Misfits of Science

NBC (ended 1986)

Gislef

Misfits of Science Fan Reviews (8)

7.6
  • It Was A Very Cool Show

I Loved The Show When I Was A Teenager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Still Love The Show!!!!!
  • A Super Hero Team Show canceled All too soon.

I liked this show.
    Well, okay, but why?
    Besides the fact that is was fun, and was the first live action superhero team series ever done.
    It was full of potential.
    Hints were dropped about the various origins of characters.
    Who they were.
    Where they came from.
    The pity is, they lacked the time to develop them.
  • Group of freaks make themselves look even freakier by having super powers, ala X-men

I never really watched this show a lot because it was simply put, poorly made. There was no magic or a strenght essence in this show, it was a rather boring and lame Tv show. The only nice thing i liked about this show was the guy with the electricity powers, well that one was a nice super power, the others were just dumb and poorly reproducd on screen. The black guy who could become into a tiny version of himself was not used enough by the team and i find him the character with the best supoer power, well, atleast the most useful one.

A very lame show.
  • A very cool show.

This show revolves around super heroes, its compelling premise is enough to make you want to watch it. The idea of superheroes figuring what to make up with their powers. The use it to solve mysteries, fight crime and protect the neighborhood. I like the fact that the characters work as a team, each character using his ability to help out the other and together solve a problem as a team. This group thinking is explored every week and makes you wonder if they're ever gonna get out of a situation alive. Miraculously they do, this show is fun, you don't have to take it seriously, you just have to enjoy watching it.
  • i thought it was cool back then

7.3
    when this show first came out i thought it was really cool. of course i was only like ten years old so what the hell did i know. i saw a part of an episode about 12 years ago on the sci fi channel and thought it was pretty lame by todays standards.
  • This wasn't exactly brain food, but it was as enjoyable a use of TV time as any other comedy-action show! Nice use of superhuman abilities, plenty of quasi-witty dialogue, and a bit of Marvel angst circa Chris Claremont's X-Men.

The setup of this show could translate to either a comic book of the 1950s or Saturday morning cartoon of the 1970s. It was funny, slightly lame, and didn't run too long. The special effects were very good for the time. There were only 3 superpowered characters (4 if you include the one from the pilot) Definitely beat out a contemporary program, "Manimal."
  • I miss this show. Loved it as a child.

This was one of my favorite things to watch as a child. I had my routine down flat - Friday nights Mom & Dad had date night so they would order a pizza for us kids & the babysitter. Then we would sit down & watch Misfits Of Science, pig out on pizza & then play Atari for an hour or so. Ahhhhhh good times.
  • This was the start of the mutant revolution!

7.6
    This was X-Men for normal people. It was fun and cool for it's time. It was one of my favorite shows as a kid, along with Knight Rider and Airwolf. I had the biggest crush on Courtney Cox as a kid.... The show had those traditional wacky 80's themes and scripts, but it was still cool. It was Mutant X without the training or invisible high tech jet. I'd describe it as a cross between mutant powers of the X-Men, the cheesy plotlines and special effects of Knight Rider, and the odd mix of people from the Breakfast Club. Fin.