6.7
    This is a weird and poorly drawned show. This show is about people that lives in a island and all other stuff. Mike was a normal kid that came to the island. Lu thinks that she is the queen of the world and she wants to be treated like that. Og creates lots of stuff like a Tv even if there in a island. Lanslot is actually a turtle taht Lu owned and She wants him to listen to whatever she says. The episodes are kind of good, the plots can be boring, and the charaters I have to say they were really poorly drawned in the show. I really didnt know much about the show but thats all I have to say.
  • This was a very good show and I used to like it we really need more shows like this.

This show was very good and I used to like it alot and I still can't understand why it was cancelled because this was a great show and the story happened to be great and everything that the characters used to do in the island were great like playing exploring and inventing many things in the tribe of the island. I think this show should be brought back into TV because it was great and had many fun things in the story and the show wasn't dissapointing as several shows out there. Even though there are some with higher ratings but this show was one of the most special of them all and was loved by many fans.
  • I love this show! Why did Cartoon Network have to get rid of this show and put on crap like Billy and Mandy and my Gym Partner's a Monkey?????

I love this show. There's something about this show that makes it awesome and really funny. I like Mike, Lu is stuck up but is still funny. I really like Og. It's just funny how he is only almost 7 years old, talks with animals, and that he knows s much about math and science. I really enjoyed yhis show when I was a little kid. And I think that it's also funny how Lu acts like she is in love with Lancelot, her turtle, and then treats him like dirt. I really wish they would bring it back!
  • Pretty good for a show that didn't last long enough

I thought this show was pretty good. Despite the fact that I haven't seen this in years since it doesn't show over here anymore, I still managed to enjoy the humour it had to offer when I was younger. It was a fun series really. Nothing to be taken seriously, so if you needed some entertainment then come here. It isn't as bad as some may say. Animation isn't too important to me at least. As long as it kept up the nice, yet weird plots along with decent humour that'll do for me. I know this isn't one of the most popular shows on Cartoon Network, but it is overlooked too much, and I feel that more people should give it a chance. It is a good series!
  • The very best of Cartoon Network, back in the days of their greatest creativity.

It's difficult to describe what it is about this show that makes it my very favorite original Cartoon Network show ever.
    Perhaps it the the look and feel of the show, which harkens back a bit to tv animation's golden era, the 80's. (Some criticize the "poor animation", not realizing how fitting the look and style was the the characters and the type of stories presented.)

Maybe it is the trio of characters who are so lovably different and unique and play of each other like a classic sitcom. Not to mention the the great supporting characters.

Or maybe it was just the writing and all the adventures the was involved in each episode.

There was also the fact that the show had a very well-pronounced layer of satirical commentary on modern big-city life, as Mike's attempts to bring the "comforts" of the big coty to the island, almsot inevitably comes to disaster (the episode with the high-rise is an excellent example of this).

Really, it's all of these and more. As I said above, this remains my very favorite original Cartoon Network show, surpassing even (by a bit) classic "Dexter's Lab" and "Courage the Cowardly Dog", which were two other great Cartoon Network creations.

It is too bad that this show will not likely be released on DVD, mostly due to its short run and small (but devoted) fan following, but maybe miracle do happen?

Until then, hopefully out there are fans who have recorded episodes, which they can (and will) save for years to come.
  • BRING IT BACK Read the review

CTN took it off when they were still making episodes this was a Asome show its ahead of boomerang its not that old Boomerang is for old show well over all A grate show about some kids and some older guys on an iland it only has a 8.0 rateing becase it doseint come on CTN jut boomerang and most ppl dont get boomerang.... i gave it a 10 for how the show makes you fell whenever it was on i always watched it a GRATE show make complants to CTN if they get 1millon they will show it back on CTN !!!
  • I simple show that hit Cartoon Network silently and disappeared the same way.

It was good and had high points. Animation lacked as it was supposed to, but it never seemed to get exciting. It was just a time waster show. It was a good daily fix. The characters did not go deep in developemtn as for it was to be light and something anyone could pick up and watch, and it did just that. Sadly it was not appealing enough. If they could have redone the show, add more excitement.
  • A great CN classic.

Mike, Lu & Og was an amazing show. Mike is an exchange student from Manhatten and is on an island with natives. She teaches them about who people who live in a city handle things. Meanwhile, she learns about what the natives do. Mike is the girl who wears red. She wants to have something to play with show mostly foes to Og. Lu is a girl who thinks she is royal. Og is native genius. He invents lots of things. This was a classic. It ould be nice to see it again.
  • It wasnt the best show out there but it should have been more appreciated.

6.7
    Mike, Lu and Og first appeared on television with another show, Courage the Cowardly Dog. This was Cartoon Network's 6th Cartoon Cartoon. This show didnt have much episodes due to the fact that fans didnt get humored at all.

I've seen the pilot of the show but have recently forgotten about it. It was quite good for the series. Now, the series had that Classic feel but most fans couldnt get the innovation of the series and Alfred not being able to get the wombat.

I just hoped that the show could have been appreciated more and at least have a Season 3 before the cancellation.
  • bring this classic back!!!

this show is awsome i cannot describ it's greatness in words but i will try okay here goes. This show is absolutly amazing it is original.
    It is truley a classic. So what if the drawing arn't that good ed,edd'n,eddy is a great show but it's drawing are odd. This is one of the all time greatest shows in my opinion and needs to come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mike, Lu and Og. A pioneer Cartoon Cartoon. Despite its' poor storylines, it still seems to spark some interest.

5.5
    The island of Albonquetin is typical of any native island presumably in the West Indes. But because of little activity and few characters, the show is let down by the poor events.

Albonquetin is home to a tribe of vicious turtles, three stupid pirates and a tribe called the Cuzzelwits who make Baldrick look nice!

Besides this, it gives an idea on how people who are adapted to urban life would react when devoid of necessities for which we take for granted.