Mobile Suit Gundam Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2002)

Not this show, but related...Anyone know the name of this old series???

TV_Chick

[1]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 6
    There used to be another Gundam related series in the late nineties that focused on a Gundam pilot who dealt with the war and a love triangle between himself, a young singer named Minmay, (whom he met before being sent in to the Federation army or something like that...) and his girlfriend who worked at the space station. His name was Rick... that's all I remember except that the series originally aired on Cartoon Network as part  of Toonami.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

renegade200527

[2]Apr 8, 2007
    • level: 1
    What you're thinking of isn't Gundam.  The show you're talking about is called Robotech.  The mobile suits in that show were called veritech fighters.  They had three modes:  basic verifighter, which is just a fighter jet, guardian mode which is the jet with arms and legs, then battloid mode, which is a full fledged robot.  There was also another Robotech that takes place years after this one where there are bikes that transform.  There's way more seasons and shows of Robotech other then those two but those are the ones I know off hand.  I think they're the only two to make it to the U.S.

Ocentres88

[3]May 16, 2007
    • level: 2
    Why isn't Mobile Suit Gundam Wing listed? You know the one with Ralina and Hero.

Darkknight313

[4]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 28
    Ocentres88 wrote:
    Why isn't Mobile Suit Gundam Wing listed? You know the one with Ralina and Hero.
    It's dub name is Gundam Wing find it as that on tv.com.

GundamZeroWing

[5]Apr 9, 2011
    • level: 9

renegade200527 wrote:
    What you're thinking of isn't Gundam. The show you're talking about is called Robotech. The mobile suits in that show were called veritech fighters. They had three modes: basic verifighter, which is just a fighter jet, guardian mode which is the jet with arms and legs, then battloid mode, which is a full fledged robot. There was also another Robotech that takes place years after this one where there are bikes that transform. There's way more seasons and shows of Robotech other then those two but those are the ones I know off hand. I think they're the only two to make it to the U.S.

Robotech is actually a mixture of Macross, Southern Calvary Cross, and Mospeada...