Modern Family

6.9
  • About this episode

This had great written.
  • So funny.

Me and my friends found this episode halerious especially Phil and Clare but also Mitch and Cam

... AND Gloria and Jay. But Manny wasn't here at all
  • Phil and Claire's Anniversary.

This one of the best episodes of the season. The start of the episode was one of the best starts of the series so far. I think it was hilarious how Luke knows they had sex but its not scared by it. His comment of "I think dad's winning" was one of the best Luke quotes. His comments after to his sisters was also funny. The discussion the kids had about what their parents were to say to them shows how great parents and couple Phil and Claire really is despite their flaws. When the kids were listening to what Phil and Claire was so fake but oh so funny. The second part with Mitchell and Cameron would normally be the highlight of the episode but it was the second best part. This shows how strong this episode was. The scene where the women was going to do on her son and Mitchell and Cameron's reaction was priceless. What happened at the end was great, classic sitcom. This was one of best episodes of the season, probably top three.

Another episode of Cliched Family that keeps it title with a very cliched storyline (the kids walking in on the parents "together") but I actually did not want to bang my head against the wall as much as I usually want to do during this show. Now, the episode was nothing that spectacular, but it really was not a bad episode either. A few lines were genuinely funny and I found myself disappointed when the final credits came, not my usual jubilation.

Now, the Mitchell and Cameron storyline was absolutely terrible though. I have to point that out. A terrible use of Rachael Harris to.
  • The Dunphy kids catch their parents in bed, Gloria accidentally sends an embarrassing e-mail to Claire and Cam and Mitch try to make a new friend

I've been a bit disappointed with Modern Family lately, and I'm really glad this episode came around to renew my faith. While I'm still not sure if these new episodes are as good or entertaining as the first season, they at least took the best elements of the show and tried to blend them. I always enjoy the show more when they try to mix the families together. For instance, here, we get a plot about the Dunphy kids accidentally catching their parents in bed.. you know.. doing it, and another separate plot involving Gloria accidentally selling a vicious and insulting e-mail to Claire. It doesn't seem like these plots would blend well, but they actually do.
    I think one great thing about this season is the usage of the children. It's rare to find a show that can have one, let alone three, great child actors. Everyone here does a good job without going over the top, and instead, we get a realistic portrayal of the way children would respond to seeing their parents doing something like that.

As for Cam and Mitch's plot, once again, we get a plot with no connection to the rest of the family except for a random reference.. it's disappointing to see the families not interacting more often and I truly hope we get more of that soon. However, I did like Rachel Harris in the episode as the crazy mom who bounces back and forth between calm and crazy. Also, the sketch where Cam can't remember what celebrity had that specific rug was hilarious.

A much better episode of Modern Family than last week.. but I'm still waiting for that "Wow!" episode.. the season started off with four or five episodes that were incredible and the quality has sort of gone away. But this is a good start to get back on track.
  • Luke [on seeing his parents having sex]: Whatever they were doing, Dad was winning.

Okay, a great episode. Really, but as always, Cam & Mitchell get the separate storyline.

Cam-Mitchell storyline: A new restaurant opens up in town, called Angela, and they figure out Angela's son goes to Lilly's school. So they arrange a playdate with Angela's son Jackson. So they overhear via baby monitor that Anglea complietley freaks out when sth is wrong. Then Cam spills juice on her uber-expensive carpet. When she arrives, they blame Jackson. Angela is about to give a shot tohim as he is allergic to strawberry (the juice) but Cam & Mitchell confess and flee.

Dunphy storyline: It's Phil & Claires anniversary and the kids are going to give them breakfast in bed and they walk in on them havign sex. They are totally freaked out and decide to leave. Phil & Claire in their bedroom, think of stuff to say tothe kids. When they finally go dwonstairs, CLaire has a weird conversaton with Gloria, as she thinks she0s tlaking bout their email. Then they have a tlak with the kids (who agreed before to nod and agree smiling thinking of a happier place) and then leave.

Gloria-Jay: They're gonig to Vegas, and Gloria is trying to send and email to Claire without telling her what she really feels. So then Jay wirtes down the violent version, and gloria accidentally sends it. So they call Hayley, who says their mom is upset and won't come back form her room. Gloria thinks its about the email and they arrive home. They have a weird ocnversation abot differnet topics, and then Gloria is about to delete the email with Claire wonders. She lies sayying the mail had a picture of her naked and they leave to Vegas-

Overall: Hilarious episode. Luke & Phil had tons of quotes. 9.5/10.

one of the best episodes... really funny! I think that the subject of parents getting caught while doing it is responsible for the most funny parts of this episode. The fact is that almost everyone has thought about his parents sex life: what will you do if you catch them doing it or if you have kids how will you react if they interrupt you? I think this situation can bring a lot of awkward situations and for an outsider it is really funny.
    The Cam and Mitchell storyline is kind of the usual one: they are got in an 'little accident' while they are meeting someone to get something...
  • Modern Family keeps outdoing itself!! ^_^

This episode is hilarious!! These characters can take any plot line and turn it into something extremely funny because the chemistry between them is beautiful!! I laughed out loud so much in the past few episodes and especially in this one!! Gloria is amazing with her naiveness in technology!! Phil and Claire are amazing as parents and even though they mess up a lot, they are like the dream parents to have!! The kids were integrated well into the story line and I love that they are getting more and more screen time!! As for Mitch and Cam, I keep thinking they cant get funnier and yet they do, week after week!! I love Cam especially!! I also really love how Jay loves to ignore and deny everything, his character is like every grandpa you want!! Hahaha

*Spoilers*

Fav Quotes:
    Gloria: "It send it, please come back"
    Haley, Alex and Luke: "We thought the lock was a really good idea, but the problem is, it makes a noise, a loud of noise"
    Phil: What if I was all knock knock and they were like who's there and I was all someone who doesn't wana see their parents doing it, that's why we knocked" (Claire's expression, hahaha)
    Gloria: "You should try my cupcakes"
    Luke: "Did you guys notice that dad has the same look on his face as when he smells a new car"
    There are so much moreee, Jay and grow a pair, Phil and zesty performance, Luke and how he describes sex, Cam and Mitch and which celeb the carpet belongs too!!

Just watch the episode I guarantee you will laugh out loud!! ^_^

Not a whole lot of laughs tonight, but this episode still managed to be wildly entertaining. The plots tonight weren't exactly original, but I've gotten used to Modern Family having generic family story lines. Like in tonight's case, the kids walk in on their parents having sex. So we've all seen this before, the only show that's coming to mind is That 70s Show, but we have seen this before, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was that Modern Family couldn't bring anything new to the table other than awkward situations, which really isn't new.

The thing I did happen to like was Gloria's story line tying in with Phil & Claire's story line with her trying to get the e-mail deleted. The rug thing wasn't the best, in fact, it was quite predictable that her kid would be allergic to strawberries the moment they made up that story. Oh well, Modern Family might not be the most original show (take this episode as an example), or the funniest, but it's still entertaining, and I'll give it that.
ABC