A Mob City Community
TNT (ended 2013)
staff
General Show Discussion
Discuss the show: Mob City

Join in on the Mob City general show discussion.

Discussion
Dec 19, 2013
Mob City Episode 5 "Oxpecker" and Episode 6 "Stay Down"
Thanks to everyone for all the encouragement towards my review last week. Thanks for all the help this week. I must say the positive atmosphere at TV.com really helps to motivate me to do this review (a difficult task for me).

As doing this took up quite a lot of my time and effort (4 hours), I have learn to appreciate weekly reviews more especially those written by fellow amateur members.

I am doing a review and not a recap so I would not be going through all the stories.

WARNING: This review contains spoilers and some violent pictures that might cause discomfort.

Okay, lets get started !

Mob city belongs to the mobster film noir genre but season 1 is basically a love story. It is a story about a war hero turned cop (or psycho killer) and his love for one woman. It is about his need to ...Read more
Discussion
Dec 12, 2013
Mob City Episode 3 "Red Light" and Episode 4 "His Banana Majesty"
I never felt motivated enough to write any reviews here on TV.com. I came close on several occasion but always chicken out. I probably have to really squeeze my brain juice if I had to write a full review. This small article took more than an hour for me to put it up.

However, Mob City episode 3 and 4 are one of the best two hours of television this week, I finally had to do it! I am 90% sure Tim or anyone at TV.com is probably NOT going to write a review!

So finally my maiden SHORT review. Let's just called it a discussion. Do not expect much as writing is not even a hobby of mine.

I am certainly not going to do a recap. Its two episodes and lots of stories to cover. I am not going to put photos too. Looks too ...
Read more
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 6 Season 1
Oxpecker
Aired
Episode 5 Season 1
Stay Down
Aired
Episode 4 Season 1
His Banana Majesty
Aired
Episode 3 Season 1
Red Light
Aired
Episode 2 Season 1
Reason to Kill a Man
Aired

Mob City tells the true story of the epic conflict between the LAPD and gang leader Mickey Cohen. Set primarily in the 1940s & 50s, Mob City is filled with high glamour and low-life thugs. The show stars Joe Bernthal, Milo Ventimiglia, and Alexa Davalos. Simon Pegg is also a guest star.

Its based off of the book L.A. Noir: The Struggle for the Soul of America's Most Seductive City by John Buntin.

moreless