MISSING

Off the Grid

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jul 10, 2005 on Lifetime

• Awesome episode.

This is probably one of the saddest episodes of a TV show I have ever seen. It was very well written though and I really enjoyed the emotion the actors brought to their characters. I enjoyed Nicole's story and the pain she experienced because she really sympathized with the woman. It was a very real episode.
  • Jess and her visions aren't the only superpowers in this show.

The coolest thing about this episode is one year later, we realize just how much we still have to learn about Nicole Scott's character.

The images from her childhood were interesting, and her backstory, the situation of domestic abuse she experienced growing up, that certainly had potential to make an impact.

Bringing that backstory to bear on the situation faced by Emma ...

That is one frightening situation. Getting tracked, hunted down by a powerful, resourceful investigator whose daily abuse was all but debilitating, especially since no one seemed to be able to do anything about it, that was dark.

But for him to exploit his resources and pursue an unrelenting course, tracking her to her house twice and destroying her, that took the storyline over the edge.

The mention of the power outage in Chicago was ... weird. One assumes this episode was taped and in the can weeks ago, so the inclusion of a detail that has a recent real-world parallel is intriguing to say the least.

The visions Jess experienced with this case were interesting, but one wonders, now that she's having waking visions, if she can reliably do field work. They're going to have to talk about that slipup in the woods one of these days. And the tension between Nicole and Tony seems a little forced, but he's not wrong -- she does block people out.

Look how long it took us to discover what led up to her foster situation.

Good episode.