Millennium

Matryoshka

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Feb 19, 1999 on FOX

• If you think this episode is just a story about a case that occured fifty years ago at a highly-secured research facility, a suicided former-agent and a conspiracy related to that, watch this again.

Clearly, this episode is one of the best of Millennium. But, unlike what you expect, it does not pursue the main story of Millennium - the fight between the good and the evil, the end of the world, and a group of people who want to control, etc.
    If you think this episode is just a story about a case that occured fifty years ago at a highly-secured research facility, a suicided former-agent and a conspiracy related to that, watch this again. Watch between the lines.
    "IT MUST END." It's not just the dead agent's message but also the creators of Millennium's. Humankind made a evil fifty years ago, and now, we are about to make another evil. They tell us, "stop playing god!" This is why I like the series. This is why I like Chris Carter.
    Matryoshka… Now, whenever I hear it or see it, I remind this episode and their message. Of course, "Till Then" became one of my favorite.