A Great Read Indeed

millerem99

[1]Jul 3, 2007
    • level: 51
    The Simple Faith of Mister Rogers by Amy Hollingsworth is an excellent read, if you are looking for something relatively light, yet worthwhile. I read it two years ago for the first time at the beach, and it deepened my appreciation for Fred Rogers. What a gentle, insightful man! He has been and will be missed!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mdavids15

[2]Dec 31, 2007
    • level: 4
    He really was a great person. Too bad certain people couldn't appreciate him more.

RealityFan2686

[3]Feb 26, 2008
    • level: 30

Mdavids15 wrote:
    He really was a great person.

I agree with that, the year he died and I heard about it, I cryed my eyes out. This was one of my favorite shows as a kid. I remember coming home from Kindergarten and Sesame Street and this show was always on back-to-back. I always looked forward to coming home mainly for that reason. I may be 22 now, but now I get to watch this show with my niece whenever she comes over during the week. Just brings back all the good memories.

""Tina""

WWinnieF

[4]Jan 14, 2009
    • level: 20
    Mdavids15 wrote:
    He really was a great person. Too bad certain people couldn't appreciate him more.
    Indeed. He, Walt Disney, and Jim Henson (and Richard Hunt, Jerry Juhl, and others) were all visionaries and we all miss 'em, especially the life lessons they taught.