Mister Rogers' Neighborhood

PBS (ended 2001)

millerem99

User Score: 2019

Mister Rogers' Neighborhood Fan Reviews (30)

• This guy is creepy!!!AHHH!

0.0
    Forget Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Mr Rogers is scary! No not scary to make you scream at gory images, but scary because of this dudes personality. I don't know what he is, some guy that likes to take his clothes off in front of the camera,eww, and talks to other children the wrong way about issues, saying everything is "scary",ewww, just watch it and you'll think "I don't want my children to see this"!
    Listen, I may be exagerating, but this Mr Rogers dude is scary! Literally! No children should watch this nut ever!
  • Boring

0.3
    Yawn..., I'm so bored. Can you get rid of this show? It's the same old shows. Get it off. All he does is go yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah and talking all the time about baby stuff. It's Like It's ok to be sad all the time. No More!
  • I am really freaked out about this show.

One of the creepiest shows that were a kids show.First of all,Mister Rogers is all nice and this is really stupid of what he did to this show.Second of all,the puppets are really disturbing and King Friday is not that disturbing and finally of all,the whole show is really creepy.In one of the episodes,this dude looked really disturbing with his eyes.Mister Rogers,you did not do a good job on this show.It's very creepy with you and the puppets from The Neiborhood Of Make Believe.Your show is one of the baddest show that I will know forever.I give this show a D because it's stupid and all of those crazy puupets are disturbing.
  • A tear to my eye

When I was little I love this show.It was so cute and I rember befor pre school I wacht Mister Rogers.But he died and I was so sad for mister rogers.But I never forget my happy years when me and my family used to sit toger and wacht it.We relly don``t do it now but that was good times.
  • This was the show in which i started watching when i was five. I love watching his show because of they things that you learned as a child. like how they make certain things. this is a timeless classic that will always be a childhood memory. RIP Mr. Roger

THis is a show a that i liked as a child and his them song wont you be my neighbor is in my mind and i can just picturing him singing it while changing his outdoor shoes into his house shoes. another thing that i liked was the land of makebeilive where he would tell these awsome stories with the help of his friend trolly. Kids my age love this show as a kid as well as sesame street that is still a big hit with kids today.
  • Excellent children's show

Mr. Rogers was truly an inspiring character who knew how to teach children about life without sugar-coating anything. Even after his death, his legacy lives on.
    Won't You Be My Neighbor Lyrics
    It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
    A beautiful day for a neighbor.
    Could you be mine?...

It's a neighborly day in this beauty wood,
    A neighborly day for a beauty.
    Could you be mine?...

I've always wanted to have a neighbor just like you.
    I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So, let's make the most of this beautiful day.
    Since we're together we might as well say:
    Could you be mine?
    Won't you be my neighbor?
    Won't you please,
    Won't you please?
    Please won't you be my neighbor?
  • It doesn't matter what YOU think of it, what matters is what your pre-schoolers and kindergarteners think of it. It's meant for them, and it's exactly what they need.

I know some parents who sneer at this show and call it stupid and boring. It doesn't matter what YOU think of it, what matters is what your pre-schoolers and kindergarteners think of it. It's meant for them, and it's exactly what they need. Modern-day little ones even desperately moreso than those who were toddlers when the first episode aired.

Far from the manic, loud, violent, inane cartoons fed to older kids, and also far from the manic, loud, fast-paced shows frequently fed to those aged 3 to 6, "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" takes them to a simpler, quieter place where they can be sufficiently entertained to learn to focus for longer periods of time AND just simple and repetitive enough as necessary for them to comprehend the theme concept that ties together each show. For the little one whose parents are always too busy or self-absorbed to give their child Quality Time, the intimate, personal, one-on-one feel to this half hour with big---but safe--grown-up Fred Rogers feeds their great hunger for so many basic things. Shut up and watch a 3 or 4 year old watch this show.

I know many an adult, male and female, who, while home sick or home trying to numb life's current pains and older wounds, who has come across the show while channel-surfing. Although we all know the show is geared toward allaying the fears, feeding the hopes, and nurturing the dreams of children not yet in Grade 1 of Elementary School, adults can find metaphorical meaning and comfort in some of the things being said or explored that we can apply to our complicated, grown-up lives. In particular, Mister Rogers' answer to a little character's fears has stuck with me since I came across an episode while lying in bed watching TV, trying to recover from a serious and harmful personal situation. I've since used the same in injecting some light humor into situations in which friends and associates have been personally devastated, and it always makes them smile and consider its assurances.

If you can't, or won't, teach your little ones compassion, ethics, anger management, how to resolve bad feelings, personal responsibility, how to exercise and stretch their imaginations, how to think things out, and how to apply themselves...and why these things are important, let Fred Rogers do it. One can only hope that this show might one day be available in certain other languages around this old world of ours, and that more little and more big people would pay attention.
  • It makes imagination come true.

I miss Mister Rogers. He died like, 4 years ago. He even used to sing songs like the "Tomorrow Song" back in the early 70's, which I'll probably never get to see again. All that I can imagine is to have the early days of him come back on television, and possibly on DVD. Currently, it only airs when I have to miss it because I have school, but at least I get to see it when I have days off. But when I was just a little kid, the episodes still aired the same. We could go for "Long live Mister Rogers", but like I said, he's dead now.
  • I loved this show

When I was a child, Mr. Rogers seemed to talk to me about things I was curious about without a bunch of technical stuff and talking down to me. I used to think I could predict if the sign would say Hi or Hello, but in reality I never really knew if there was a pattern.

Maybe it was the gentle simplicity that drew me in. All I knew was when I watched I felt safe and as though I had some worth. I was so surprised when my daughter told me (at the age of 6 or 7) that she didn't really like this show as it meant so much to me as a child. It makes me a little sad she didn't get what I got out of it.
  • At least there is 33 years of reruns for our children and their descedents to turn to.

I am quite sure that all the episodes of this masterpiece have been transferred to a digital medium so they will never further degrade.

To those who are the keepers of those 1's and 0's, thank you for your work.

I love this show.. (present tense) I am nearly 40, but if I come across it, I will watch it. As a child, this was my chaser to Sesame Street. I can remember vividly watching it for the final time of the day, before bed, and I was crying. I didn't want him to leave.

As an adult, when I catch the intro, I am still OCD to enough to root for him to finish his wardrobe change (sweater/tennies) before he concludes his song lyrics (Please won't you be my neighbor) Gotta have something to do I guess.

Thanks for making my neighborhood a little more special Mr. Rogers.
  • Another great childrens program that helped to teach kids basic skills and manners.

Another great childrens program that helped to teach kids basic skills and manners. Fred Rogers starred as Mr. Rogers and several other characters. He was a presbetryian minister that wanted to have a decent program for young kids to watch. He did a wonderful job for many years. Some of the people that were in this great show included Stephen Lee as Cousin Steven Owl, another cousin of X the Owl, Don Francks as Mr. Anybody, Keith David as Carpenter in Southwood, Maxine Miller as Nurse Miller, Don Brockett as
    Chef Brockett, François Clemmons as
    Himself (operator of a local theater production company) and Officer Clemmons, Joe Negri as Himself (owner of Negri's Music Shop) and Handyman Negri (Neighborhood of Make Believe segments) and David Newell as
    Mr. McFeely (a deliveryman; aka "Speedy Delivery:). This was a very good childrens program.
  • The coolest TV Teacher!

He is sweet, he acts like your neighbor, and he takes you on adventures through his house and everything. He teaches you things you wanna learn as a kid who likes school. Greatness!
  • BOO-YAH! Mr. Rogers all the way!

How many buff musclemen do you see showing off on TV and then when they actually NEED to fight, they wuss out? Well, the only ones I can think of that don't are Chuck Noris and (fanfare) Mr. Rogers.
    Not ONLY was he in the navy but he was an EXCELLENT teacher. The show may creep some of you freaks out, but I happen to like it.
    Examples of why Mr. Rogers is a good show:
    Feeding the fish: To care for life and for reminding,
    The wonderful land of make-believe: recognition,
    Song: How do we NOT learn from song?
    Mr. Rogers: an extraordinary role model for any child.

Mr. Rogers deserves to be appreciated and I do appriciate him. Please, for wonderful education watch this show with your kids.
  • I miss Mr. Rogers!

Who doesn't like Mr. Rogers? I've grown up and Mr. Rogers is still cool with me.
    This show was cool. I love the filmstrips Mr. Rogers would show, like how crayons or plastic drinking straws were made. In any other context it would be boring, but they were interesting on this show.
    This is a great show for little kids. It teaches them that imagination/make-believing is important. Mr. Rogers does it with his puppets like King Friday. It's a great show for kids and adults won't get bored watching it either.
    This is definitely a classic and no other children's show can touch it!
  • I used to watch this show when I was growing up. It helped to make me the person that I am today. Thanks to Mr. Rogers Neighborhood -- I learned manners, good behavior and all of the other stuff that makes a well-rounded person.

This show was a big part of my growing up years. Mr. Rogers was one of the best teachers that I had, in terms of learning how things worked, how to behave around other people, and that kind of thing. It's a true shame that there aren't that many good children's shows around anymore, besides Sesame Street. Kids don't really have that many good role models these days. My generation and the ones that came before, definitely had one in Fred Rogers. He was a good, hard-working individual who cared about how others felt.

Most tv shows that are on the air today, only seem to care about making money and that kind of thing. Helping kids to learn, seems to be only secondary to them. They don't really care about kids' welfare like Mr. Rogers did.

Television shows just don't have the same feeling to them that Mr. Rogers Neighborhood did. That feeling that you're wanted, that someone actually cared about how you felt, how you're doing and that kind of thing.

He'd go on field trips every so often to different places, in order to show the audience how things are made. For example, I remember seeing one episode where he went to a utensil making factory. It was rather interesting, seeing how spoons are made, using two different molds and then pressing them together in order to make the spoon itself.

Also he had guests on his show once in awhile, along with doing a puppet show with King Friday and the rest of the gang. It was fun growing up and watching this classic show. Hopefully parents will pass this wonderful show onto their own children, so they can experience the magic that was Fred Rogers, may he rest in peace. He will be forever missed by his many legions of fans.
  • Mr.Rogers is my dude.

I was so sad to hear that a couple of years ago one of the nicest men on tv died. This show was about an old man who lives in a neriborhood and is friends with every body and has guest stars on his show all the time and tried to teach children something. I love the theme song to the song even though he can not sing worth a note. It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood A beautiful day for a neighbor Would you be mine Could you be mine It's a neighborly day in this beauty wood A neighborly day for a beauty Would you be mine Could you be mine I've always wanted to have a neighbor just like you I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you So, let's make the most of this beautiful day Since we're together we might as well say Would you be mine, could you be mine Won't you be my neighbor Won't you please, won't you please Please won't you be my neighbor.
  • Mr. Rogers was great.

I have to say that there wasn't a more sincere and more warm show than this one, at least for kids. Mr. Rogers is by far one of the best television characters in history. I respect what he did for as long as he did it. Almost 40 years on one show. That is crazy to think. It was also very sad when he passed away as it meant that there would be no more new episodes of the show. It was a great show that mixed manners with entertainment and puppets. Overall, there will never be a show like this one. Thank you.
  • This was a great show.

This was a great show. I used to love watching it as a child. Picture Picture was one of the coolest things ever.

It's a shame children aren't getting to grow up with this anymore. Instead they're watching manufactured Disney pap. What happened to letting your kids enjoy talent?

Rant aside, this was a really, really good show. I wish it was out on DVD, or even VHS, so I could buy it for my kids later. I want my children to grow up watching good, educational television. Nothing stupid, nasty and offensive like the stuff that's being fed to kids by Disney.
  • I used watch Mister Rogers Neighborhood when I was growing up and really enjoyed it.

Mister Rogers Neighborhood was a very good kids show and it still is I always watched Mr Rogers Neighborhood when I was little and felt bad when he died I watched the last show Mr Rogers made in Aug. 2001 I really enjoyed watching Mr Rogers he taught lots of kids all things about school and everything else. It would be very nice if PBS would show all of Mr. Rogers shows again right from the start instead of showing it from 1979 to 2001 then kids of today that watch it would be able to see each show that MR. Rogers made.
  • When Fred Rogers had Passed away, I cried my eyes out! I went into a depression! I love this person because he was like a special friend to me. I mean a real close friend if you can put it in that catagory...

I had recorded almost every episode he ever had on television. I recorded them both onto VHS and DVD format. however the quality isn't very good because I was using rabbit ears antenna.
    my favorite thing about Mister Rogers' Neighborhood whjen he took us into the "Neighborhood Of Make Believe" and I love it when Joe Negri was in the sow playing is guitar....
  • Mister Rogers teaches children about values. He teaches them to love and respect themselves and others. These are lessons you can't buy.

I love Mister Rogers because he's real and he does something that a lot of children's shows are afraid to do. He presents his true, honest self. He teaches children priceless values, using so many different things to do it: puppets, music, and the simple things like being polite to every single person he meets, regardless of who they are. He ends every episode by looking straight into the camera and telling his viewers that they are special because they are who they are. It's such a wonderful message, and Mister Rogers' Neighborhood provides a safe place for children and their families amidst all the trash on TV that rots away at kids' minds. By telling his viewers that they have value, and that the greatest success in life is being a good friend and neighbor to all around you, that there are healthy ways to deal with your feelings, that they have a fantastic outlet for healthy creative thinking and imagination and that they are loveable and capable of loving, he is providing them with a gift that can't be bought at a shopping mall. He is providing them with an armor of love that will last forever.
  • It's such a good day to know you're alive...

Fred Rogers will forever be a hero to me and my son (now a married adult). He taught us that it was alright to wonder, what to do with the mad we feel, not to think it's funny when we want the ones we miss, and that we'd never go down the drain! But most of all he taught us to embrace the differences in our neighbors, and how to make believe. God gave us a true gift that will remain even as He has taken our neighbor back to heaven!
  • I love this show. It taught children many things. Make belive land was like the best part of the show. The puppets were great. This show has the one of the best theme songs!

Mister Rodgers is a legend. This show had a real great run. Many people of many ages watched this show. This show will most definitely go down in history. One of the best parts is when Mister R. would get a tape of how certains things were made, like crayons or bread. Also, when he would come in and change his jacket and shoes which I still don't understand til this day!
  • Finally, a calm show for kids

One of the major distinctions I see between Mr. Rogers and new kids shows is the slow pacing. Every episode, Mr. Rogers calmly walks into his house, changes his shoes and removes his coat, puts on a comfy sweater, and talks to the TV audience. He asks how they are, and pauses for a response. There's no trickery to keeping a kid's attention. Just interesting visits to factories, zoos, and with famous people (which dates the show, I'm afraid). And beyond that, he teaches morals and values in a non-heavy-handed way. Thank goodness there are so many reruns to watch.
  • Personal favorite. I grew up watching it and now that I have a son he can grow up watching it.

It's Great and Totally Awesome! Always had something new and now a whole new generation gets to learn from him and enjoy his shows as much as the first generation did. Plenty of generations have gotten to watch him and now, thanks to reruns, many more will get to watch him and enjoy him.
  • Mister Roger Neigberhood is a show for little kids where Fred Roger the host of this show talks to kids at home about many things. Like, Feelings, Family, Animals and much more stuff. And he would visit places and have a trolly that go to make believe lan

Ever since I was a little kid, Before I go to school and after school I would watch Mister Roger. He would be a television friend to the viewer. I'll admit that he was a great televison friend. Kids can see what he dose and sing along with him. I always like when he came to bring something to show when he comes on. It's sad that he's no longer with us. But the show is still on as reruns. It's still a great show for little kids to watch. Parents can feel really safe having the kids watch this show. It's clean, no violants and no foewl languge. I think this show will continue in reruns with many more years to come.
  • Definitely one of the best TV shows ever for children

Mister Rogers' Neighborhood is definitely one of the best TV shows ever for children. It was definitely my personal favorite, and I used to watch it 3 times a day! It is great that it still airs regularly on most PBS stations, even though the older episodes no longer air.
  • Won't You be my neighbor?

This show is classic. What else can I say? It's one of a kind. I love this guy and his routine helped me out in the real world. How he would change his coat and his shoes, which cracked me up when I was little because I used to do the same thing. I liked his little guests that he had, in which we learned something new about them and their hobby. The little trolley was the greatest thing ever! I still want one to add to my collection! I liked the little King, Princess, and their little stories. Don't miss out on this classic show!
  • Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Ahhh...what can I say about Mister Rogers Neighborhood? I loved this show as a kid and even now, I catch a few episodes. My favorite part of the whole show was Picture-Picture. I liked seeing how things were made. The Land of Make Believe always kinda creeped me out a bit. Its a shame the show was cancelled in 1999, but at least the younger generation can catch some of the old classics on PBS
  • A Children's Program at its best

Mr. Roger's Neighborhood is by far one of the most gifted shows when it comes to childhood television.

It was a variety show of sorts aimed at teaching children while also entertaining them.

It's always fun to visit Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, where you'll see a host of various characters and the ever-so-friendly face of the show's host Fred Rogers.

Perhaps always known for his kind demeanor and quaint lace-up tennis shoes - Fred Rogers was by far a gifted host that gave the show a calm yet entertaining atmosphere.

When I think of childhood television Mr. Rogers is one of the few great shows that come to mind. It will always be a classic.