Mind of Mencia Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2008)

Funny but doesn't know his facts very well

iamnotanerd

[1]Apr 2, 2007
    • level: 9

In the Movement for Gays is nothing like the movement for blacks, he seems to think comparison is pointing out similarities. It's not. It's pointing out similarities and differences.

In the montage for the season 3 opener, he seemed to think the crazy astronaut with the diaper had californian surfer due hair and just wanted to kill a random women when in reality she had long red hair and wanted to kill some random astronaut.

I know there are other times where he seems to not get his facts right but I can't think of them right now.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nishravi

[2]Apr 2, 2007
    • level: 1
    Man, just shut up. U don't appreciate his jokes, don't listen 2 him. Please..

studog2961

[3]Apr 3, 2007
    • level: 55
    iamnotanerd wrote:

In the montage for the season 3 opener, he seemed to think the crazy astronaut with the diaper had californian surfer due hair and just wanted to kill a random women when in reality she had long red hair and wanted to kill some random astronaut.

I know there are other times where he seems to not get his facts right but I can't think of them right now.

Ummmm, I guess it was just me but I guess I thought that WAS the joke. 

I guess you must have missed the MEMO: but Carlos isn't for everyone...if you don't like him...turn the channel.

Meatwad56

[5]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 4
    nishravi wrote:
    Man, just shut up. U don't appreciate his jokes, don't listen 2 him. Please..

agreed

insomniac360

[6]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 21
    Carlos does make up stupid stuff. One inaccurate thing was That's America B---h! If you're going to use stereotypes, don't make them up. It's gonna look weird and not funny.

studog2961

[7]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 55

insomniac360 wrote:
    Carlos does make up stupid stuff. One inaccurate thing was That's America B---h! If you're going to use stereotypes, don't make them up. It's gonna look weird and not funny.

Can we get an example?

hotchicken324

[8]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 10
    iamnotanerd wrote:

In the Movement for Gays is nothing like the movement for blacks, he seems to think comparison is pointing out similarities. It's not. It's pointing out similarities and differences.

He was showing that they were the same, he was telling the gays that the way they march is not the same as the blacks marched.

iluvjkras

[10]Oct 7, 2007
    • level: 5
    Wow, one instance. I wouldn't be calling him dumb. He was offered to 7th, 8th, and 9th grade because of his high marks. Bottom line: he's funny.

[11]Oct 21, 2007
    You are right in some points, he does need to look over his facts more.

fire_of_chaos

[12]Jan 28, 2008
    iamnotanerd wrote:

In theMovement for Gays is nothing like the movement for blacks, he seems to think comparison is pointing out similarities. It's not. It's pointing out similarities and differences.

In the montage for the season 3 opener, he seemed to think the crazy astronaut with the diaper had californian surfer due hair and just wanted to kill a random women when in reality she had long redhair and wanted to kill some random astronaut.

hey guess what man its a freakin comedy show do u think that he really means most of the stuff he says. im just saying that there jokes and should be taken lightly you know like jokes should.

blackwolf_13

[13]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 12
    I don't remember him saying they were the same... what I remember was that some gays were claiming that the gay rights movement was like the civil rights movement, and then he would show comparisons of the two situations for his joke.

Cesb02

[14]May 20, 2008
    • level: 3
    wow i guy cant give his opinion without fanboys jumping on him. Its a comedy tv show and like anything else people can criticize it... who cares if its a comedy does that mean that nothing can be judged?...

ZionHellsing

[15]Jun 1, 2008
    • level: 8

Lol Cesb you keep beating me to these topics.

Anyway guys he pointed out a legit point of criticism and you jumped all over him. It's not like he's making up stuff for the sake of insulting a comedian.

Still, Mencia isn't funny in the first place.