Mister Sterling

NBC (ended 2003)

Mister Sterling Fan Reviews (2)

7.3
  • This was by far one of the best shows to air. I was very disappointed to find out about it's demise. I truly believe that this show was canceled not due to lack of interest but more because it accurately reflected the true nature of the political machine.

This was by far one of the best shows to air . I was very disappointed to find out about it's demise. I truly believe that this show was canceled not due to lack of interest but more because it accurately reflected the true nature of the political machine. If this show had continued, the lifetime politicians would have been exposed and would have faced the wrath of a people with an ever-decreasing trust and interest in our government and the political processes. Mister Sterling was the person we each secretly wish we could be, the one that made a difference. I am sick of reality shows, I have my own reality and it is usually significantly more interesting than the ones they show on tv. We need more shows like Mister Sterling that are not only entertaining but thought-provoking and fun.
  • This great program had a very short run during mid season, therefore was way overlooked. All the actors were brilliant in there roles. This was the first TV show I ever saw potraying a Senator , and his staff dealing with all the DC politics.

Senator Sterling was an independant, which made the interaction with REPUBLICANS and DEMOCRATS facinating. I recall one episode where Sterling was holding a fillabuster on the Senate floor by continnually reading anything for hours to get his proposal passed. ( Not like today's fillabusters ). Just an excellent show, and to this day I cannot understand it's early death!