Modern Family

Benched

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Apr 14, 2010 on ABC

• Mitch and Cam were best.

Gloria and Clare 2nd

Phil and Jay 3rd

Haley was missed completely
  • Basketball, Growing Up, and Getting A New Job

This episode had a lot of funny moments, but it dragged in places. The Cam/Mitchell plot rocked!
  • Luke's Baketball game

I have yet to see a bad episode and this was another one. You get to see how much the relationship still needs to be worked on at this point. I think this was done in such a way Jay was not being too mean to Phil. But he did come close. I thought it was funny when Mitchell said "another victim' when he finds out what happens. I also enjoyed the originally coach of the basketball team. The character from Lost and this one are similar. I also enjoyed the Claire and Alex story. Like I said earlier, I thought Alex is a slightly older version of Lisa Simpson. I liked that she was not all about learning and can be a kid or teenager sometime. I loved the part at the end when Clare said goodbye to Alex. In other sitcoms it's corny but this the funnest moment of the episode. While a small part, I have also enjoyed the part at the start when Cameron thought he was saving money. Maybe I am a mark but still no bad episodes from this series.
  • Benched

After a good episode last time it was back to the same old same old garbage here tonight. A very generic and cliched storyline with Manny involving a rec basketball league team (because that's never been done before) and an even more predictable storyline with the annoying coach.

Not a lot of laughs here at all. I did like the scene with Claire embarrassing Alex in front of her friends. That was just such a perfect mom thing to do to humiliate her daughter.

Other than that though, really filler tonight. I did like seeing Justin Kirk from Weeds pop up though.
FOX