Miss Guided

ABC (ended 2008)

Miss Guided Fan Reviews (15)

• This is way out of my demographic, but I'm a fan of Judy Greer since her appearance on Two and a Half Men last year, and I like Chris Parnell and Brooke Burns, so I figured I'd give it a look-see.

It's only one episode, but there are some things that we already know. The characters are subject to turn and talk to the camera and give us some backstory or their thoughts, there will be some cutaways to past histories and this is a 'cute' little high school-themed show with some adult references that will titillate older age groups.

The main character is Judy Greer's, Becky Freeley (I will await the first 'I. P.' joke), who is a naive, starry-eyed guidance counselor in denial about life's hardships, who loves her students as well as the new Spanish teacher, Tim (Kristoffer Pohala). Her nemesis is former homecoming queen, Lisa (Brooke Burns) who 'crapped' all over Becky when they attended high school together and who also has her sights set on our erstwhile Timmy.

Chris Parnell (SNL) is the smarmy, officious vice-principal that we all know and hate and there is a 'sleeper' character in Principal Huffy (Earl Billings), who may just turn out to be the added comic relief that puts this show over the hump.

You have to judge this show in the context it has chosen for itself if you want to enjoy it. If you're looking to hate something, I'm sure you can tell us all that it is an unoriginal premise about high school kids. If that is the case, I suggest that you come up with a brand new concept, that no one else has thought of, and produce your own show and sell it to a network. TV should always have at least one high school comedy on the schedule and this one is just fine with me.