Mister Sterling

NBC (ended 2003)

Mister Sterling Fan Reviews (3)

7.4
  • Bring it back!!

NBC, I would say that this show was ahead of its time. I loved the show!! But now the American people are listening, are wanting Washington to change. Look at the popularity of Trump and Sanders. We don't want more of the same. We want something different. This show was that - different. A man in Washington walking to the beat of his own drum, trying to see the bigger picture, and being thwarted by those who couldn't see beyond their own greed. trying to not piss off the party but willing to if that meant doing what was right. Bring it back. Now is the time.
  • This was by far one of the best shows to air. I was very disappointed to find out about it's demise. I truly believe that this show was canceled not due to lack of interest but more because it accurately reflected the true nature of the political machine.

This was by far one of the best shows to air . I was very disappointed to find out about it's demise. I truly believe that this show was canceled not due to lack of interest but more because it accurately reflected the true nature of the political machine. If this show had continued, the lifetime politicians would have been exposed and would have faced the wrath of a people with an ever-decreasing trust and interest in our government and the political processes. Mister Sterling was the person we each secretly wish we could be, the one that made a difference. I am sick of reality shows, I have my own reality and it is usually significantly more interesting than the ones they show on tv. We need more shows like Mister Sterling that are not only entertaining but thought-provoking and fun.
  • This great program had a very short run during mid season, therefore was way overlooked. All the actors were brilliant in there roles. This was the first TV show I ever saw potraying a Senator , and his staff dealing with all the DC politics.

Senator Sterling was an independant, which made the interaction with REPUBLICANS and DEMOCRATS facinating. I recall one episode where Sterling was holding a fillabuster on the Senate floor by continnually reading anything for hours to get his proposal passed. ( Not like today's fillabusters ). Just an excellent show, and to this day I cannot understand it's early death!