Misfits of Science Forums

NBC (ended 1986)

I loved this show!!!

DrewPesce

[1]Feb 10, 2006
    • level: 2
    Gah! This show was so awesome! I wanted to be Johnny B. He was a such a cool tortured soul. Plus Courtney Cox, straight outta the Bruce Springsteen video. Who woulda thunk...

I will now check to see if there is a DVD...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

metangel

[2]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 3
    Yes, I enjoyed this show too. If I can find a place that converts old Beta tapes (yes it was that long ago. LOL! ) I will have all the episodes. Everytime they say Family Ties was Courtney's tv debut, I yell "Nope she was a Glo Girl first! "

firestepher

[3]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 1
    This show was awesome....in fact it was the HEROES show 80's style. It's too bad it only lastest just a short time. I guess alot of people weren't into that yet. It's funny cuz now alot of people are. I think if they were to bring back the show even in sindication people would watch it.

MCMLXVI

[4]Apr 28, 2007
    • level: 19

metangel wrote:
    Yes, I enjoyed this show too. If I can find a place that converts old Beta tapes (yes it was that long ago. LOL! ) I will have all the episodes. Everytime they say Family Ties was Courtney's tv debut, I yell "Nope she was a Glo Girl first!"
    I miss the mole! When the video focused on Courteney's pretty eyes, we got a good look at it. I vaguely remember the episode identified as "Steer Crazy" and another episode where some people knew the weaknesses of the team {cover Gloria's eyes, Johnny stranded over water}.

PiperPrueLover4

[5]Apr 29, 2007
    • level: 18
    Courteney Cox with telekinesis... was the world ready for that?

Bugmenotin

[6]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 11

I just saw something about this show and started remembering how cool I thought it was when I was like 10 years old.

I looked everywhere, and there is only a very old VHS around in the USA.

But!!!!!!!!

Germany just had the whole series released on DVD. I have a friend helping me order it right now.

Google search for the German e-bay and amazon and you will find it.

Title is Die Spezialisten unterwegs

Parsec54

[7]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 20

Yeah, this show was definitely a good one. Unfortunately I guess most people didn't think so. It's the show that got me liking Courteney Cox to begin with... After Family Ties, I stopped paying any attention to her. Johnny B's powers were great, and I liked Gloria's as well... El's weren't that great, but the actor seemed to be a great guy. It's sad he's been dead now for so long.

The show didn't take itself too seriously, but I just don't think the audience was there. As usual, networks are all too quick to cancel a show instead of letting it find its audience. Most people don't even remember this show anymore, just like the show The 1000 Lives of Black Jack Savage. They both were great shows but too many people thought they were too geeky for regular people I guess. Unfortunately we lost out because of narrow minded people.

mpoorbaugh

[8]Aug 11, 2013
    • level: 1

I Still Love The Show