Miss Guided Forums

ABC (ended 2008)

Official Discussion: 1x01 (3/18/08) "Homecoming"

EJamison

[1]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 17

Please discuss the pilot episode "Homecoming" here.

Summary: Now that Becky has finally put all her high school insecurities behind, she returns to her alma mater as a guidance counselor. However, she soon finds that her high school nemesis, Lisa, is a teacher in the school as well. Soon, Becky finds herself competing with Lisa for the eye of Tim the attractive Spanish teacher, among other things.

Next Official Discussion: "Hot Sub"

Edited on 03/20/2008 1:43pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EJamison

[2]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 17
    It was pretty bad. The only time I chuckled was when the Hispanic janitor rolled his eyes in the cafeteria after hearing Spanish spoken by Tim and Lisa.

It was funny, although not enough to actually produce a laugh, when that student showed up to the dance in the same outfit as Becky. And the car crash was funny in the same way. I don't know if there would be a way to make those jokes hit home.

Hiding in the bushes seemed ridiculous. The timing of Lisa being hired was too convenient.

I usually won't give up on a show from just the pilot but the ads for the Thursday episodes didn't look very promising. I don't expect this show to last too long.

wayne827

[3]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 12
    It wasn't that bad. I think the show has potential. The basic premise seemed kind of thrown together...but hopefully now that all that's set up and out of the way things will become better. I'll give the two episodes on Thursday a shot.

i5star

[4]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 44
    I really enjoyed the pilot. It was funny and very entertaining... The show started great, can't wait for what's to come our way in this new series.

Better than most pilots I've seen lately....

krussell47

[5]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 12
    There were some funny parts, but then again there were some lame parts. I laughed and didn't laugh. I will watch the next two episodes on Thursday and hopefully they will be better and keep me interested in the series.

kellovestv

[6]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 7
    I thought it was cute. I was a nerd in High School, so I guess I could relate to the way Becky feels. Oh, and I was a teacher for 7 years also.

HRGirl

[7]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 9
    I definitely see the potential for this show. I thought the pilot was funny... I hope Thursday's episodes are even better.

Ditto338

[8]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 5
    It was pretty funny. Not that bad.

bernsd3

[9]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 9
    This was definitely Ashton Kutcher's humor behind it. I think I can see what fun this show will be -- after it is on for more than 22 minutes! Give it a chance. Comedies that portray that awkward/goofy student in high school just seems to have a tantalizing taste of success in my book.

vendbien

[10]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 25

HRGirl wrote:
    I definitely see the potential for this show. I thought the pilot was funny... I hope Thursday's episodes are even better.

This show is probably well-liked by the audience it was meant to hit. I'm not in that demographic and I still saw enough to find it amusing and entertaining. I like Judy Greer (especially since 'Aunt Myra' on 2.5 Men), Chris Parnell plays this part just smarmy enough and the Principal (Earl Billings) could be a sleeper.

Some of the writing was prob over the heads of 'some' high schoolers - 'homecoming is spelled c-O-m' (not c-U-m?). Also liked the latino gardner's little spots. Beats reality shows, and you always need at least one high school sitcom and movie out there at all times.

archangelcory16

[11]Mar 21, 2008
    • level: 32
    This was a freaking hilarious pilot. But I hated how they cut things out of it that was in the original promo.