Mind of Mencia Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2008)

Okay who hates Mind of Mencia or does'nt?

Do you like Carlos rants or do you not?

ultimatehao99

[1]May 27, 2007
    • level: 7

Ever since I joined I never seen the Mind of Mencia forums (not on Tv.com) well... I did see one forum and and it's confusing with one person saying "they like him than the next day they hate him" I want to know once and for all WHO LIKES CARLOS MENCIA OR NOT!

Because between you and me: I love him (not in a gay way), but LIKE his rants and the show.

Edited on 05/27/2007 6:05pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DeeDeeDee-er

[2]May 28, 2007
    • level: 22
    He is hillarious.  So many people claim that he copies former comedias, but it's called INSPIRATION!

Ludacrisfan90

[3]May 31, 2007
    • level: 3
    I know. Its dee dee dee.

kikindoonoots

[5]Jun 28, 2007
    • level: 33
    I like Carlos

J708

[6]Jul 22, 2007
    • level: 8
    Carlos is the man.

CaKwan

[7]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 2
    He was good at first. But, this season just isn't as good as his old ones.

iluvkyle19

[8]Aug 10, 2007
    • level: 6
    carlos is awesome, he's a comedian who just likes to rant and tell the truth no matter how much it hurts(or how funny it is)

Woodpecker1940

[9]Aug 12, 2007

I don't know he focuses WAY too much on racial sterotypes. It's funny once in a while but he overdoes it sometimes.

iluvkyle19 wrote:
    he's a comedian who just likes to rant and tell the truth no matter how much it hurts(or how funny it is)

Some of it like his Black man in the white house skit is not true. All black people don't act like that(shoot guns, curse at everyone, orarge with spouce in public) and Mencia implies that if you are blackdon't act like thatyou're anUncle Tom.

Edited on 08/12/2007 10:38pm

DungeonDragon18

[10]Aug 19, 2007
    • level: 10
    Woodpecker1940 wrote:

I don't know he focuses WAY too much on racial sterotypes. It's funny once in a while but he overdoes it sometimes.

iluvkyle19 wrote:
    he's a comedian who just likes to rant and tell the truth no matter how much it hurts(or how funny it is)

Some of it like his Black man in the white house skit is not true. All black people don't act like that(shoot guns, curse at everyone, orarge with spouce in public) and Mencia implies that if you are blackdon't act like thatyou're anUncle Tom.

That was the whole point of the skit, that Black people don't act like that. He was showing what he thought racist people were thinking would happen if a black man like Barack Obama was elected president. He never implied that it was true.

Back on topic, I love Carlos Mencia. He's funny, he's usually right, and he makes fun of everybody, so nobody feels left out.

Woodpecker1940

[11]Aug 21, 2007
    DungeonDragon18 wrote:
    Woodpecker1940 wrote:

iluvkyle19 wrote:

That was the whole point of the skit, that Black people don't act like that. He was showing what he thought racist people were thinking would happen if a black man like Barack Obama was elected president. He never implied that it was true.

But he says something like "I know there's an Uncle Tom out there that says only the uneducated black people would act like that". So he IS saying if you don't act like that and get an education you're an Uncle Tom. That's like saying if you a mexican and don't eat tacos, don't but flames on your car, speak fluent english, and don't take a nap im the fetal position wearing a sambraro you are a coconut (a term that's used for latino similar to the way oreo is used for African Americans).

insomniac360

[12]Aug 25, 2007
    • level: 21
    I don't like the sketches(i.e. Punji) that are simply just people standing in line waiting for Carlos to rant about them. And the fact that he prides himself on being controversial when guys like Carlin or Hicks never had to do that.

darkklown

[13]Sep 6, 2007
    • level: 3

I think he is funny and I like his show (like all shows some episodes are better than others). He does do a lot of race jokes and sometimes they're funny but you cant just do the same joke over and over . If he does steal jokes (and I'm not saying he does) maybe he should steal some better ones. I think he can do better the new season hasn't been as great as the first two.

He might do a Chappelle and disappear not to Africa, But to Mexico (FYI he is from Honduras). But I hope not

BellaPassion

[15]Oct 13, 2007
    • level: 5
    carlos is awesome!! he speaks his mind and lets everyone noe wats goin on!?!? wats soo wrong wit that!!?!?

[17]Oct 21, 2007
    • level: 4
    Very funny guy, the people who don't like him are the people who don't like larry the cable guy because they say that they repeat the same jokes over and over again.

Skargoll2005

[18]Oct 22, 2007
    • level: 2
    I like his older material. But I think he has become to predictable. It seems that, in this past season, just about every sketch was "What if a Mexican was...." but that's just me.

MysticDynamite

[19]Nov 20, 2007
    • level: 1

I like certain elements of the show. Some of the skits are neat, but I think his best material lies in his commercial parodies. Those are hilarious. Some of his skits are good, some of them are rehashes of good skits, and some are simply not good at all. I also don't like the frequent appearance of midgets as a side joke.

In general, though, I think he's a decent comedian. Stephen Colbert and Dave Chappelle are better, but he definitely has something.

crazygood06

[20]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 11
    I used to hate him, but now I think that he is halarious.