Miss Match

NBC (ended 2003)

Miss Match Fan Reviews (15)

• Lacked Originality

4.5
    The show lacked what other shows had, its target audience was neither teenage or adult, and with its friday night death slot, it had to go. It started out well with Alicia Silerstones character setting up her friend with Micheal, and in the stereotypical style she ended up falling for Micheal, after her friends suspisions. That is when i stopped watching because it became boring and repetitive, it seemed to predictable as she started to date Micheal, and the "love therapist" that she went to just seemed weird. I love Alicia Silverstone but this show was a bomb!
  • This series has soo much promise unfounatly it got cancelled

As a massive Alicia Sliverstone Fan, i was so looking forward to this series but when i found out it got cancelled i was really annoyed. i admit it wasn't brilannt series but it could at least lasted 2 season before the producer decided to pull the the plug. With other shows getting renewed.

Kate Fox-match makers, it was intresting concept of a divorce lawyer turned match-maker but unfounatly as the episode went on she found a man just for herself but was forced to set-up dates from him, if that wasn't bad enough his Ex-wife forces her not to see him causing Kate life to get out of control.

it's such a shame they left it on clif-hanger we will never see last 6 episode made :(
  • from england

7.9
    im from england and have recently seen miss match. it runs daytime over-here and the only reason iv managed to catch it is because i\\\'ve been suffering with the flu virus. anyway its a shame its been pulled and it really confuses me why its been pulled. it was quite good i thought
  • I love this show!

Oh the joys of working late mornings when have awake you flip on the television and come across this show on channel 4 and think hey thats Alicia Silverstone; ok I will give it a shot, and am I glad that I did! Unfortunetly the episodes didn't air in order on Channel 4 but I have since watched them in order (which makes them better). Just like Kate I am a hopeless romantic so I liked seeing her setting people up and helping couples who were drifting apart. Plus for that type of show it had a lot of well known cast members (but they may not have been so famous when the show aired). My only complaint is that for soem reason episode 12 never aired anywhere so I havn't seen it! :(
  • Got the wrong advertising!

I loved this show and the reason I think that it failed was because it got the wrong advertising. The show debuted the year after Sex and the City had finished and in every single advert for Miss Match they always threw in and boasted "From the creator of Sex and the City" so tons of people tuned in expecting to see a show just like Sex and the City and that is not what this show is about!

If this show had had the proper advertising then maybe it would've pulled in the right audience and would still be here. Sadly it's not though and the chances of the first season being released on dvd look slim!
  • Amazing I want it back!

This show was great - NBC screwed it up and it deserved better it would have been great on UPN or The WB, but honestly I think a movie would work better.

The show is about Alicia Silverstone's character Kate Fox who is a divorce lawyer who also matches people up. This show was underrated and deserves a DVD release.
  • Miss Match deserved to be on DVD

Really enjoyed the Miss Match series when it was airing. Like many shows the episodes were shown out of order or not at all, in some cases. The casting of the characters was excellent. Really enjoyed the interaction between the characters and the overall story lines in the show. While many lesser shows have shown up on DVD for some reason Miss Match is one of those shows that has not been released on DVD. Is it a marketing decision - just not enough interest or is there some legal reasons stopping the release of the show to DVD??? This is a show that I would enjoy seeing again.
  • Too bad

Alicia Silverstone had me from Clueless. She gets on a lot of people's nerves but I think that she's just a fabulous actress. There's something really different about her, and a very genuine fire in her eyes. Her character was just adorable; a matchmaker/lawyer who actually had a hard time finding and staying with a guy of her own. Maybe it was just bad timing...there were too many other shows out there vying for the same demographic. It's totally probable. I just wish that they'd bring it back because the premise was sweet and I enjoyed every single episode they put out there. Funnily enough it now reminds me somewhat of Boston Legal(I don't know why!); maybe a merger is in order?
  • I only got to watch one espisode, but i was hooked just on that!

I accidently watched it when i was ill so i stayed at home and turned the t.v on. It really got me hooked as it was comical, serious and i think it was quite original aswel but not too complicated so although i only watched 2 episodes i was able to pick up on what was going on... unfortunatly it wasn't until yesterday that i realised that friday was the last showing, so that definitly was really annoying. I think that it should have been advertised, and if it was then i would've definitly watched it, i also thought it was on at the wrong time- 09.05?? isn't that when nobody's at home, everybody's working or at school!?!?!
    BRING IT BACK!!!!!!
  • Wonderful light comedy/drama featuring Alicia Silverstone in a role that was cut far too short....

When Miss Match was aired in 2003, it had only a short run. Lasting only a season in the US, and then reaired in international markets, it never found it's place unfortunately. It's a wonderful light comedy/drama featuring Alicia Silverstone in a role that was cut far too short, as a lawyer handling divorces in her father's firm, but who moonlighted on the side as a love matchmaker.

Alicia Silverstone was delightful in this role, and proves she's a versatile actress. One can only hope this series gets a DVD release, as it might expose it to a wider audience.
  • A lawyer who is a match maker why didn't anyone come up with this sooner? It's original and a fantastic idea for a show. Well I think so.

Finally theres a show that we havn't seen on television before, it's about time. I dout that there are lawyers out there who are also match makers so Miss Match is an interesting show to watch. It's full of drama and romance. The characters are all unique and strong and play a main part in the show. Which is different! Katy seriously should stop finding everyone else the perfect partner and find her own. I think that Katy and Micheal should get together they are perfect for each other. I also think that Micheals ex-girlfriend or whatever she is, should get over herself and realise that Micheal doesn't love her anymore and should move on with her life instaed of stopping Kate and Micheal from being together. Hopefully Miss Match will be back for a second season as there is alot more that could happen with Kate, her match making and the lawferm!
  • Kate Fox (Alicia Silverstone)Is A Lawyer Working For Her Father's Company, Who Doubles As A Matchmaker In Her Spare Time.

Kate Fox Is A Lawyer Working In Her Father's Company, She Doubles As A Matchmaker In Her Spare Time, She Sets Up Dates For Her Clients.
    She Discovers Romance Herself In The Process, Falling In Love With A Certain Guy ;)
    She Has A Best Friend Called Victoria (Lake Bell), Who Kate Sets Up Dates For, But With No Success :(.
    This Show Is Great, Not Only Is It Funny, But Also Very Lighthearted Which I Love!
    Alicia Silverstone Makes Me Laugh As Kate And Lake Bell Made Me Laugh As Victoria.
    I Wish This Show Hadn't Ended, They Should Bring It Back As Soon As Possible!
  • I love this show very much!!

This show must go on! I love it very very much! I live in the Netherlands and I saw this show a few times on the Netherlands television.. Now they stop the show.. :( I hope they will get the miss match soap on dvd!! ! Maybe somebody knows were I can buy or find this show on the internet? I look for a long time but i don \\\'t have find anything.. .

I think Alicia Silverstone is a very good actrese! And also the crew is very nice!
    I love to see the romance and humor in the show!
  • \"EXCELLENT\"

please bring it back!, I really enjoyed it and was hooked from the beggining, it had so much potential it was really light hearted, up-beat and funny.
    I only began watching it recently but channel four doesnt appear to be showing any more of the epsiodes as it is not in the slot for next week, I found it to be great though.
  • Great!!

Damn what a shame that it isn't on tv any more anybody (from holland) knows where I can by the episodes on dvd!! I love this serie!! not a lot of my people watched but I was adicted!! But now it isn't on tv anymore really sad about it :(
    bye!