Missing Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

renewed or cancelled

carlejeune

[1]Apr 6, 2012
    • level: 6

I wonder how many episodes there will be and when we find out about renewal. I love the scenery in all the different locations

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Jemadari

[2]Apr 13, 2012
    • level: 12

Got my money on canceled, the previews showed Moms choking some guy out,shooting and declaring she would do whatever it takes to get her son back and I'm thinking yeah, woman on fire gonna reduce Europe to ash then fuse the ash into glass, smash the glass with a sledgehammer and use the broken shards to eviscerate the devil himself, but that's not even close to what we got as for the son I've taken to skipping his scenes entirely

Dec1964

[3]Apr 23, 2012
    • level: 32

Missing 2012 is a Fantastic Show I Love It.

Ashley Judd Is Perfect In This Role, Every Episode "i'm left hanging on the edge of my set "

Please ABC Do Not Axe This Show.

Dec1964

[4]Apr 23, 2012

Got my money on canceled, the previews showed Moms choking some guy out,shooting and declaring she would do whatever it takes to get her son back and I'm thinking yeah, woman on fire gonna reduce Europe to ash then fuse the ash into glass, smash the glass with a sledgehammer and use the broken shards to eviscerate the devil himself, but that's not even close to what we got as for the son I've taken to skipping his scenes entire

Then Don't Watch....

Edited on 04/23/2012 5:29pm

ummhaniyyah

[5]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 8

I mostly enjoy watching but I do wonder about cancellation since the networks are always looking for shows that appeal to young males.

This show is more like those woman in peril thriller books. The heroine is in her 40s (attractive for a woman her age but not the hotty that would have the young bloods watching) and while there is a fair amount of action there is also a lot of relationship centered flashback, focus on her friendship with her flower shop employee, the romance with the Italian Interpol agent all of which are more for women.

That demographic would have to be watching in high numbers to sustain the show.

I don't find myself fast-forwarding through any of it and the underlying mystery and suspense keep me watching.

Many plot points don't add up - if they monitor her insulin they would of course know if a whole box went missing from the fridge in the cellar, wouldn't you get rid of the maid/Michael's love interest once you became suspicious of him, surely you could find someone else in Russia to cook and clean...

I hope it doesn't get cancelled though.

Jemadari

[6]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 12

Dec1964 wrote:

Got my money on canceled, the previews showed Moms choking some guy out,shooting and declaring she would do whatever it takes to get her son back and I'm thinking yeah, woman on fire gonna reduce Europe to ash then fuse the ash into glass, smash the glass with a sledgehammer and use the broken shards to eviscerate the devil himself, but that's not even close to what we got as for the son I've taken to skipping his scenes entire

Then Don't Watch....

Thanks for this very useful contribution, you are a real credit to the site

For anyone who's interested I never said I didn't like the show, was just pointing out that the advertisements were quite misleading, they offered a suspenseful thriller but instead gave a melodrama with moments of intensity, which I'm perfectly fine with just not what I was originally sold

Edited on 04/24/2012 1:23pm

haroven

[7]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 3

I see Ashley Judd is executive producer or somesuch which makes the whole thing a vanity production so far as I am concerned. Thing is I don't remember Judd being this bad an actor; she was never any sort of a Meryl Streep but I remember a solid journeyperson from her movies - many cuts above the dismal performance she has put in here.

I have taken to counting the number of times Judd puts her hands in the pack pockets of her jeans throws her head up to stare at the ceiling and lets out her breath in one of the many moments when the plot stretches credulity past breaking point.

She drags out this move whenever she needs to express frustration, anger, impatience or just about any other negative emotion aside from fear which usually gets hidden behind a wooden face.

Maybe it is the script which has lame dialog stitching together a plot that has more holes than anyone could count.

On the other hand the locations must have been expensive shoots so maybe the whole deal has been underwritten by various european tourist boards. If not and Judd did put up the money for this I imagine she is going to be 'downsizing' her hollywood bling pretty soon.

Judd's performance blows her colleague off the screen whenever she shares a scene with Sean Bean who cannot walk and chew gum at the same time, in this case read speak in an american accent for walk, and act for chewing gum. We've grown used to even untrained actors such as Hugh Lawrie (stand up comic by trade) managing a reasonable fist of an accent whilst expressing themselves pretty well as actors when englanders play americans. There are some who do a great job and Lawrie may have struggled with the accent for the first couple of seasons of House but his expression was great. Bean is just hopeless at either, yet he's another who isn't too lame usually.

This show must have a serious hex on it.

Dec1964

[8]Apr 25, 2012

Then Don't Watch....

Thanks for this very useful contribution, you are a real credit to the site

For anyone who's interested I never said I didn't like the show, was just pointing out that the advertisements were quite misleading, they offered a suspenseful thriller but instead gave a melodrama with moments of intensity, which I'm perfectly fine with just not what I was originally sold

I never meant it to sound that harsh...

Dec1964

[9]Apr 25, 2012

Missing 2012, Just watched episode 7, another Great Episode, left me with more questions than answer's.

I live in Sydney, Australia so i don't know what the Ratings are in the US for this TV Show,

if someone could please give me some info & also i read some posts saying this show mite

be canceled.

Which i have to say i'm not surprised being on the ABC Network.

Any information would be very much appreciated.

carlejeune

[10]Apr 27, 2012

I don't think anyone has any info other than everyone thinks this will be cancelled. I still say, I love the on site locations, even if it is just to further tourism in Europe. so many action tv shows are filmed in a studio and it is rare to see beautiful location shoots...like all the scenes in Prague. I just wish if Ashley knows it is being cancelled somehow they can film one last episode. I am a real sucker for happy endings

Dec1964

[11]Apr 27, 2012

I don't think anyone has any info other than everyone thinks this will be cancelled. I still say, I love the on site locations, even if it is just to further tourism in Europe. so many action tv shows are filmed in a studio and it is rare to see beautiful location shoots...like all the scenes in Prague. I just wish if Ashley knows it is being cancelled somehow they can film one last episode. I am a real sucker for happy endings

Thanks for the info, i really hope it doesn't get canceled.

But we are talking about The ABC Network.

Edited on 04/27/2012 5:07pm

Random862

[12]May 2, 2012
    • level: 7
    I started watching it and I was intrigued. I've been enjoying it actually, until recently.

I find myself growing tired of her chasing after her kidnapped son only to be always 1 step behind. I sure hope that this whole series isn't based on only that premise (her finding her kidnapped son), because IMHO that story has run it's course and needs to wrap up. I certainly can't see me watching this 2 or 3 years from now with her still trying to find him, and having near miss after near miss.

Ingelief

[13]May 5, 2012

one of the best new show! Please dont get cancelled

Ingelief

[14]May 6, 2012

what do u mean by its abc network so it will likely be cancelled??

PLEASE dont cancell

thunderbird7777

[15]May 12, 2012
    • level: 1

They had to know going into the show, that Ashley was what she was. If what you say is true then, they set the show up to fail. If it were Sci-fi network, or niklodeon I would believe that. But this is ABC, and they have the oportunity for hundreds of shows each year, and I don't see them saying, lets just suck, and then make it worse as the season goes on. A lot of times in movies, all of the best scenes are the traillers. But a TV show is mostly 22 eps of 46 minutes. Do the math, 1.012 minutes vs 90.

Frenz9

[16]May 17, 2012
    • level: 10

This was my favourite show this season, once again i am suprised by the multiple shows that are being dropped this year.

Dec1964

[17]May 18, 2012

After watching episode- 10, i can only hope this is not the end.

ABC you left the door open at the last couple of minutes of the episode

& i knew something was going to happen, i thought the car was going

to blow up.

Please don't leave us hanging, we need another season.

gutteg

[18]May 19, 2012
    Think that they could have made the effort to recut the last scene after the cancellation decision came. Just cut before turning the key.

mlauzon

[19]May 23, 2012
    • level: 8

What is the deal lately of cancelling series where the last episode ends in a cliffhanger!

shamrat

[20]May 23, 2012
    • level: 13
    Oh come on. Does a whole season of Sean Bean kicking ass to look for his wife not excite ABC? Damn you!