Mister Ed

CBS (ended 1966)

gwactuary

Mister Ed Fan Reviews (7)

• I love Mr. Ed

I still watch Mr. Ed early weekday mornings at 6:30 . I watched him when I was growing up and I still enjoy watching him. He makes me laugh and brings back a lot of good memories.
  • Hello, I'm Mister Ed. Could the story of a horse that talked to only one man really change the world forver? Once upon a time, it seemed like a distinct possibility.

A Horse Is A Horse - Of Course, Of Course...

I was eleven years old the first time I saw Mister Ed on Nick-At-Nite, (or twelve or thirteen, somewhere in there, my memory's a tad bit foggy these days), and I immediately became a fan. Heck, I even turned the simple phrase "I don't think so, Wilbur" into a popular, (if I do say so myself), tagline at school. I remember once, I taped a marathon on Nick-at-Nite, from the first episode to the last, and over the course of the next few years, I actually wore that tape out. Ed surfed, Ed sang, Ed danced, Ed taught the Dodgers how to hit, and Ed flew an airplane...

Well, Ed tried to fly an airplane, anyway.

And, good times were had by all.

Yeah, I really loved that show as a kid, and, as I would come to find out, I still do! Lately, I been watching Mister Ed on TV Land in the mornings, (or, rather, taping it so I could watch it later, darn grown up stuff), and I was very happy to find that the humor still held up, and the entertainment was as good as ever. Yeah, it can be a tad silly sometimes, but, hey, that's all a part of that pure Classic TV goodness we all know and love!

There's a lot of good TV shows out there, but this Golden Palomino, well, he's a horse of a different color! If ever there was a show worth watching, then friends, Mister Ed is that show!
  • Loved it then, and I still love it now.

Who would ever think that a comedy about a talking horse would hold up after all this time ... well it has.

I grew up watching repeats of Mister Ed, and absolutely adored the show. Surprisingly I still do! While some of it will seem abit silly and dated, it is still an all around highly entertaining show. Just keep in mind that this was originally a childrens series, so it may not appeal to some. But if you are looking for a wholesome, funny, and sweet show to watch with your kids, then Mister Ed is definitely it.
  • A horse is a horse, of course of course!

Yer funny, a great show. I haven't seen a ton of it, but it is one of my favorite shows. I liked all the characters, but Ed and Wilbur were my favorite. With a beautiful talking palomino horse as Ed, where could anything go wrong. Though lately i have been reading a fair amount of it and things didn't go all that smoothly: first of all they had to get the horse to talk, mustard is to messy so they resorted to a string in his mouth, and when ever Ed's trainer tugged the string lightly Ed was supposed to "talk" didn't always respond. But they still succeeded. Other than that the show was still a success and is now still remembered today.
  • I talked about Mr. Smith about not having a chance in hell of being on TV for years, but Mister Ed was on TV for six years. This show was cool! Mister Ed was a horse of course! The theme song said it all. I watched Mister Ed when I was 20 and 21 years

old in 1988 and 1989, and it was on Nick-At-Nite. I watched Nick-At-Nite everytime Mister Ed came on. I remember when it came on TVLand 2 years ago, I watched it agian. It is time to bring Mister Ed back on TV. Mister Ed was the bomb of the 1960s. Kennedy was President in 1961 when Mister Ed came on. In 1963, Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas, on November 22nd, 1963. Mister Ed was still popular that year. The show ran six successful years. Maybe someday, we can get our Mister Ed back on TV. Or order it on DVD. Heck, I love DVDS. They last longer than a VHS does.
  • I like Mister Ed. I have been watching it since it was replayed. I like Carol Post played by Connie Hines because she was one of my favorite characters in the show.

One of the most successful of the numerous 1960's nonsensical sitcoms was this one about a talking horse. Ed belonged to Wilbur Post, a young architect who had decided to move out of the city to get a little closer to nature.

For years the main characters have remained in the story. Others came and went sometimes for short periods and sometimes for many episodes. They helped to make the story more exciting.

Some of the main characters were Gordon Kirkwood, Wilbur Post, Carol Post, Roger Addison, Kay Addison, Winnie Kirkwood and Mister Ed.

Each episode is a story on its own but it forms part of the whole story.
  • Mister Ed is a genius comedy!

I love this show so much and have the first DVD boxed set. A girlfriend in college said she hated the show and I could never understand why, since it is so funny!

On the first volume is one of my favorite episodes where Ed gets an Abraham Lincoln complex and frees not only a caged bird meant as a gift for Kay, but a whole aviary. All of the birds wind up in Addison's house and drive him stark raving nuts. The other actor who comes after Addison's character leaves the set is hilarious too. Everyone thinks that Wilbur is nuts, but he isn't! And the fun thing is only Wilbur and Ed knowing about their hilarious and often devious conversations. I love Ed's dancing and singing, and occasional defiance toward Wilbur. Even though it's an old show, it still casts a magical spell over me. I'm not an animal lover, but I can imagine it's super precious to people who love animals and consider them part of the family.