Mind of Mencia Forums

Comedy Central (ended 2008)

Okay who hates Mind of Mencia or does'nt?

Do you like Carlos rants or do you not?

Sonic80

[21]May 16, 2008
    • level: 8
    Carlos Mencia isn't funny. period.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MysticDynamite

[22]May 17, 2008
    • level: 1
    I don't think Mencia is a great comedian, but he does have his moments. I don't hate him, though; seriously, some of his haters are some of the biggest jerks I've ever met on the web.

HeartBreakKID1

[23]May 17, 2008
    • level: 7
    [/QUOTE]

That was the whole point of the skit, that Black people don't act like that. He was showing what he thought racist people were thinking would happen if a black man like Barack Obama was elected president. He never implied that it was true.

Back on topic, I love Carlos Mencia. He's funny, he's usually right, and he makes fun of everybody, so nobody feels left out.

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. The man is just plain funny, and for the most part, i agree with his views. He's entertaining, and I can't wait until tomorrow's show on Comedy Central.

Cesb02

[24]May 20, 2008
    • level: 3
    I dont find him funny, In a way i feel like his jokes are TOO ethnic, like "hey heres a stereotype....now laugh!!!"...... i dont feel that he digs deeper than that. It also turns me off that he constantly brings up catchphrases, let your fans use it and you move on to something else. I dont hate him, thats too strong of a word but his comedy isnt for me.

ZionHellsing

[25]Jun 1, 2008
    • level: 8
    Cesb02 wrote:
    I dont find him funny, In a way i feel like his jokes are TOO ethnic, like "hey heres a stereotype....now laugh!!!"...... i dont feel that he digs deeper than that. It also turns me off that he constantly brings up catchphrases, let your fans use it and you move on to something else. I dont hate him, thats too strong of a word but his comedy isnt for me.

My thoughts exactly.

I liked one of his original Stand Up shows, but he constantly uses the same jokes but just in different settings. His Dee Dee Dee is annoying in the worst way, his jokes got old since everyone told them back in 6th grade, and he relies on words like "beaner" to make his jokes funny.

Sorry if my opinion angers any fans, but I thought I should share it in this thread.

LlamaE4

[26]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 3
    I Like some of the skits he had on his earlier show but now I rarely find myself laughing...his standup is great but his show totally kills the way i see him. He should stay away from mind of mencia.

escritora84

[27]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 9
    I used to like him at first but after the first or second season, the jokes started getting a little old. I guess I'm more of a Chappelle fan, I don't know...

BaronOne

[28]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 15

I think this sums up my feelings fairly nicely.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1892552